bfgCimarron
1,902 Posts

UPDATE! New version available for Behind the Reflection 2: Witch's Revenge! March 22, 2012

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Mar 22, 12 2:03 PM
We have a new version of Behind the Reflection 2: Witch's Revenge up and ready for you now. This update

• Fixes all known issues

To get the newest version you'll just need to uninstall and reinstall the game.

Note: Players who experienced these issues may need to create a new profile and start over for these updates to take effect. We apologize for any inconvenience.

For help with uninstalling and reinstalling check out this help article here:

Uninstalling and Reinstalling

If you still have trouble after the update, just get in touch with our Customer Support team for help. One of our reps will be happy to help!

Happy gaming!

bfgCimarron

KBEAR2045
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Behind the Reflection 2: Witch's Revenge! March 22, 2012

[Post New]by KBEAR2045 on Mar 22, 12 8:38 PM
What are the "known issues". I was wondering if one of them was a missing puzzle piece in the mosiac plate. Also does it fix the mine cart puzzle that plays like a mahjong game?

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no help there. Do I have to start a new profile as well? Thanks for any help you can give.

Giliraz
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Behind the Reflection 2: Witch's Revenge! March 22, 2012

[Post New]by Giliraz on Mar 23, 12 12:03 PM
still getting the access violation error message...
is the update available only after the purchase?
I will buy if I cannot try...

burf90
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,289 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Mar 23, 12 3:18 PM
Giliraz wrote:still getting the access violation error message...
is the update available only after the purchase?
I will buy if I cannot try...

I believe updates are available to anyone that downloads, trial or not. You might try uninstalling the Game Manager, too, and be sure to use a clean download of the game direct from BFG. Don't use a saved download file from the previous version.

Giliraz
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Giliraz on Mar 23, 12 8:35 PM
thank you burf90, I downloaded the game direct from BFG after I unistalled it, because of that same problem ...
is it just me, or does anyone else have the access violation error message?

burf90
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,289 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Mar 24, 12 1:26 PM
You might want to try it again with your antivirus program disabled. If I have a stubborn game error, I reboot into "safe mode with networking". Then I do the uninstall / reinstall from there, being sure to uninstall the game manager, too. That process usually takes care of the problem for me (but not always).

Also, have you looked at the "Access Violation" article in the BFG Help Section? If not that may help you.

Valdy
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,539 Posts

UPDATE! New version available for Behind the Reflection 2: Witch's Revenge! March 22, 2012

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 27, 12 7:14 AM
I like to know why there was no alert on my Game Manager for an updated version.

When I played the demo, everything was working perfectly. Then I bought the game, but only today did I attempt to play it. The first thing that surprised me was that I had to start again right from the beginning. Even my player name was no longer there.

And then, when I wanted to go up to the attic, I also got that black screen - as others did. But I never got it in the demo.

So now I come here and find out that there is an updated version, which I didn't know because I didn't see anything on the Game Manager.

I will reinstall the game, but am a little put off about all this, and will see if those "known issues" have indeed been fixed.

Update will follow...

Additional: I am glad to see that I can now get into the attic. And I am glad to see that my progress has been saved this time.

Edited on 03/27/2012 at 7:34:04 AM PST

JulieJay
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,331 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Apr 1, 12 11:49 AM
I too had no problems at all in the demo. I left the game in my GM until I bought it yesterday. When I've gone to play it, my previous profile was there but I created another one as I always start from the beginning once I've bought - I tend to rush demos so like to start again and take my time. Anyway, I created new profile and the video worked but then when she went running into the bedroom I got an error code and had to use TM to exit. This happened twice. I am in the process of uninstalling to try again and hope it works!

ETA: My game is STILL downloading. My downloads don't normally take this long - I hope it's not a bad sign

Edited on 04/01/2012 at 12:13:47 PM PST

burf90
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,289 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Apr 1, 12 12:21 PM
JulieJay wrote:ETA: My game is STILL downloading. My downloads don't normally take this long - I hope it's not a bad sign

Every time I've had one of those loooooooong downloads, the game installed was glitchy. If it were me, I'd stop the download and try again. If it hangs on download again, stop it again and try yet again.

The only time I've had really long download times and no problems with the game installed is when a new MCF game is released. Then the long downloads are just because half the planet is trying to download at the same time...

bfgMonongahela
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 1, 12 1:39 PM
Hi Fishies,

It looks like some of you are still having some technical issues with this game.

For those who are seeing an Access Violation message, here is a link to the Help Article about that issue, which includes some things you can try to fix it:

Access Violation

(Just click on the blue text and you'll be taken right there.)

burf90 has also given some other good things to try like adjusting your antivirus program and running the game in safe mode.

If you're still having trouble, or if you'd just like some help going through some of those suggestions, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to take a look at what's going on and walk you through any troubleshooting steps.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

And if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by sue7350 on Jun 5, 12 3:11 PM
i am getting all messed up

BoiseDon
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by BoiseDon on Aug 3, 12 12:25 PM
Whe will a walkthrough be available ?

[Post New]by Crybaby2k11 on Aug 14, 12 10:30 AM
I collect more than 800 flies and still cant get through to collect the the gear. what can i do?

Go to: