exorcists cross

[Post New]by harrielise on Mar 23, 12 5:57 PM
Were do I put the exorcists cross in Chapter 5?

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

Re:exorcists cross

[Post New]by burf90 on Mar 23, 12 6:00 PM
Go to the torture room and click it on the sleeping (I think) exorcist. He's in a chair to the right.

[Post New]by teenies on Mar 23, 12 8:06 PM
I put the cross on the man on the right and it still didn't do anything, so what now

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Mar 23, 12 9:08 PM
I apologize to both of you. I was mistaken. You click the cross on the guard, then go to the torture chamber and click the sleeping guy.

Edited on 03/23/2012 at 9:10:02 PM PST

[Post New]by tollpost on Apr 3, 12 11:07 AM
I tried to click the cross on the guard and on the sleeping guy afterwards,but nothing happens

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Apr 3, 12 4:45 PM
The cross should disappear after you click the guard. Did you try talking to to the guard after you clicked the cross on him? I think he has to tell you he's waiting for the exorcist, before you can get anything to happen when you click on the sleeping man.

Welcome to the pond, BTW!

Edited on 04/03/2012 at 4:46:08 PM PST

[Post New]by tollpost on Apr 13, 12 12:00 AM
I have done everything you have said,but nothing happens and the cross is stll here

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Apr 13, 12 2:46 PM
Tollpost, I just replayed that scene and I talked to the guard (the man wearing a red hood and holding an axe). He said he needs the exorcist's cross. I took it from my inventory and clicked it on him - right in the middle - and it disappeared. I clicked on him again and he said he'd hold the cross until the inquisitor arrives.

Then I went back to the torture room, near the stocks that held the innocent woman, and clicked on the inquisitor (sitting across from the skeleton, on the right side). Then the item screen opened up so I could begin collecting items for the inquisitor's robes.

The cross is sitting in your inventory, right? If you have the cross in your inventory and have done all the above and the guard still won't take it, then you either have a glitch in the game or there is something else you have not completed in the game, but I sure can't figure out what. You pretty much have to do everything available in order to get the cross in the first place.

Did you have any problem with downloading or installing the game? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

[Post New]by tollpost on Apr 14, 12 3:54 PM
Thank you for a fast reply.I will try to reinstall the game and see if that works.

I found an update for the game.I uninstalled the old game via the control panel,Pograms and features and downloaded and installed the update.I thought that I had to play the game from the beguinning,but in my case I could give the cross to the guard and continue the game from there.What a surprise!

The link is here

http://www.downturk.net/1228814-behind-the-reflection-2-witchs-revenge-bfg-bugfix-final.html.
Hope it works for you
So far,.so good
Cheers!

Edited on 04/14/2012 at 5:43:43 PM PST

[Post New]by tollpost on Apr 14, 12 5:42 PM
I found an update for the game.I uninstalled the old game via the control panel,Pograms and features and downloaded and installed the update.I thought that I had to play the game from the beguinning,but in my case I could give the cross to the guard and continue the game from there.What a surprise!

The link is here

http://www.downturk.net/1228814-behind-the-reflection-2-witchs-revenge-bfg-bugfix-final.html.
Hope it works for you
So far,.so good
Cheers!

[Post New]by tollpost on Apr 14, 12 5:46 PM
Sorry for the double posting

Tu burf90.Im curious.How can you replay?

Edited on 04/14/2012 at 5:48:30 PM PST

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Apr 15, 12 8:08 PM
tollpost wrote:Sorry for the double posting

Tu burf90.Im curious.How can you replay?

I learned ago to save myself grief when I play a game that people seem to be finding glitchy. I hunt down the save game folder and make a back-up copy periodically as I play. So, all I have to do is go into that folder and replace the current saved game (which I also back-up) with one of my back-ups, if I need to backtrack. And in this game, so many people were having trouble in Salem, that I made lots of back-ups in that area.

The back-ups can sometimes save me from having to start over if a new release comes out that forces you to start from the beginning. If I restore a game from before the glitchy area in the new release, I usually don't encounter the glitch, even though I was "supposed" to start fresh.

I've already completed this game, so now I'm just using the back-ups to refresh my memory so I can help someone who's stuck.

[Post New]by tollpost on Apr 15, 12 9:58 PM
Thank you for your help.I have now finished the game.I found it amusing and different from other hogs I have played

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Apr 16, 12 12:50 PM
You"re welcome. Happy gaming!

[Post New]by kjbright on Nov 21, 12 6:38 AM
I had the same issue. It worked when I clicked on the gate to the right of the guard instead.

Re:exorcists cross I found that by clicking the exorcist cross on the prison door works

[Post New]by mompop21 on Dec 16, 12 4:43 PM
tollpost wrote:Thank you for a fast reply.I will try to reinstall the game and see if that works.

The link is here

Hope it works for you
So far,.so good
Cheers!

Go to: