GREAT NEWS about Dying for Daylight Chapters 5 - 8

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Mar 19, 12 12:56 PM
I found someone that has connections and this is what I found out. Although there is no known release date, it IS HAPPENING. The rumors are apparently false that they have abandoned finishing due to lower than expected profits from the 1st part.

I am on their FB page and someone posted this:

For Fan Club or other fan-related and miscellaneous questions, please contact my assistant and friend, Paula (bffpaula@yahoo.com). Paula knows everything, and if she doesn’t, she’ll try hard to find out.

This is from Charlaine Harris' official fan page. If everyone takes a second and e-mails her maybe one of us can get an answer and let everyone else know.

I emailed Paula, this is the reply I got in my email:

Hi Amanda,

Charlaine and I are looking forward to the next installment too! The company went through a reorganization of both staff and products. The good news is they have stated that they will be developing the next segment of the game but we have not been given a production or release date. I wish I could provide more info but this is all her agent has received so far. Once we have a definite date it will be posted on Charlaine's website.

Thanks for asking,

Paula

So even though I wish I had a release date or a production date, at least this is good news for fans that have given up hope for them even doing Chapters 5 - 8 at all. I am just glad for the news they ARE OFFICIALLY doing the rest of the game.

Edited on 03/19/2012 at 2:14:38 PM PST

Re:GREAT NEWS about Dying for Daylight Chapters 5 - 8

[Post New]by hanjonsmom on Mar 22, 12 3:47 PM
Thanks for the update. I just played the first part for the second time and now I'm really looking forward to part 2.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 26, 12 2:05 PM
Brilliant!! Thank you so much!!

luvpumpkns
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by luvpumpkns on Apr 13, 12 2:26 PM
thanks so much for the info! just finished the game(i'm a hoarder and way behind lol) and look forward to the next installment.

[Post New]by gamelover_33 on Apr 16, 12 6:41 PM
whooooooww who i have been waiting like three years for This thanks for the info i hope i dont have to wait another three years yiks

remmah17
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by remmah17 on Apr 19, 12 2:35 AM
Oh Thank you! FINALLY ITS HAPPENING

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Apr 20, 12 6:27 AM
can you give us anymore information??????????----doug

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Apr 20, 12 6:30 AM
it has been a long time, i guess the DEVS think people forget about the game. I am really upset, how DEVS put a game out and it is NOT complete. for example faerie solitaire. there should be some type of warning that a game is NOT complete.-----------doug

[Post New]by Wintersfae on May 7, 12 7:34 AM
Oh, that's GREAT news!! I hope they get it out timely! I bought the first part almost a year and a half ago and have been drooling for the next part ever since!! Thanks for letting us know! I know I'll be trying to get more info too!!

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on May 23, 12 7:59 AM
So is a part two really coming? I see that it has been a couple months ago when it was posted that it should be.

[Post New]by Tracy7972 on Jul 5, 12 4:10 PM
Thanks for the update!!!

Juicey08
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Juicey08 on Jul 16, 12 5:28 PM
This is wonderful! One of my favorite games!!

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on Jul 26, 12 7:07 AM
Thanks for posting this; I'm tentatively excited, but not holding my breath. The details (such as they are) are extremely vague and anything could happen, including nothing at all. Sadly, we've seen this happen in the gaming world time and again. But I'll hope for the best!

KatranMoiety1
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by KatranMoiety1 on Aug 22, 12 6:54 PM
Thanks, Dylansmom for the update !!! *fingers crossed*

greenshade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by greenshade on Aug 25, 12 4:56 AM
This is the best news I've had in a while! In the meantime, does anyone know of a game that's similar (quirky, humorous, and FUN?)

[Post New]by Jadesname on Sep 1, 12 10:19 AM
So where is it? You posted that they were continuing the game with more chapters, so where is it? Am I the only one who noticed that was posted back in March, this is now September almost 6 months later. I think there is no game and they just don't wanna tell people there is no game. Because if there was a game why haven't we seen it yet? it has been at least a year since the first couple chapters, and if they can release new games daily where is the one we want?

[Post New]by Gingerbread761 on Sep 27, 12 4:38 PM
We are patiently waiting for chapters 5 - 8 to come out. Chapters 1 - 4 were the best game we had played in a l-o-n-g time. Please let us know when it comes out AS SOON as it comes out! Thanks for making such an exciting/challenging game!

ingeash
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by ingeash on Dec 17, 12 3:44 AM
Any updates on this???

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Jan 7, 13 8:04 PM
I'm waiting for news on this too. I loved the demo but didn't purchase since I'd read that it has no ending. I will buy it if the sequel is made. Ideally, they should rerelease the game with the two sections combined possibly as a CE and release the sequel as a SE for those who already purchased the first game.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 7, 13 8:10 PM
Hi FishyFemale,
The first instalment was actually a complete game (and more fun and longer than others offered here for the same price), but very few of us thought there would be a "to be continued" at the end when it was first offered here.
There have been a lot of rumours and "promises" about the 2nd instalment, but nothing concrete so far .... even after all of this time and the encouraging news from dylansmom.
I would still highly recommend that you purchase this game (as a DD or especially with a PCC if you have one) as it is still a most delightful game.
Cheers

Go to: