Any comments?

Edited on 03/24/2012 at 12:01:34 AM PST

tbcoe
Marlin
Marlin
9,599 Posts

Re:DD March 24, 2012

[Post New]by tbcoe on Mar 24, 12 1:01 AM
It's a very simple hog game that I enjoyed the trial very much. I had to exit out so I could buy it before the trial ended. Kind of old style graphics but very enjoyable.

vezzettj
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by vezzettj on Mar 24, 12 2:15 AM
What tbcoe said... easy (straight) HOG with Lists and Find many of the same type of object, alternating. Very minor inventory use (items you find in the scene are used in that same scene to create / reveal another item on your list) and pretty easy puzzles so far. H0 scenes are repeated but you are looking for different items (so far).

Nothing special about the story so far but it is also NOT a crashed car, rescue someone, spooky story so if you need something easy and light this might work for you. There is a Journal that keeps track of the story as you go.

On the short side but that is just because it is so easy. I completed 2/7 chapters in 30 minutes with no trouble. Choose Timed or Untimed when you start the game.

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on Mar 24, 12 2:54 AM
I,ve played more difficult games but I am still finding the story interesting enough to find out the conclusion. Interesting way to kill an hour or two.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Mar 24, 12 5:35 AM
This is what I had to say when i bought it at full price:

"Simple, fairly easy, good graphics, interesting twist with
the farm store and enough of a story to keep you going.

Is is RTR or Puppetshow? Of course not, but for pleasant
relaxation, a good buy for me. And I look forward to replay.

At least, give the demo a try."

Haven't changed my opinion and I did enjoy replaying when
I just needed a break after one of my 7 hour intense HOPA
sessions.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Mar 24, 12 5:35 AM
It's one of those overlooked, little known sleepers. Mysterious crop circles appear on your farm which has been destroyed in the process. You decide to investigate while rebuilding the farm.

Some small items, nice story. Especially liked the fixing up part through the farmer's market. The game is s steal for 3 bucks.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Mar 24, 12 9:44 AM
An easy HOG and not a game I would buy. It has an interesting storyline and for someone first starting out in the hidden object games it would be a good one to start with.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Mar 24, 12 11:36 AM
This one is a "no buy" for me. In the Hidden Object searches, I had to click repeatedly on objects I was selecting before they would disappear and the list would acknowledge that they had been found. A few times, I figured I must be clicking on the wrong object since nothing happened when I clicked on it. Once or twice, I even used a hint, only to find that the objects I had clicked on repeatedly were, indeed, the correct ones. This made the game more frustrating than fun for me.

For those who are not experiencing this problem and like it, happy gaming!

Classicaljazz

[Post New]by pamelaann417 on Mar 24, 12 11:36 AM
I played the trail hour and then decided to buy the game. IWhen I went to purchase it wanted to charge the full price! How can you buy a daily deal if you are not a new member? I've bought several other games. Do you have to be a new member to buy a daily deal?

Spookys_Mom
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Spookys_Mom on Mar 24, 12 12:59 PM
This is a easy, fun game with good graphics. I like the story line. It reminds me of Gardenscapes with the farmers market and then fixing the farm (you do not get to make any choices though). But be forewarned this is a short game. I am not that fast and I did all the mini games and I still finished the game in about 3 hours including the trial.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Mar 24, 12 1:44 PM
pamelaann417 wrote:I played the trail hour and then decided to buy the game. IWhen I went to purchase it wanted to charge the full price! How can you buy a daily deal if you are not a new member? I've bought several other games. Do you have to be a new member to buy a daily deal?

Hi - were you signed in when you applied to buy the game? I'm just wondering as I've done that before. If you were signed in and it still insists on full price then make contact with Customer Support as the DD is not just for new members.

[Post New]by pamelaann417 on Mar 24, 12 1:49 PM
thanks julie, I'll try that.

[Post New]by IBMe44 on Mar 24, 12 2:45 PM
Enjoyed it until it froze in the shop, finished all of the list except "glass shards" you're suposed to clean up with broom and dust pan tn the inventory, but I drag them to the light sprinkles & pop-up that says 'clean them up' and the tools jump back into the inventory, screen is frozen & hint won't activate, so my game is dead. Any ideas, I am anxious to get back and finish this HOG, I'm bout 70 and confined to bed and TY all day is getting old, these games keep my mind working [a big +++].

Edited on 03/24/2012 at 10:56:34 PM PST

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Mar 24, 12 2:56 PM
Great game playing two characters. The Mr is on the farm, collecting and selling produce and also fixing the farm up. Mixture of hidden object where you either collect a list of items or a number of the same objects. You can choose to use a hint if stuck or click on the object name to get a shadow. There is an element of time management when it comes to selling the produce. The Mrs is off investigating and again the HO's are collecting by list or number. Puzzles are thrown in which are fun.

Graphics are clear. Music is ok. No voiceover.

I am certainly having fun with this one and have played in excess of 3 hours so far.

No scary bits so maybe that's why so many are recommending it for the kids? LOL - I must just be a big kid at heart and there's nowt wrong with that!

[Post New]by pamelaann417 on Mar 24, 12 4:33 PM
Still having problems (julie, you still here?) Do I have to check the box thaat says "Reactivate Big Fish Game Club – Includes 1 Game Club credit!" for $6.99 to buy the game for $2.99? And if I buy the reactivate option is it good to buy other daily deals in the future? Help!!!

chicdrake
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by chicdrake on Mar 24, 12 5:02 PM
Hello pamelaann417 and welcome. I do believe that you have to have an active game club membership to purchase the daily deal at the daily deal price. Hope this helps.

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Mar 24, 12 6:08 PM
pamelaann417 wrote:Still having problems (julie, you still here?) Do I have to check the box thaat says "Reactivate Big Fish Game Club – Includes 1 Game Club credit!" for $6.99 to buy the game for $2.99? And if I buy the reactivate option is it good to buy other daily deals in the future? Help!!!

Chicdrake is right - you have to be a member to get that price.

To answer the bit that I have bolded - your membership will last one month from the day you rejoin, during which time you will be able to buy any of the DDs at that reduced price.

Since it says reactivate game club rather than offering a free trial (which you only get if you've never been a member yet), you will get a game club credit for your $6.99 and that can be spent on any standard game. (If you ever have 2 you can use them to buy a CE).

After one month, another monthly fee will then automatically be taken out of your bank account unless you cancel before that month is up. If you let the next fee get taken that will be another month's entitlement to DD prices and another game club credit to be spent on any standard game.

After joining, to see when your next fee would be due - see the 'My account' tab above.

If you want to cancel your membership at any time you can do that under 'My account' tab too.

Btw while you are a member you could earn punch card credits if you buy as many as 6 games in one calendar month (that's exact month March, April etc. not one membership month) BUT to qualify for your freebie, you have to still be a game club member when you buy the 6th game.

[Post New]by pamelaann417 on Mar 25, 12 7:58 AM
Thanks Daisy May and chicdrake, you were both very helpful in answering my questions. It makes sense now, It's good to have some knowledable advise when you need it. Thanks again!

Go to: