bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Phenomenon: City of Cyan technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 25, 12 12:15 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

Re:Post any Phenomenon: City of Cyan technical issues here only

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Mar 25, 12 2:57 AM
W7, 32 bit, Home Edition - thrown to the desk.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Mar 25, 12 3:25 AM
OMG....I am SOOOO frustrated, can't play the game at all, and spent 15 minutes of trial time, just trying to get my computer in working order again, also my mouse dissapeared, making it virtually impossible to do anything to fix this MESS.

When I clicked on play, I got an icon on my toolbar, and a border around my screen, but the game NEVER opened up, and I was left without my mouse.
After trying CTRL+ALT+DEL several times, with it saying game not responding, all I could do was sit there, because nothing was working, so lost 15 min of trial time.
I REALLY wanted to play this, got up early and spent the last hour and a half, downloading, than running into this problem, after the download, and just now got that straight.
Any suggestion's are more than welcomed,

GOT my issue fixed, perserverance does pay off...lol, so glad I didn't give up because this game is TOTALLY worth it, LOVE IT!!
For those of you having an isssue with the game opening up, all I had to do was change my screen resolution to 1024x768, and than the game opened and ran fine during my demo, what was left of it, but that was all I needed to see, to know that this is a MUST buy, WOW...were have these developers been hiding, AWESOME work .
I remembered another game not opening for me, and once I changed the screen size, it ran fine, this game did all kinds of wacky stuff that you wouldn't think the screen size has anything to do with, so its worth a shot, if your having issues, it fixed mine.

Off to purchase and play this FANTASTIC work of art, happy gaming everyone .

Edited on 03/25/2012 at 9:14:56 AM PST

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Mar 25, 12 3:52 AM
Great game, but I've hit a glitch early on that makes it impossible to continue. After my pendant repelled the attack by the disaster "survivor", I picked up the piece left behind but apparently it didn't go into my inventory so I can't place it in the appropriate grate. I'd really like to play this game so would appreciate any suggestions.

LEOTA26
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by LEOTA26 on Mar 25, 12 4:02 AM
misty5 wrote:Great game, but I've hit a glitch early on that makes it impossible to continue. After my pendant repelled the attack by the disaster "survivor", I picked up the piece left behind but apparently it didn't go into my inventory so I can't place it in the appropriate grate. I'd really like to play this game so would appreciate any suggestions.

I had this happen a couple of times throughout the game. It seemed to work for me if I just went back to were I was supposed to pick it up and give it a minute and it would be back where it was supposed to be. I hope this makes sense and it helps you out.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Mar 25, 12 4:16 AM
I'm having trouble with the cursor. It's very wobbly. Anyone else with this problem, or any suggestions?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 25, 12 4:34 AM
Hi jennsmom,

If the cursor is not displaying correctly for you, I would encourage you to try the advice in the following Help Article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

The advice in this article is really useful in improving how the game displays and performs, including the cursor!

I would also suggest disabling the custom cursor as well as this can improve matters.

If you feel like this is a tech issue and you would like some specific help, please contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to help!

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 03/25/2012 at 4:35:06 AM PST

NBliving
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by NBliving on Mar 25, 12 5:06 AM
My cursor also froze, heck of a time to get my system shut down and rebooted, as I didn't want a repeat of that not fun time just uninstalled. Will not take another chance with this game or any other that someone may have mouse problems with.

barelyberlee
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by barelyberlee on Mar 25, 12 5:46 AM
misty5 wrote:Great game, but I've hit a glitch early on that makes it impossible to continue. After my pendant repelled the attack by the disaster "survivor", I picked up the piece left behind but apparently it didn't go into my inventory so I can't place it in the appropriate grate. I'd really like to play this game so would appreciate any suggestions.

If I'm assuming correctly, the item that you are looking for isn't in your inventory. To the right by the "hint" button there is a "shard" type of thing where you'll have pieces of puzzle. When you get to an area that you need to use it, it will "lift up" for you to be able to pick it up. There's 2 places so far that I've needed to use it. Hope that helps.

darksprires
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by darksprires on Mar 25, 12 6:46 AM
Well I guess I won't be playing this one, either. The game won't open, aside from a brief flash of black and the icon appearing on my tool bar for those few seconds. I don't see the point of developing a game that isn't universal.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Mar 25, 12 7:48 AM
404 Not found. Twice in the last couple of days I have tried to download a game and gotten this message.

Edited on 03/25/2012 at 7:59:25 AM PST

suehorse
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by suehorse on Mar 25, 12 8:11 AM
I just downloaded the trial and when I open and try to play all I get is a white screen with a book in the middle of the bottom part of the screen. What can be done? I have XP.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Mar 25, 12 8:13 AM
my cursor is also sluggish tried changing it to reg instead of custom works a little better but still very slow moving seems to be a good game but can't play like that also can't get it to play in casual mode.................................

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Mar 25, 12 8:46 AM
saphhire wrote:my cursor is also sluggish tried changing it to reg instead of custom works a little better but still very slow moving seems to be a good game but can't play like that also can't get it to play in casual mode.................................

The game opened beautifully and then the cursor felt like it was in a vat of molasses. I tried to system cursor and then couldn't even exit the game. Had to use the three-finger salute to get the task bar manager and close the game.

If there is ever a fix for this game, I am up for trying again.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Mar 25, 12 9:07 AM
I may have a second go on this?...first d/l went fine, all screenshots were crisp well done graphically...BUT...when the dialog arrived to enter player...BAM!...all white 'pixels'....oooopsee! Could not read but since i knew where to 'click' the yes, no, o.k., etc I decided to see if this 'glitch' was going to play out?...The storyline video of 'how this began' went beautifully....then was sad that the dialog continued on into the playing of the game with the 'white pixels'. Got back to 'quit', uninstalled...will try again later.

Have seen no posts on this as of this date here....and....the past several weeks have not run into any other games with problems which has been 'non flustrating'.

Just thought I would add this boo boo?...The storyline and reviews are saying its well worth the 'try again'....Only lost 5 minutes on trail. May or may not be a 'tech issue'...will check back later.

Applebay
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Applebay on Mar 25, 12 10:06 AM
I would really like to try this game but the download page has no css so it is totally blue as is the main page of this site. Forums are working but not the rest of the site.
I have tried with 3 different browsers. Any suggestion as to how to get to a download link for this game

Zhenya722
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Zhenya722 on Mar 25, 12 10:51 AM
barelyberlee wrote:

If I'm assuming correctly, the item that you are looking for isn't in your inventory. To the right by the "hint" button there is a "shard" type of thing where you'll have pieces of puzzle. When you get to an area that you need to use it, it will "lift up" for you to be able to pick it up. There's 2 places so far that I've needed to use it. Hope that helps.

That absolutely does the trick; look at the "frame" surrounding the Hint button!

Chamana
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Chamana on Mar 25, 12 11:16 AM
I download the game an the trial is expired? Is anyone else having this problem? Is this an old game?

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Mar 25, 12 1:22 PM
barelyberlee wrote:

Thanks, barelyberly!! That's it, and do I feel stupid for not having realized where the pendant pieces were.......................................

unanymous
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by unanymous on Mar 25, 12 1:37 PM
Phantastic game, developers! Could you please look into a glitch, though? Near the end of the demo, I had just clicked on the strand of coins to play the mini game in the alcove when the game ended because the demo time was up. It was such a great game--and an SE to boot!--that I wanted to contnue tp play right away, so I immediately used a game credit and "purchased" it. However, when I opened it again to play, I discovered that the coins had disappeared--the strand was empty, but the coins never made it into my inventory to use. Now I'm stuck! I already unistalled and reinstalled the game, but still no coins, and it's impossible to progress from this point. I doooo soooo hoooope that you can fix this soon, as you've already hooked me on the gameplay--graphics, storyline, hogs, minigames are all exemplary! Please let me continue the adventure!

**Update** Still unable to play game as original player because of this glitch, but was able to play all the way through to the "end" starting the game over under another player name. This time no problems. Phenomenal game and can't wait to play the obvious sequel that, hopefully, will be released soon!

Edited on 03/25/2012 at 5:30:17 PM PST

Go to: