bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

Post any Behind the Reflection 2: Witch's Revenge technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Mar 22, 12 2:06 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Behind the Reflection 2: Witch's Revenge technical issues here only

[Post New]by cruisin_gal on Mar 23, 12 3:28 PM
Still getting Access Violation errors. Install/uninstall/reinstall - still no luck.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Mar 23, 12 4:14 PM
You might try uninstalling the Game Manager, too, then reboot. Once you're up again, disable your AV program, and download a clean copy of the game direct from BFG to reinstall. Don't use a saved download file from the previous version. (The game Manager will automatically reinstall when you redownload the game.) Be sure to turn your AV back on after completing the install.

hopieq
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by hopieq on Mar 23, 12 7:37 PM
Glitch in torture chamber. I get all the items. Click on dummy in chair and the hatchet comes up but you can't do anything with it. Had to alt control delete to exit the game.
Seemed fun until then. Tried exiting and going back in but it happened again.
Very frustrating, I can't finish the game.

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by A1psyko on Mar 24, 12 7:28 AM
Uninstalled, reinstalled per new technical update. Finally could go upstairs, found last two pieces of voodoo doll. Went downstairs, tried to go out, got the error notice again, the game shut down. No purchase for me, if issues can't be fixed from all of the first issues notice, I don't want to try again. Sorry, it looked like a good game.

handyfr
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by handyfr on Mar 24, 12 8:52 AM
The only technical issue I have with the game (which I downloaded on the 23rd (day after new version was posted to BFG site) is after finding all the pieces of the Inquisitor's clothes, instead of them going to the inventory bar...THEY DISAPPEAR! So I can't progress in the game!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Mar 24, 12 1:28 PM
handyfr wrote:The only technical issue I have with the game (which I downloaded on the 23rd (day after new version was posted to BFG site) is after finding all the pieces of the Inquisitor's clothes, instead of them going to the inventory bar...THEY DISAPPEAR! So I can't progress in the game!

This is not an error. Your character puts the clothes on after she finds them. Just go talk to the guard, then click on the jail door. You'll be able to go inside now.

[Post New]by debnusz2005 on Mar 24, 12 11:51 PM
Got the clothes of the inquisitor and they did not put the clothes into my inventory. I tried to talk to the guard and he will still not let you pass. These problems are happening a lot with BFG I have been a loyal member for several years and I am getting upset that after you buy these games you seem to have glitches and I am still waiting for a fix of a problem with a game I bought over a month ago. I am thinking about dropping my membership because BFG cannot get a fix for these problems in a timely fashion.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Mar 25, 12 9:58 AM
debnusz2005 wrote:Got the clothes of the inquisitor and they did not put the clothes into my inventory. I tried to talk to the guard and he will still not let you pass.

The guard doesn't say anything different when you talk to him, but after you do, click on the jail door (next to the guard). It will open and then you can go in.

usaflno
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by usaflno on Mar 27, 12 9:02 AM
My issue is the cloth does not wipe away the cobwebs on the table so I can get part of the key. I uninstalled and reinstalled again today and can't get any further.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Mar 27, 12 11:01 AM
Access violation.(0x009iescf).after the upgrade. Didn't have a problem before and now I get a thud,,,a black bar across the windows screen and the sound of the game..I guess a fan whipping along.
I uninstalled and reinstalled and no change.
Contacted the Chat help "keith" and awaiting his directions via email......................
oh grrrrrrrrrrrr
kris

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Mar 27, 12 12:45 PM
usaflno wrote:My issue is the cloth does not wipe away the cobwebs on the table so I can get part of the key. I uninstalled and reinstalled again today and can't get any further.

You have to keep clicking the cloth over and over and over to get the table clean. One or two clicks doesn't do it, more like ten or twelve.

Moon38
Clownfish
Clownfish
533 Posts

[Post New]by Moon38 on Mar 28, 12 10:29 AM
Im in the scene with the hanging woman. Ive done the HOG and all that. Ive gotten all the clothes but I can't get back into the scene below that. My cursor never changes from a hand into an arrow

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Mar 28, 12 11:45 AM
Try just closing the game and then starting it again. Sometimes that helps free up a stubborn scene change or puzzle. I did notice that I often had to leave the cursor on the bottom near the inventory for 10 or 15 seconds before I'd get a back arrow. And sometimes it seems I had to move it around that area before I'd get the arrow. That's the only glitch I encountered with the game, but it was annoying.

[Post New]by SHORTYWORMAN33 on Mar 30, 12 7:51 PM
my issue was when i got to bird nest..tried everything ..tried feeding bird and worm diaapearred..what are u suppose to do at bird nest..feed them?

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Mar 30, 12 9:23 PM
My memory is getting fuzzy on this game, but I think you had to collect all sorts of things to feed the birds. Bugs, worms, spiders, seeds, fruit, etc. Once you collect everything and the babies are fed they lie down and reveal something you'll need in the nest. Maybe you clicked it already and the item is already in your inventory? I wish I could tell you what the item was, but I just don't remember. Sorry.

Mouse issues

[Post New]by gladysschmuck on Mar 31, 12 8:24 AM
After playing the game about an hour my mouse began misbehaving. It doesn't move, moves slowly, or moves too far the majority of the time. I notice no one else mentioned this problem. I know it's not my mouse because it works just fine except in this game. Does the update fix the problem? If not I probably won't play the rest of the game. Too frustrating.

tazdaffy
Narwhal
Narwhal
30,066 Posts

[Post New]by tazdaffy on Apr 1, 12 10:57 AM
Chapter 6 The Witches Cell:

No matter how many times I click on them, I can not pick up off the pillar what looks like wood chop sticks. I have uninstalled/reinstalled & nothing works.

HELP

Edited on 04/01/2012 at 10:58:03 AM PST

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Apr 1, 12 12:14 PM
tazdaffy wrote:Chapter 6 The Witches Cell:

No matter how many times I click on them, I can not pick up off the pillar what looks like wood chop sticks. I have uninstalled/reinstalled & nothing works.

HELP

Sounds like a glitch, but sometimes you can do a work around for things like that. Have you tried changing to the system cursor (or if you're already using it, vice versa)? You might also try clicking the needed item group to close it and then try to pick them up. The item list will open when you hover any needed item over it. Or, try leaving the scene, doing whatever else you can in the area, if anything, then go back and try to pick them up again. Closing the game and rebooting your PC then trying again sometimes works, too. Good luck.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Apr 4, 12 12:16 AM
Ok this is weird... I'm at the part where you look for the key parts in the mansion... left the mansion and now I'm stuck outside. I click hint and it shows a part of the screen that is just ground... clicking there does nothing. And I am unable to reenter the mansion or leave that screen in any direction. I tried exciting the game and reentering (twice actually) with no improvement.

Anyone else experience this? Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Go to: