deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

Unable to Get Last Bone in Tomb - Stuck!

[Post New]by deejae101 on Mar 24, 12 2:09 PM
I have all the bones except the one in the tomb. When I went to take the tomb bone, I saw it fall to the ground, but at the same time BlackJack rose up and now I can't get to the tomb to put the candle there, and the bone that I saw fall to the ground is not there to take, nor did it go into my inventory. Is this a glitch?

Edited on 03/24/2012 at 2:45:24 PM PST

Re:Unable to Get Last Bone in Tomb - Stuck!

[Post New]by ein159r on Mar 24, 12 2:49 PM
I've got the same problem

cpatten1
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by cpatten1 on Mar 24, 12 2:51 PM
I wish someone would answer you, because that is just where I am. I have a sheriff's star, whiskey, hat, curse, lockpick and lit torch. There are no more ravens to be found and I can't get any further without that last darn bone.

[Post New]by ein159r on Mar 24, 12 3:07 PM
You can use the lockpick to get Billy out of the cage

anarchyent
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by anarchyent on Mar 24, 12 3:23 PM
Thanks ein159r. Yes, use the LOCKPICK to free Billy. That will move things along!

Hope that helps!

Developer of Ghost Encounters: Deadwood

Edited on 03/24/2012 at 4:27:29 PM PST

[Post New]by ein159r on Mar 24, 12 3:36 PM
what do I need to cut the cage down and where do I find it? Where is the missing emblem for Blackjack's chest?

anarchyent
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by anarchyent on Mar 24, 12 3:42 PM
ein159r wrote:what do I need to cut the cage down and where do I find it? Where is the missing emblem for Blackjack's chest?

ein159r - The answer to both questions is to find all 6 of the missing bones and place them in the coffin. Once you do that you will get access to the 2 items you are seeking.

Thanks for playing,

Developer of Ghost Encounters: Deadwood

Edited on 03/24/2012 at 4:27:16 PM PST

fnoske
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by fnoske on Mar 24, 12 4:09 PM
Can't find the last bone
Have already gotten Billy out of the cage
I have been looking for the last bone near the altar and it isn't there
Only the last foot is missing

mer92830
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by mer92830 on Mar 24, 12 6:20 PM
I also can't get the last bone. When I went to pick it up it wasn't there. Now the ghost is there. Is this a bug or do I need to play the whole game over and get that bone before I do the rest of them?

unanymous
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by unanymous on Mar 24, 12 7:39 PM
I noticed that the developers are reading and addressing our comments, so I hope they address the glitch that is happening with collecting the 6th bone from the vulture in the un derground crypt. I, too, clicked on him and when I went to catch the falling bone, it disappeared as Blackjack appeared. After 10 minutes of trying everything I could think of, including backtracking and re-entering, I finally resorted to looking at the walkthrough. Wouldn't you know it: you are supposed to be able to catch the bone after the vulture drops it. Obviously, this is a glitch since the bone disappears when Blackbeard appears, so I hope the developers fix this, as it's disappointing to play all the way through a really great game with an interesting story, great HOs and puzzles, only to be stumped by the biggest puzzle of all--not being able to finish!

graytori
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by graytori on Mar 25, 12 7:18 AM
I too cannot get last bone, when I clicked on vulture in Blackjacks tomb, the vulture flew away and cannot find bone. I guess he flew the coop with my last bone. I am almost done with this game and this happens. I love this game too. Hopefully someone will address the problem. I don't want to start all over again.

toolekid
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Unable to Get Last Bone in Tomb - Stuck!

[Post New]by toolekid on Mar 25, 12 7:34 AM
deejae101 wrote:I have all the bones except the one in the tomb. When I went to take the tomb bone, I saw it fall to the ground, but at the same time BlackJack rose up and now I can't get to the tomb to put the candle there, and the bone that I saw fall to the ground is not there to take, nor did it go into my inventory. Is this a glitch?

I am experiencing this problem as well.

[Post New]by TexasPebbles on Mar 25, 12 8:08 PM
I am also stuck here. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game but still can't get the last bone. Very sad to use the money to buy a game that has this glitch and makes it unable to finish

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Mar 26, 12 7:49 AM
Sorry you are having trouble.

I would first suggest to make sure your video card drivers are up to date. Also update Flash, DirectX and Quicktime.

ETA- Also update Shockwave.

This is something I do every month and it is the best deterrent for game issues. Most manufacturers like NVidia and Radeon will advise you of updates for your card once you sign up with them.

If this doesn't help, you should definitely contact tech support. They are great as discovering the problem and will help you get playing again.

I hope this helps!

Game on!

PrplDva

Edited on 03/26/2012 at 10:45:33 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 26, 12 10:28 AM
Sorry but how is this issue with not being able to collect the final bone anything to do with my video card drivers, Direct X or Quicktime (which I don't even have)?? I can't see any logical connection. The issue is a glitch in the game and yet again I have bought a game that I can't finish because of a technical problem (Natural Threat being the other one).

And as someone pointed out in the tech issues thread, being told to restart under a new profile is not a sufficient answer. After several hours spent on a game, I do not want to start it over again, especially having almost got to the end

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Mar 26, 12 10:58 AM
I know it is frustrating, but believe it or not, it makes quite a big difference. Check out the help pages suggested by the first post in the tech thread.

Game designers build their games using the latest builds of these different software programs and drivers.

Because I take the time to perform maintenance updates on my computer, I can count on one hand the number of games I have had trouble with here in the past 5 years. I had no trouble with this game whatsoever.

Since you are continually having trouble with games, you really should check with tech support. They really can help you.

You would not need to start a new profile after doing these updates, your old information should not be affected.

I hope this helps.

[Post New]by Taxidude on Mar 27, 12 11:33 AM
I have the same problem as the rest of you. Have updated all drivers, uninstalled & reinstalled and still nothing. This is the second time in a month this has happened with one of Big Fish's games. Scruffs:The Return of the Duke had the same problem with the silver polish. Took them about two weeks to come up with a fix. Getting kind of tired of paying for games, playing them almost all the way through and then having bugs keep me from finishing. Will try replaying one more time but this will be the last one I buy a day early from Big Fish. Will start reading reviews and bugs before buying from now on. Never used to have that problem with any of the games from them. Guess their quality control is slipping quite a bit. Too bad!

Wolfn
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Wolfn on Mar 27, 12 1:30 PM
Well, I have updated EVERYTHING. Still can't get the last bone. Hmmmm, you must have to have a top of the line gamers computer to make it run right rather than the developer correctiing HIS glitch. Guess this will help me determine what games to buy. It sure won't be from these game developers as THEY are no help in correcting THEIR glitches. If it was one or two people having an issue I could understand it may be something else. But when you have this many having the SAME issue, I think that it is the game instead.

josie41132
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by josie41132 on Mar 27, 12 4:04 PM
I too am having the same problem . I seen the vulture with the bone and when he dropped it BlackJack appeared and now I can't finish the game. I've tried all the suggestions left on this forum...but no luck. The sad part was I really liked this game and now that I'm so close to finishing I can't . I'm just gonna talk to live chat and see about getting a refund, because there is no way I'm starting this game over since I was closed to finishing it.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 28, 12 9:36 AM
prpldva wrote:I know it is frustrating, but believe it or not, it makes quite a big difference. Check out the help pages suggested by the first post in the tech thread.

Game designers build their games using the latest builds of these different software programs and drivers.

Because I take the time to perform maintenance updates on my computer, I can count on one hand the number of games I have had trouble with here in the past 5 years. I had no trouble with this game whatsoever.

Since you are continually having trouble with games, you really should check with tech support. They really can help you.

You would not need to start a new profile after doing these updates, your old information should not be affected.

I hope this helps.

As it happens, I do maintenance updates to my PC regularly. And most software allows auto updates anyway, so Direct X, Flash and drivers are up to date.

I didn't say I was continually having problems with games; I mentioned 2, one of which has already had the issue fixed. And after 200 complaints, I don't think it was my PC at fault.

I am not the only one having a problem with this game; there are several others. And since they all appear to have updated their various software components, it doesn't seem as though that is the problem.

Go to: