[Post New]by cleoladycat on Mar 22, 12 12:04 AM
Any comments fishes?

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

Re:Todays DD March 22 2012

[Post New]by JulieJay on Mar 22, 12 1:09 AM
Lasted 18 minutes of demo. Skipped all the dialogue - too much! The HO's were a mix of word list and shadows. Extra hints can be earned by finding a specific item in each scene. The removing of lint and wallpaper and then re-wallpapering was horrible. I held out for the 18 mins waiting for one of the advertised "manic puzzles" until I realised that the hated removing of lint and wallpaper were the "manic puzzles". I desperately wanted to like this game. I've got nothing to play and have resorted to replaying all my old games including the ones I bought on CD before joining BF. I wish I could like other genres but I don't. HOPA's are all I play (SE's not CE's). It might be time to go back to my Facebook Farmville Farm which I abandoned in favour of BF over a year ago

endofmonth
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by endofmonth on Mar 22, 12 5:38 AM
I thought it was a fun, light game. Way too much dialog, but you can skip through that. Very satisfying to fix up the old house. Certainly a good 2.99 deal.

njmathews
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by njmathews on Mar 22, 12 9:39 AM
I agree with endofmonth, but everyone should definitely check out the demo to see if it is your cup of tea. I like the "manic puzzles" (which, since I played in untimed mode weren't manic at all, which I prefer). As for all the dialogue, I was pleased to see it is mostly text and I'm a fast reader. Very pleasant, light game.

JulieJay - Can you check on my farm while you're there? I abandoned mine a few years ago and last time I stopped by I'd been tee-peed.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Mar 22, 12 2:47 PM
This is a nice change from vampires, etc., however, I didn't care for the game. I don't want to mouse over lint on a jacket or trim the bushes just for busy work. There is way to much dialogue. If it was an exciting game the dialogue wouldn't have been so bad. As far as the hidden object scenes, well...it was just OK. I wouldn't spend $2.99 on this game tho'

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Mar 22, 12 4:32 PM
Since I love anything to do with decorating, I really wanted to like this game. But....I just can't, not even for 2.99. I didn't mind the "busywork" aspect (lint rolling, wallpaper removal and hanging, etc. - in fact, I kind of liked that aspect). I DID mind the ridiculous amount of dialogue - seriously, do we need to see the dog saying "woof"? - but I just started clicking through it, assuming I'd figure things out as I went along.

But aside from the busywork and the talk, the whole game is HOs. This would have been acceptable back when MCF: Huntsville came out, but now I just can't make myself do it. It's a shame I didn't find this game years ago. I might even have been able to take the HO scenes if the graphics were better, but they were only so-so. I didn't even want to use the scenes in Jigsaws Galore.

Give it a try, for the DD price you may find it worth it, but it's a no-buy for me.

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Mar 22, 12 4:46 PM
OK, I admit it. I'm a sucker for a big old house, so I went ahead and bought this despite all the ghastly reviews. So far, it's not that bad, and I think I'll at least get my $3.00' worth. I'm expecting a disappointing ending, though, so I reserved the book at the library. I rather like the story.

Go to: