Re-playing Jigsaws?

[Post New]by bateman_48 on Mar 23, 12 3:48 PM
I've finished all the jigsaws that are pre-installed. There are some that i would like to play again but i don't know how to do this. Can anyone help?

Re:Re-playing Jigsaws?

[Post New]by Jigsaws_Galore on Mar 24, 12 8:48 AM
To start a jigsaw over, return to the opening screen, right-click the jigsaw and select "Start over".

Please see my post in the thread No way to change number of pieces? for helpful notes about starting over and changing the number of pieces.

~ David

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Mar 24, 12 9:51 AM
How lovely to see a developer still popping in months after his game has been launched .

I personally think Jigsaws Galore is THE best jigsaw game of them all and I it, particularly the novel shaped pieces and the fact that you can have as few or as many of them as you want.

Thank you for a wonderful game David, it has already given me hours and hours of pleasure and relaxation and I hope it continues to do so for a long time to come ... I have made a note of where I can buy extra jigsaw packs from and there are such a lot that I would like to do that I am spoilt for choice and don't know which to get first.

pp p
pp
p
p

pp

p pp ppp
p
pp
pp p

Just in case you don't like beer here is some chocolate

▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇

May either, or both, help sustain you in your work so that you keep producing more puzzles.

Cherb

[Post New]by Jigsaws_Galore on Mar 26, 12 7:09 AM
Thank you cherbtoo, you are took kind! I enjoyed my beer and chocolate. ~ David

ppppppppppp ppppppp
ppppppp ppppppp
ppppppp ppppppppp
ppppppp ppp
pppppppp
ppp ppppp
p pppppp

p pppppp
pp pppp
pppppppp
ppppppp
ppppppp
pppppp pppppp pppppp
ppppp pppppppp ppppppppp
ppppppppppppppp
pppppppppppppppp
pppppppppppppppppp

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Mar 26, 12 10:08 AM
WOW ... that is fantastic David.

This is now grinning from

Ear Ear

Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to do it for me, I am truly honoured .

Cherb

[Post New]by Jigsaws_Galore on Mar 26, 12 1:00 PM
Well you made me spend way too much time figuring out how you did your pictures. And guess what, you just made me spend another 20 minutes figuring out how on earth you got your avatar into your message! This little would kindly ask you to stop complimenting me so interestingly!! I'm not getting any work done!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Mar 26, 12 3:58 PM
ROFLOL

I must admit you were exceedingly fast picking the art up so you definitely go to the top of the class and get 10/10 and a gold .

Hmm ... now let's see if I can persuade the little

pp ppp
pip pi pp pp pi
p pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp o pp
p ppp i pp o pp
pp pp pp pp o pp
pp 0 pp p pp p o pi
pp ppp pp ppp o pip
pp pp pp pp pp pp ppp o p p p
pp pp pp p pp pp pp pi o p pp
pp pp pp p pp pp pp pi o pp p
pp pp pp pp pp pp pip o pp p p
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp o pp p
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp o ppp
pp pp p pp pp pi
pp pi i pi ppp pp
pp p p pp pp pp pp
pp pp p pp
pp pp p pp pp pp pp pip
pp pp pp p i i i

to make one more post and turn into a ...
I think the colour will look most becoming on you .

Mind you if you aren't quick you might have to wait until tomorrow to see that picture because it is midnight here and I have to get up early.

[Post New]by Jigsaws_Galore on Mar 27, 12 9:24 AM
Thank you, very nice! But it looks way too difficult to figure out. Can I cheat and turn into a like this...?

(In Firefox or Chrome, drag the bottom-right corner downwards to see it all)

~ David ▇ ▃ (Beer and milk chocolate)

Edited on 03/28/2012 at 3:05:17 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Mar 27, 12 2:26 PM
You actually did it

CONGRATULATIONS JIGSAWS_GALORE

C CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC C
CC CC CC CC CC CC C
CC C CC CC C
CIC CC C
CC CC CC
CC CC CC
CC CC
CC
C
CC CC CC
CIC CC CIC C CC CC
CC CC CC CC CC C CC CC
CC CC CC CC CIC CC CC CC CC
CC CC CC CC C

Yours is excellent David but I think that mine is the prettiest colour .

Being totally computer illiterate, are those just random numbers and letters or are they an actual code and how on earth have you managed to keep them in position without using spacing letters and hiding them like I do .

While we are chatting please can I ask if you are making any new novelty shapes for future jigsaws?

[Post New]by Jigsaws_Galore on Mar 28, 12 2:53 AM
cherbtoo wrote:Yours is excellent David but I think that mine is the prettiest colour .
I agree your is prettier! I suppose I could have done it in green like this:But still not as nice as yours.

I just realized a cool way to see somebody's secret methods! If you press "Quote button on my messages you'll see what I did.

Ok, major geekiness warning...

On the jigsaw piece picture I copied what you did but used a color of f5faff to completely hide the letters, you used white (ffffff) which didn't quite match the light blue background. I discovered the f5faff code by using an ink dropper to sample the pale blue, using a paint program.

If you search for Ascii Art on g00g1e and go to the one which has a glass giant in its name you see how I made the two pictures. On the jigsaw piece I replaced all the funny characters with smilies, and p's for spaces, just like you did, and on the starfish I left the funny characters the way they were. I noticed bbcode was mentioned in the bigfish forum help and discovered it supported a code tag, which uses a monospace font, and then found a secret "code=text" variation which is what I used. I notice that Safari doesn't seem to honor the monospace font so apologies to any Mac users, the starfish comes out all floppy. Also, only firefox and chrome seem to let you pull the box bigger. Also, I have no idea what happened to my chocolate, I copied yours and it worked in the preview but not the final post.

cherbtoo wrote:While we are chatting please can I ask if you are making any new novelty shapes for future jigsaws?

I only just made 31 new ones for this new game! It's tricky to find shapes that work well as they need to be fairly compact and squarish with four "corners". Otherwise bits can overlap neighboring pieces and also get distorted when forced to a square. Were you thinking of adding all the bigfish avatars as piece shapes by any chance?? Your starfish would certainly work nicely as a jigsaw piece.

~ David

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Mar 28, 12 9:18 AM
David, I am even more impressed by your puzzle piece now that I know that you didn't realise that it was possible to use Quote and see the method I had used. It just shows how clever geeks are .

As for the code that you used f5faff I have never come across that one because we go by the colour palette just above the posting area and the palest blue there has a code of ceffff and, as you can see, it doesn't hide it at all. I am also very impressed by how you got the exact match and have made a note of the code for future use . I might even try a few experiments on mixing up the codes that are in the colour palette above and see what new colours I can make .

Your starfish looks much better in green , I think you should post it in the new stickie thread at the top of Chit-Chat Corner called Felix the Fish Art Museum but it is a shame that the Mac users will only see a floppy version though .

As for the novelty pieces, I would hate you to think that I wasn't satisfied with all the ones you have done so far because they are really ingenious and I really love them. You are however right about me wondering if some of the BFG avatars would be possible ... sadly I honestly don't think that they all would though and I doubt that the head only ones would be recognisable but some would be very good for your next creation .

Have a chocolate chip cookie while you are waiting

pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp
pp pp
pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Post New]by Jigsaws_Galore on Mar 29, 12 5:13 AM
Yumm, thank you for my cookies! They were delicious.

You're right, I wish I had realized about the "Quote" button trick sooner. Since you appear to be drawing these pictures by hand I compliment you on your artistry.

Use a hex calculator to find the color codes. Each pair of characters is the red, green and blue value from 0 to 255 but written in hexadecimal which is 0 to ff. So, for example, f5faff is 245 red, 250 green and 255 blue (search for rgb to hex if your calculator won't do it). That code makes this text here HOORAY FOR BIGFISH!! completely disappear.

mmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmm mm
mmmmmmmmm mmm mmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmm mm
mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm mmmmm
mmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmm
mmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmm mmm
mmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmm mmmm
mmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmm mmm
mmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmm mmm
mmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmm mmm
mmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmm mmmm
mmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm m mmm
mmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmm
mmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
m m mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
m mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
m mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmm mmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmm mm

Edited on 03/29/2012 at 6:03:20 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Mar 29, 12 11:55 AM
Thank you very much for your compliment .

I the kitten almost as much as the jigsaw piece it resembles, thank you for taking the time to do it ...

did I ever mention I'm a person? .

Only teasing because I actually all animals.

I did go and look at the Ascii Art on glass giant and found it very interesting that you could take a complete photograph and have it turned into a text picture as I wouldn't have thought that was possible ... some little old ladies are very ignorant/uninformed even though their first computer was an Amstrad as they tend to mainly do jigsaws and play games .

As I don't have a hex calculator ( whatever one of those is ) I will just have a play around with the codes and see if I can make some interesting now ones, alas a quick go hasn't produced a new shade yet but there is always tomorrow.

How about a different shaped fish for your jigsaws, a pigfish

pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp /
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp p
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp p pp i i pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp p
pp pp pp pp pp p p pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp p pp pp pp pp pp pp ƔƔ
pp pp pp pp p pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp p pp pp pp p ƔƔƔ a
pp pp ppp pp p pp pp p pp pp pp ppp pp p ƔƔƔƔ b
p pp ppp pp p pp pp pp pp pr ƔƔƔƔƔ c
0 ) pp pp pp pp pp pip pp pp pp pp prp ƔƔƔƔƔƔ d
====== pp p pp pp pp ppp pp pp pp pp pp pr ƔƔƔƔƔ e
pp p pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp p pp p ƔƔƔƔ f
pp pp pp pp p pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp ppp ƔƔƔ g
pp pp pp pp ppp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp p ƔƔ
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp p pp i i pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pr
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp ppp
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pi \
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

kollerkat
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by kollerkat on Apr 18, 12 7:19 AM
Thanks for the info on how to restart a completed puzzle. I found out also how to create my own puzzles, but most of all, THANK YOU for this wonderful game.. My cat refuses to let me do a puzzle on the table. I still love my cat.

[Post New]by Jigsaws_Galore on Apr 18, 12 9:15 AM
Thank you so much for your kind comments.

I my two cats too. The older one is snoozing in her armchair just under the window and the naughty young one is just reaching up and tapping me on the elbow as I'm typing this. Sometimes it's hard to get my work done when she is so naughty and cute but I love her anyway.

~ David

[Post New]by meb1946 on May 14, 12 9:46 AM
Now that I've finished all of the puzzles, how can I restart the game? How can I sign on as a new player? Do I have to go puzzle-by-puzzle and "start over"?

[Post New]by Jigsaws_Galore on May 15, 12 7:28 AM
meb1946 wrote:Now that I've finished all of the puzzles, how can I restart the game? How can I sign on as a new player? Do I have to go puzzle-by-puzzle and "start over"?

Hi meb1946

To restart a single jigsaw, return to the main opening screen, right-click the jigsaw thumbnail and select "Start over".

If you have many jigsaws you'd like to restart, you can drag a rubber band around several jigsaw thumbnails at once, then right-click one of them and select "Start over". In a folder, you can also select a jigsaw, then scroll down and shift-click another to select all the ones in between. There is no "feature" to restart all the jigsaws at once, but the method described above is very quick.

If you really want to reset your game to factory conditions, you could delete the game's data folder. Please don't do this unless you know exactly what you are doing because you will be in a shared library folder, shared by all your other apps. If you delete or move the wrong thing, you could cause mayhem. To do this, make sure you quit the game first. You will find the game's data folder as follows:

To open the game's jigsaw folder:
Open the Finder in your home folder and look for the folder icon there called Library and open it. [If you are running Lion, Apple decided to hide this folder. Select Go on the Finder menu bar and select the Library item which magically appears when you hold down the Alt (option) key.] Now open the Application Support Folder. Open the folder called Jigsaws Galore. The jigsaws are in the folder called Jigsaws.

To reset the game to factory conditions, quit the game (important) then delete the folder called Jigsaws Galore. You will lose your preferences, all your progress plus any jigsaws you have created yourself.

To keep your preferences but restart all the jigsaws, just delete the Jigsaws folder. You will also lose any jigsaws you have created yourself. You will also now need to start the game and select the Tools/Re-install jigsaws menu to get the supplied jigsaws back.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

~ David

[Post New]by Johaas on May 31, 12 5:00 PM
No cute little pictures here, just want to say I love the game and the photo sets and have replayed some of my favorites several times. Hats off to you David for programming such an amazing jigsaw game.

[Post New]by Jigsaws_Galore on Jun 5, 12 7:00 AM
Thanks Johaas, I'm pleased you like the puzzles and I hope you continue to enjoy them for a long time to come.

~ David

Go to: