DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Comments for Behind the Reflection 2: Witch's Revenge

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Mar 21, 12 1:00 AM
Hi there,
Having quite enjoyed the first game, I "tasted" this from the dev's site a while ago only to find disappointment in the sequel rather than an extension of the challenge. Too much "assistance" for me, but maybe others of you have more favourable opinions/comments to post.
Cheers.

Re:Comments for Behind the Reflection 2: Witch's Revenge

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Mar 21, 12 1:54 AM
I did love the first one. But I don't know about this game. I found it a little bit boring.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Mar 21, 12 10:36 AM
Even though it's been 'slim pickens' lately, this one just doesn't grab me. Probably with a pcc or dd, just looks a little quick n easy to me

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Mar 21, 12 10:51 AM
DEVS.... I will rarely buy a game that doesn't have a harder mode selection. You lost a sale here. Is it really that hard to make an optional harder mode without sparkles?

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Mar 21, 12 11:14 AM
Well, the game does have a number of elements that should have made it at least an interesting one - straight HO scenes, circular pop-ups to find items, collect bits in one scene to use in another and lots of solveable puzzles.
However, the constant "unsolicited" arrows and sparkly areas to show you where to go and even where items were to be located, I found to be extremely annoying.
Along with shagwendy, I too would have liked to have had a second difficulty option without all of the assistance. The instructions you are given as to what to do are "helpful" enough.
ETA: And there's no walkthrough. How are we supposed to find out how long the game is.

Edited on 03/21/2012 at 11:30:20 AM PST

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Mar 21, 12 12:18 PM
I replayed the first game to refresh my memory, and enjoyed it. I was able to work most of the puzzles without issue. (I am NOT puzzle person!) Then, I started the demo of this new one, and I am NOT impressed. So sad when the sequel is worse the the first. It's usually the other way around. Guess this is a no buy for me, even though I have a credit. I don't want to waste it on this. Now, off to replay another game until maybe, just maybe, a good one comes out. Like someone said on here earlier, it's been slim pickens lately.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Mar 21, 12 8:14 PM
I agree with DLO and Wendy - if the devs hope to make some money, they need to recognize the necessity of different playing modes. Many people will not buy a game, no matter how entertaining, if there is not a harder play mode offered that allows players the option of turning off the sparkles and extraneous guidance.

In other words, "da' sparkles have gotta go!" At least selectively.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Mar 21, 12 11:14 PM
Hm, yes, but it is amazing just how far one can get through a game with two 60 minute trials and your progress is saved and remembered from the first. LOL
Now, where is that damn WT so I can ascertain as to how close I am to completing this game to consider purchasing it as a DD?

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Mar 21, 12 11:17 PM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Well, the game does have a number of elements that should have made it at least an interesting one - straight HO scenes, circular pop-ups to find items, collect bits in one scene to use in another and lots of solveable puzzles.
However, the constant "unsolicited" arrows and sparkly areas to show you where to go and even where items were to be located, I found to be extremely annoying.
Along with shagwendy, I too would have liked to have had a second difficulty option without all of the assistance. The instructions you are given as to what to do are "helpful" enough.
ETA: And there's no walkthrough. How are we supposed to find out how long the game is.

I agree totally and no walkthrough no buy from me.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Mar 21, 12 11:26 PM
care___916 wrote:
DragonLadyOz wrote:Well, the game does have a number of elements that should have made it at least an interesting one - straight HO scenes, circular pop-ups to find items, collect bits in one scene to use in another and lots of solveable puzzles.

I agree totally and no walkthrough no buy from me.

Hi care,
I hope I don't offend you regarding the WT reference, but my meaning was an ironic response to the usual hue and cry about there not being a WT for a game and the often-times reason being to assess the length of the game.
Really a WT isn't needed - just a post from someone who actually purchased and completed this game as to how many scenes/chapters.
Cheers

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Mar 22, 12 4:53 AM
I don't like this either, I'm afraid. It has good graphics, navigation, story and music, but it's not fun. The items to find for the pop ups are not all in the same scenes and it's hard to remember where to go to use what you have found. It drags for me, as though it's run out of ideas already. No WT, from BF anyway, and the hint button is just plain unhelpful.

After one hour demo, I cannot see there being anything new or different further down the line, just more pop ups and little else.

I'll keep in on my GM for when I hit a dry patch, but I would really rather pass on it.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 28, 12 8:53 AM
As much as I enjoyed the beginning of the game, after a while I got very bored with the sameness of the gameplay. Each new scene was exactly like the one before, with just different objects to find.

Once I got to where I had to assemble the windmill, I stuck with it for a little while longer, but then I just couldn't continue, and uninstalled the game. I was fatigue with boredom. Sorry...

Go to: