kahlan11
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
466 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by kahlan11 on Nov 14, 14 1:26 PM
I am also getting the same "unable to connect" message and this after purchasing some diamonds. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times and nothing happens (although my timer for quests keeps counting down and the gifting area is lighting up which it hasn't been doing for awhile). Managed to play the tournament this a.m., but don't know if I even won there! I will submit a request for help unless BF has some help NOW for these problems!!

sktgrl119
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by sktgrl119 on Nov 14, 14 1:41 PM
I'm also having the "unable to connect to server" problem. I played the tournament successfully this afternoon and now I can't play at all =(

I need my MC fix =(

[Post New]by Autumnharrell on Nov 14, 14 1:46 PM
My game was working fine, until the competitions began. After that my game started doing the same thing before the update (freezing, not updating, etc.) I shut down the game to reboot and now it says can't connect to my server. Nothing is wrong with my server. I can connect to other games and sites.

kahlan11
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
466 Posts

[Post New]by kahlan11 on Nov 14, 14 1:53 PM
Just sent to tech services and hope to get an answer SOONER than 2 days from now. All my other games are working just fine. I have had this problem before with MC, but reinstalling seemed to work, but not this time. YIKES!!

jforever
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by jforever on Nov 14, 14 2:00 PM
Having "not able to connect to server" again!

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Nov 14, 14 2:02 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for letting us know that there's been trouble with connecting to Midnight Castle. To confirm, the game is currently down due to a technical issue, but our team is working as quickly as they can to get the game up and running as soon as possible. We'll definitely post in the Midnight Castle (PC) TEMPORARILY down - November 14th, 2014 thread as soon as we receive any additional information.

In the meantime, thank you all for your patience and we hope to get you back to your games soon.

bfgWaimea

Edited on 11/14/2014 at 2:21:35 PM PST

winterwine
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by winterwine on Nov 14, 14 2:14 PM
I have been having problems for about an hour now. I cannot sign into MC. It loads the game, etc. and suddenly I cannot connect to server------retry/quit. I retry several times and nothing. I finally do quit and get out of the game. I know it is not a connection issue because I can connect to internet explorer/msn without problems. This just started. Please help.
I play on a Toshiba laptop with windows 8.1, 64-bit OS. Don't ask me for a player number because I cannot remember it.
Thanks

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Nov 14, 14 2:15 PM
I just updated my modem. Now I am unable to connect to server. I am level 52. If I have to start over, I think I will quit.

miner
Herring
Herring
313 Posts

[Post New]by miner on Nov 14, 14 3:09 PM
Unfortunately the sever is down all over the world. It is maybe due to the devs doing a new update and the tournament on at the same time.

Suggestion - clean out some of the HOS as they are to messy ( lots of detail )
Mirror Nave, Stone Bowl, Crocodile Bush
Also get rid of those weird black flowers inserted in recent update they are not impressive.

On level 53

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Nov 14, 14 3:19 PM
bfgWaimea wrote:Hi Everyone,

Thank you for letting us know that there's been trouble with connecting to Midnight Castle. To confirm, the game is currently down due to a technical issue, but our team is working as quickly as they can to get the game up and running as soon as possible. We'll definitely post in the <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/0/301958.page">Midnight Castle (PC) TEMPORARILY down - November 14th, 2014 </a> thread as soon as we receive any additional information.

In the meantime, thank you all for your patience and we hope to get you back to your games soon.

bfgWaimea

Oh that's nice - the continuing saga of BF's lousy servers combined with the lousy service. Not only did you stop us connecting, you made us lose daily quests because you did it just prior to midnight here, AND - after playing for over an hour to stock up on some items - when I do get back in, the entire progress, including the quests I had completed, as all reset! I come back in at EXACTLY the place I was when I started playing an hour before being kicked out! All the quests, the items and everything is gone - Oh except for the one HOS which had gone up a level when I was playing. THAT is still up the level, but the items I had were gone!
Now, i know many of the issues we all continually complain about, such as the flower/coins issue, are actually of your making, but others, such as the server, should not be an issue at all. YOU KNOW how many people are playing and how many more are anticipated joining; you should have set up suitable machines to handle the load. Stop penny-pinching, get the system sorted and for once, THINK about your clients!

Re Update 13 Nov.

[Post New]by Del_Boy_2 on Nov 14, 14 3:27 PM
I am now very worried about this game. Update, then next day server down ??? Plus all the other glitches on here. Will I lose all my game play, when it returns along with all my hard earnt Gold, Diamonds, Pets, My Inventory, (19 crammed pages) My level, etc, etc. Not to mention the hours and hours playing, and cash spent on A FREE GAME. Plus, my game manager will not close down, nor will Midnight Castle (has never done so from day one) It still appears in my running processes folder even after closing. I have to end the process myself or I have multiple managers running, and it tells me Midnight Castle is still running and cannot restart the game untill I close the old one. Yet another glitch ???? This game would be a world beater if only the design team got rid of the faults before putting it out, that also goes for the updates. Will have to see what happens when it comes back on line. ??? It seems they welcome the cash FROM A FREE GAME but not put out a quality product !!!!!!

[Post New]by meg1324 on Nov 15, 14 6:41 AM
Even after update my progress still does not save! Please do something because it's just awful! It's impossible to play now, I'm stuck in one place all the time!

frosteen
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by frosteen on Nov 15, 14 7:41 AM
Here is the response I got regarding not being able to install the update...

It sounds like maybe the Big Fish Game App is just having trouble automatically detecting the update, and it can be difficult to say for sure why. The first possible solution we should try is to tell the Big Fish Game App to search for updates manually instead of automatically. I'll guide you through the process:

Open the Big Fish Game App and click "Options" in the right-hand corner.
Click the "Downloads" tab
Select "Manually" under "Game Updates".
Click "check for updates" - if one is available, it'll tell you the amount, and you can click "Select updates to install".
Make sure the game's update is selected, then click the blue Install update button.

If that doesn't find the update, or it fails, the next best thing we can try is uninstalling and reinstalling Midnight Castle, as doing so will ensure that the latest version is installed. No worries on your data or progress - that stays on the computer when you uninstall.

To uninstall, just hit the trash can icon in the Big Fish Game App. After uninstalling, you can reinstall from the game's web page - I'll link you to it:

Midnight Castle

Afterwards, please try to play the game to see if the problem persists.

I did the first part but haven't done the unistall/reinstall yet.

[Post New]by _Fossil_ on Nov 15, 14 3:02 PM
Under my "Collector of Antiquities" achievement, the running number that is being tracked is the number of HOS's completed, not the number of items collected for the airship. Does anyone else have this error?

[Post New]by dacastello on Nov 15, 14 5:33 PM
The Bracelet of Seeing, Sign of Mercy, Book of Evil is returning the Crystal of Twilight instead of the Glowing Darkness. This halts me in the game because I need 24 Glowing Darkness items to continue the game.
Played HOS twice 16 Nov got one Glowing Darkness and one Crystal of Twilight when following a find. It appears I am getting a random select. At this rate it will take me 48 hours of game time to complete one quest. This seems a little too long!

Edited on 11/16/2014 at 5:53:04 PM PST

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Nov 16, 14 12:07 PM
frosteen wrote:Here is the response I got regarding not being able to install the update...

It sounds like maybe the Big Fish Game App is just having trouble automatically detecting the update, and it can be difficult to say for sure why. The first possible solution we should try is to tell the Big Fish Game App to search for updates manually instead of automatically. I'll guide you through the process:

Open the Big Fish Game App and click "Options" in the right-hand corner.
Click the "Downloads" tab
Select "Manually" under "Game Updates".
Click "check for updates" - if one is available, it'll tell you the amount, and you can click "Select updates to install".
Make sure the game's update is selected, then click the blue Install update button.

If that doesn't find the update, or it fails, the next best thing we can try is uninstalling and reinstalling Midnight Castle, as doing so will ensure that the latest version is installed. No worries on your data or progress - that stays on the computer when you uninstall.

To uninstall, just hit the trash can icon in the Big Fish Game App. After uninstalling, you can reinstall from the game's web page - I'll link you to it:

Midnight Castle

Afterwards, please try to play the game to see if the problem persists.

I did the first part but haven't done the unistall/reinstall yet.

Thanks for sharing. I always do the manual update, and it doesn't work - when you find the update and click instal, it then says there is no update (after it has already found it!)
I can't be a***d doing the whole uninstall reinstall thing - it never works. So I will just play as is until the day (soon) when it won't allow me to.
Thanks all the same

Dart6672
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Dart6672 on Nov 16, 14 2:16 PM
OK so here's the problem I'm having, I got to level 6 then my game crashed upon opening the friends menu, no problem just closed the window and went back then my level got reverted back to 5 and my quests thrown back right before i get the Obsidian key. Now every time i close and open the game its reverted to that point in time. I've tried reinstalling the game but that didn't help. If anyone knows a work around for this please lemme know

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Nov 17, 14 12:46 AM
Here we go again...0335 EST, and No Server Connection on MC games, lap top and pc. Just when I thought it was safe to start sending gifts out at this time...Dang it! Why must we be forced to jump through hoops...like waiting for certain times, or trying to figure out how and when to send and receive gifts? Oh yeah, I know nobody is "forcing" me to play the game...but I think you know what I mean. It is the players who are expected to figure out how to work around all the glitches in order to play the game. I am frustrated once again.

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Nov 17, 14 2:29 AM
BF how comes that there are spam posts on this Forum ????? Please take care immediately, thanks.

[Post New]by MaceLight on Nov 17, 14 2:26 PM
Logged on to game -- all HOS are set to 58:34. Checked 10 HOS -- all have same value
Looks like there is a problem!

Go to: