bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Behind the Reflection 2: Witch's Revenge

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Mar 21, 12 1:02 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Behind the Reflection 2: Witch's Revenge? We’d love to hear all about it, together with many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Behind the Reflection 2: Witch's Revenge page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Reviews for Behind the Reflection 2: Witch's Revenge

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Mar 21, 12 1:02 AM
Hi fishies,

Just to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only. If you have any comments or questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. (As you could imagine, this feedback is very helpful! )

So to make sure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any comments and non-review posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Mar 21, 12 1:32 AM
Lovely game, a lot of "balloons" (circles) to pop up , great graphics, fast recharge of the hints, and generous help out of the HOS.

Thanks developers, thanks BF!

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Mar 21, 12 1:40 AM
Not for me I'm afraid. Far too many sparkles, I thought developers had realised we at least want an option to turn them off? The few mini game/puzzles I came across were, I think, for 5 year olds. Oh well, there's usually Thursday to look forward to.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Mar 21, 12 2:01 AM
This game started off with a lot of promise apart from the music / background sounds which became irrating. That wasn't a problem as I would just simply turn the sound off.

Graphics were brilliant.

Clear hidden object scenes which were not cluttered, with some items hard to find which is a challenge I like.

The other aspect is finding a collection of items to obtain an inventory item you need. This again is something I like.

Some unique puzzles and some variation on the common ones.

This was a definite buy for me until...

What totally put me off was what happened when she left the house. Whilst I am not an expert player and cannot play games in hardcore mode, I was overwhelmed by the sudden appearance of lots of sparkles and arrows all over the screen. Whether this had happened in the house and I hadn't realised I am not sure but it certainly hit me in the face later and I could no longer carry one.

No buy for me.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 21, 12 2:30 AM
This review is based on the demo.

There is only one gameplay mode.

There is a journal, but no map.

There is no voice-over.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor.

There are lots of silly whispers, which irritated me quite a bit, so I had to turn the sound down far more than I usually do.

The HOS (hidden object scenes) come in 2 parts:
1) You get a circle in which you have to collect several objects to get one other object.
2) The second HOS is the normal one, in which you find all the objects needed. One of those objects belong in the circle.

The HINT button, which also works outside of the HOS, and which is that boy on the left, refills very quickly - under half a minute.

The puzzles can be skipped, and the SKIP button fills relatively fast.

The graphics are nicely done, especially in the normal HOS, which were not messy, and the objects were easy enough to find.

--- --- ---

This game will probably not appeal to hard-core gamers - there are quite a few sparklies all over the place - but I am loving it, especially with the variety of HOS.

You will also find that there are quite a few HOS following each other, so if you are not a fan of those, beware...

I own the first game, and enjoyed playing it, and I am sure I will enjoy this one even more. This is definitely a buy for me.

Edited on 03/21/2012 at 1:29:07 PM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Mar 21, 12 3:12 AM
My review is based on demo. Even though I don't mind sparkles as much as others, this has way to many and to much hand holding even for me. And that's saying alot. I like the overall play of the game and the graphics and animations are good enough. I just wish the developers would have given us the choice of different modes of play. I don't like being told what to do in life, much less being told what to do in my games.

With all this said it's a mediocre game for me. I will own it and I think it's worth playing. But I would not pay full price. IMO But I like it o.k. and I appreciate all the hard work that went into making it. But note to developers...please give us the choice of NO sparkles and please don't show us the way with arrows. That's the fun of a game. To figure out how to do it ourselves. It is worth trying and I will buy it one day...just not today. Enjoy

NO: Widescreen
YES: Fullscreen
NO: Voiceovers
NO: Different modes of play
YES: Journal
YES: Hog Scenes
YES: Custome Cursor
Sound: Music/Effects
Theme: Cartoonish Adventure

I rate this game:“PORK BELLY” Mediocre game
Maybe a likable game for some, but not for everyone. It’s just mediocre, but it is for me on sale only or with a punch card.
‘ ‘
(o)

Vallarina
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by Vallarina on Mar 21, 12 4:03 AM
I played the demo only. The game is, at first a bit hard to figure out. I used the hint button, and until I knew what I was looking for, it really didn't help me. But once I got the hang of it, the game was fun.
Not sure if I will purchase game or not. I need to think about it.
Vallarina

[Post New]by mieke16holding on Mar 21, 12 4:38 AM
I quite enjoyed this game for a few reasons:
Beautiful crisp, clear graphics
A couple of ways to find objects in the scenes, reminiscent of Crystal Portal games
Movement between scenes to do things
The ability to move quite simply and complete easy puzzles whilst enjoying the graphics which is relaxing
The hint system is fast

Things that may put people off are:
One gameplay mode
No map
The lack of challenge
The ease of playing the puzzles in particular
HOS scenes are not hard although there is a challenge finding some objects.
The overuse of sparkles

Overall I found this to be an enjoyable game to just relax and look at beautiful graphics without having to think too much, go back and forth endelessly and become frustrated. Sometimes I need something like this!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Mar 21, 12 4:57 AM
The graphics were clear so I had no problem seeing anything in the HO scenes etc and the music was pleasant but repetitious but the game froze when I tried to go upstairs and for this reason as well as all the sparkles I will not be purchasing this game.

Cherb

[Post New]by heatherington on Mar 21, 12 5:37 AM
I'm with Valdy on the whispers. Had to turn the sound off because no concentration was possible. But as to the sparkles and all the arrows and stuff, yes they were in the house as well as in whatever village we were thrown into. I bought it because it does present a challenge. Nice to have an SE for a change without having to break the bank. To me its the challenge of the game and that every once in a while you had to go two or three scenes away in order to find something you needed. I made it all the way into the mansion in the demo and I'm right in the middle of something so I'm away!

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Mar 21, 12 6:03 AM
Nice game, love the graphics, the music for me was nice enough and have no problem with it, I like the sparkling areas as well, they do not bother me at all.

The story is nice, easy to follow, child disappear, find clues, defeat the evil one, rescue child.

Plain and simple, puzzles are nice and easy to do.

I am a fan of the ring item finder that adds a littler variety from the HOscenes only.

For a SE this game is great.

mehebert
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by mehebert on Mar 21, 12 6:26 AM
good morning fishies! I don't usually post but thought I would this morning.

I am downloading now. I don't mind sparkles either and enjoyed the first game so I will give this one a try.
One thing that turnes me off is no walkthrough, even though I have played Hidden Object before, many many of them I still like a walkthrough for guidence. Will try it and see how it goes.
Have a great day.

SherrieS
Minnow
Minnow
275 Posts

[Post New]by SherrieS on Mar 21, 12 6:27 AM
Based on Demo-that was far to quick IMO
Child soul stealing witch escapes jail & wants revenge on a mother that turned her in.
I haven't played the first one, but it really doesn't need it for this sequel.
Intro/Loading music is very interesting & actually upbeat.
No voice overs, balloon text on background-video clip replayable in notebook.
WOW! excellant computer graphics are very clean
great combo of HO/Gather items for next step (in same area-good)
The music changes to suspenseful after intro once into game. Whisperes in Sound effects sounds latin based-can control it.
clear instruction, fun mini games so far. a bit of thinking involved.
no level options-
click penalty in HO.(there are 18 ways to define stamp BTW)
Sparkles only light up after 30 seconds-so good directions that way
no map iinteractive or otherwise-so no info on length.
So all in all a fun, somewhat challenging game for HO/Puzzle fans.
/ --the map would have been helpful ALOT not only to gauge length, but also possible areas to explore, interactive would have been even better--so I'm spoilt

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 21, 12 6:38 AM
I like this game alot, especially the game mechanics and storyline. The graphic is much better as in part 1 and the gameplay too. For me its a definete buy

Edited on 03/21/2012 at 6:39:23 AM PST

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Mar 21, 12 7:45 AM
After 30 minutes with the demo, I will say that this sequel to Behind the Reflection is very much like the first. So if you enjoyed the story and gameplay the first time out, you will be very happy with this installment.

The graphics are very sharp, the gameplay is identical with the HOS offered as bubbles and junk piles (but not over crowded junk piles - everything is very easy to see and of good size).

There won't be a problem finding your way around as there's always something sparkling/pulsing or otherwise making it self known in order to show all available puzzles/HOS/areas of interest/journal, etc. The puzzles are easy with the solutions readily available. Trust me, you won't need a walkthrough - just click on the closest sparkly thing.

Have fun with it.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 21, 12 11:23 AM
JulieJay wrote:What totally put me off was what happened when she left the house. Whilst I am not an expert player and cannot play games in hardcore mode, I was overwhelmed by the sudden appearance of lots of sparkles and arrows all over the screen. Whether this had happened in the house and I hadn't realised I am not sure but it certainly hit me in the face later and I could no longer carry one.

No buy for me.

JulieJay... at first the arrows confused me as well. I thought they were there to show me the way to other parts, but they seem to be a kind of tutorial in a new scene. You click on where one arrow points to, and get an object which you then add to where the other arrow points to, which is the ring in which this item goes.

I think because there is no "tutorial" as such in this game, these arrows give you an idea of what you have to do. I am sure it only happens right at the beginning of a new scene. After I finished the scenes with the arrows, and moved on, I didn't see any other arrows, so far...

This game does give a lot of help, but I actually don't mind. I enjoy the gameplay. Variety is the spice of life - so they say - and I do enjoy this kind of HOG just as much as I enjoy those games that don't help me along so much.

Oh, and I had no problems with either of the 2 cursors, nor did I get an error message, and I had no problems getting into the attic on the top floor of the house.

Edited on 03/21/2012 at 11:23:58 AM PST

acewidd
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by acewidd on Mar 21, 12 11:45 AM
look like it's a reallyy good game but the cursor is driving me to distraction, it goes anywhere but where it should be, ive tried both system and game cursors both thee same, even removed the game and downloaded it again to no avail, anyone else had the same trouble please?

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Mar 21, 12 1:13 PM
Not a game I am particular fond of.. Music drove me nuts... I guess some fishes like this type of game, but I just couldn't get into it..

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Mar 21, 12 5:10 PM
I didn't find this game appealing, too many rotary search objcs, the graphics are mediocre, there are some tech problems with the solving puzzles, beside the fact that the minigames are almost awful, as I haven't seen its in a long time, for a devlps as **** is disappointing, too bad!

Go to: