Senior Citizens sign in!!

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by Lambina on Feb 4, 18 2:49 PM
I have heard some people say that they have to play certain games on hard wire due to issues with wifi service, and router settings can make a difference in gaming performance.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 5, 18 12:10 AM
update on the issues with my ipad whilst waiting for answers from the tech people, I now, approx 8 hours since last posting, have not gained any more lives, its still telling me I have 1 life left (played one level and thats when it crashed, losing that life), I now STILL have one life left and its telling me I won't get another for 2h44m, and if I turn my ipad off, or go play a dfferent game, that time will NOT count down at all, it has to be left on all the time. AND, its now cut sweetheart island out of my game, tells me to complete all earlier cities to unlock this city, yet, if i open the passport, I can open it but when I hit the level I am up to (currently 35), it goes straight back to the world map and I can't open the island at all. This is so stuffed up its just not funny and I simply can't play like this, its just spoilt and useless. I hope its all sorted soon so I can at least finish the island.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 6, 18 1:42 PM
Time still stuffed up on GD for me, but the lives are now regenerating in normal time, however, if I dare to turn the ipad off whilst waiting, or go and play or do something else on there, they won't countdown and regererate till I open GD again so I have to leave it turned on and open which is not how it should work, nor how it used to be. And I am still waiting to hear back from customer service, now been a few days so they are either ignoring me or are totally snowed under with issues. The time glitch with daily events is still up the creek too.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Feb 6, 18 2:59 PM
I’m not having any problems on my iPad Jules so it looks like something which is just bedevilling you unfortunately. It sounds like you will have to keep chasing up the tech people

CliveJ
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by CliveJ on Feb 7, 18 6:43 AM
Jules, I know it won't cheer you up when I say that I have only had the most minor of niggles with GD playing on my iPad2 Just wondering – is it possible that your iPad is an old one and is a bit short on processing power?

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 7, 18 1:57 PM
Finally got an answer from customer support. Wasn't any help at all, simply told me to shut down the ipad and reboot, clear off other open apps etc. I had already done all of that many times anyway, and checked for updates daily. So nothing has changed. Had to turn ipad off when I went to sleep last night, when I turned it on after waking up, none of the lives had regenerated again, I had gone down to 1 before turning off, still had 1 approx 7 hours later so had to leave it on in order to regenerate the others. And shipping took approx 12 hours again. Am so over this its not funny. Have emailed them back for some real help, will see what happens.

And just to follow up on CliveJs comment about the type of ipad etc, its an ipad 3, it has NO issues with anything else whatsoever besides GD, I have even backed it up, cleared the memory by half so its got plenty of space etc and as GD is the only thing that doesn't work properly, I can only assume that its not an issue with my ipad but with the game. Somehow, since the last update, its just stuffed up beyond anything I could have imagined. The IOS is up to date, always has been and nothing else crashes EVER. Its always had issues with wifi on GD specifically, but when there has been an update on GD, its always managed to update it via the app store so eventually, it catches up with the saved game on server etc. I have no idea why its working like it is, but I really don't think its the ipads fault.

Edited on 02/07/2018 at 2:04:00 PM PST

[Post New]by memepat on Feb 9, 18 9:38 PM
I'm here! 73 y.o., play several games to keep my mind busy. I like Gummy Drop -- it's fun, it's frustrating, it's absolutely maddening, you know. Currently half-way through Shanghai. I have a bone to pick with BFG, though. They had a pop-up about coins at half price. When I bit, they charged me full price! It's only $5, but it's the principle of the thing. Can't even figure out who to complain to. Any ideas?

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 9, 18 10:46 PM
Hi memepat. Welcome to the GD forum, nice to hear from new 'faces'. If you contact customer support directly, they will answer you, even if it takes a few days. Go to page ONE, of the thread called please post any tech issues for GD mobile here, the first post on there has links. If you are playing on PC, use the PC thread next to it, but both will get you to the right place. Fill in all the bits and submit it, you will hear back from someone within 2 days and they will sort it out for you and help you. And if you can't work that out or have any trouble with it, post back on here and let us know, we will help you get there.

Edited on 02/09/2018 at 10:47:21 PM PST

[Post New]by memepat on Feb 10, 18 2:14 PM
Thank you, Jules, for your help. Took another look at everything and realized I was having , if you'll excuse the expression, a senior moment. My bad, everything is good.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 10, 18 6:25 PM
That's OK memepat. Glad you sorted it. Keep an eye on this thread and others, you will always get help when you need it. And don't hestitate to post here whenever you like.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Feb 11, 18 12:43 AM
Hello everyone

Yesterday, it happened something strange on my Iphone !

While returning back home from my drawing class, I decided to transfer resources from all my previous cities to my current one. I was in the train and it was 6:00 pm

At home, I checked my current city. It was about 7:30 pm.
And all the resources I transferred where arrived !
Normally, I should have wait until 10:00 pm to get them !

Did it already happened to you ?

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 11, 18 2:04 AM
Marie, I am having the total opposite problem with resources being transferred to my current city. It certainly tells me they will take the normal 4 hours and the countdown happens, I get a notification on the ipad screen when that time expires to tell me they have arrived, but when I open the city, they do not appear, so I go back to the world map screen, open the tab, it tells me they still have anywhere between 1hr to 3hrs or something like that till they get to the destination. The only way to force them to arrive is to shut down the ipad completely and reboot, then guess what happens? They magically appear when I open the city. I am so sick of this. I reckon there was a real bad glitch created in that last update that is obviously not affecting everyone, but boy, it certainly got to me. Sounds like you have it too but differently.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 11, 18 6:25 AM
"Time for fun in the sun, in Miami!" But the Miami scene is nighttime. It jars me each time Sam says that when Miami loads.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Feb 11, 18 11:35 AM
Good thing I always have the sound turned off on GD so I don’t hear the comments or music etc. Lordkalvan, once again we are up to page 104 on this thread but I can’t open that page so have to go to 103. Maybe this post will do the trick.
Marie - was your train one for back to the future?

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 11, 18 2:08 PM
I too always have the sounds and music turned off, I have never ever played this or any other game with the sounds. They are incredibly repetitive and boring and it would drive me insane if I had to listen to them all the time. Ages ago, someone asked about the name of a piece of music that was on one of the cities, so I turned the sound on just to check it out, didn't know what it was, and listened to a few different city 'noises' and introductions, and was so glad I was able to turn it all off again.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Feb 12, 18 1:42 AM
Trav3lbird wrote:
Marie - was your train one for back to the future?

LOL Trav
I guess my train went through a "subspace anomaly"

Was not able to get page 104 until this morning.
Lot of strange things happened these days ....

missbethann
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by missbethann on Feb 12, 18 5:34 AM
Everest was open this morning when I signed on to GD. Going to waste my 2 hrs. of life on trying for the daily challenge. I'm on a PC if it makes a difference as to when it hits the mobile devices. Good luck to all.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 12, 18 5:52 AM
I got Everest this morning too, on my iPad. Either I was very lucky or it was easy. Lucky most likely because more than one of the levels I came exceedingly close to running out of moves.

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Feb 12, 18 7:49 AM
WOW!!! I can't believe how often the Everest Challenge has been offered. Since I did the last PC update in November the Everest Challenge has presented itself on Nov 15, Dec 26, Jan 15, Jan 29, Feb 7, and Feb 12. I am not complaining just commenting. It seems it went from once a month to once every two weeks to once a week!!! Hope this trend continues because it is very helpful if you win the challenge to gain coins and boosts and 2 hours of infinite lives. Love it!!! Thanks GD.....

Best regards
Glitter

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 12, 18 2:06 PM
Yep, I too love the Everest challenge being on now so often. It appeared on my ipad yesterday. Have got the 1st four levels done, dead easy, just waiting till I have time later to do the last one and make best use of the 2 hours unlimited lives. Thank you GD. Keep it coming. And the marathons too please. It really adds some extra fun to the game when we are waiting for a new city to open up.

Go to: