bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Ghost Encounters: Deadwood technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Mar 24, 12 1:00 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

Re:Post any Ghost Encounters: Deadwood technical issues here only

[Post New]by bratzgram on Mar 24, 12 6:40 AM
I hate to be the only one to post here but I have one problem with this game I can't get any volume! I have my laptop and the game turned up as far as I can and have nothing!
Since I am in the middle of playing Small Town Terrors I checked that to see if it was my laptop causing the problem but the volume is fine when playing that.
Reviews say that the voice overs are very well done and I sure would like to hear them

Any suggestions?

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Mar 24, 12 6:42 AM
this game only plays very smal in the center of my screen (HP 23" all-in-one with Windows 7). too bad, because it looked like it would be a fun game to play. graphics were really crisp and clear, and I liked the voice-overs, BUT - since I won't mess around with my normal screen settings, this is a NO BUY for me.

[Post New]by suitecat on Mar 24, 12 8:38 AM
I was in the middle of assembling the chess board after finding both missing chess pieces when my free trial ran out. I bought the game and now one of the chess pieces is missing again. But I can't get to the clock or the wagon where the chess pieces were because I've already been there to get the chess pieces! Does that mean I have to start over?

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Mar 24, 12 9:01 AM
I'm with Bratzgram, I have absolutely no sound and it's creeping me out. It also told me that my screen resolution was too small and I wouldn't get the whole picture on my screen. Guess that means I wouldn't be able to find any HOs on the edges.

Tried it again today and now I have sound.

Edited on 03/25/2012 at 4:26:40 AM PST

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Mar 24, 12 9:31 AM
suitecat - The same thing happened to me after purchase. I uninstalled and down loaded but it didn't fix anything. I just started under a new name and was surprised how quickly I got back to the chess game..

Wendy I got the same screen warning but have not had a problem yet... good luck.

[Post New]by bwass5 on Mar 24, 12 10:05 AM
First it tells me my screen resolution is wrong and when I fixed that it said my desktop settings were wrong. Does anyone know the correct settings for either of these? I've tried but my quesses aren't working!

seeme278
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by seeme278 on Mar 24, 12 1:59 PM
Played almost the whole game and froze at the very end. Appeared to happen because I exercised the option to "continue" through the voice over. Can't pick the rose up off of the altar, can't leave the room to visit the graves. I hate that. Going in for a refund. -- NEVERMIND -- I'll leave this post in case others experience the same problem. I solved it by exiting to Windows (using the four flags logo next to ALT). When I returned to the game using the task bar, I was able to get to the menu. After exiting the game and returning, I was able to continue.

Edited on 03/24/2012 at 2:03:52 PM PST

maumeegirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by maumeegirl on Mar 24, 12 2:06 PM
Suitecat and Cyndo - same thing happened to me. Guess this means I have to start over too!

[Post New]by Lsteven on Mar 24, 12 2:20 PM
Hint button does not work on hidden object scenes even when fully charged. A magnifying glass appears.

[Post New]by skibado on Mar 24, 12 3:42 PM
I think there is a glitch in the game, the last bone on the altar!! disappear, bird dropped it, BlackJack showed up and there is no getting to the altar while he is there. No last bone, no proceeding further. Frustrating.

mer92830
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by mer92830 on Mar 24, 12 6:26 PM
I also think there is a glitch in the game. I am at the same spot! I can't get the last bone which was dropped by the vulture because BlackJack is there.

crabbycat
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by crabbycat on Mar 24, 12 7:01 PM
No problems loading this game, but when it started, the tool bar (?) from my main screen was showing on the bottom of the page. It caused me to not be able to view many of the items on the HO scenes. I wasn't terribly impressed with this game, but will probably give it another go to see if this issue resolves.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Mar 24, 12 7:20 PM
Once thru the first gate my inventory bar at the bottom disappeared. I tried clicking on the bottom of screen but the down arrow sends me back one scene.

How do you access the inventory box??

Pixielate
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Pixielate on Mar 24, 12 7:27 PM
O what a shame...this game was actually amusing, but it's just a small square on a big screen. What they call 'Full Screen' is more like 1/4 screen, right in the middle. If that can be fixed, I'd love to try it again.

annita33
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,725 Posts

[Post New]by annita33 on Mar 24, 12 9:28 PM
Just like seeme278 after the buzzard or whatever bird that was drops the rose the game froze I had to exit and then go back in to finish.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Mar 24, 12 9:44 PM
no voice over either eerie silent ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh silence is golden I guess thats the only problem I have so far but scared to buy after reading some of problems some are having with latter scenes oh well if I lose something I'll just request my money back nice game but wish hint button worked outside of HO'S

Ammygo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Ammygo on Mar 24, 12 10:21 PM
anyone know wat the screen resolution is for this game?

krinneyd
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by krinneyd on Mar 24, 12 10:23 PM
skibado wrote:I think there is a glitch in the game, the last bone on the altar!! disappear, bird dropped it, BlackJack showed up and there is no getting to the altar while he is there. No last bone, no proceeding further. Frustrating.

I am having the same problem and posted on another forum but no response...was really liking this game until this glitch turned up...HELP??? anyone????

graytori
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by graytori on Mar 25, 12 7:11 AM
I can't proceed as when I clicked on vulture to get last bone, vulture left and took bone with him. Don't know how to get last bone to continue. Also in HO scenes when I pressed on hint, for help, it would not help me . It is fully charged. So haven't been able to use hint button. I love this game but cannot continue without bone.

Go to: