shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Comments for Phenomenon: City of Cyan

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Mar 25, 12 12:23 AM
Hello everyone! I played a beta of this game and for all of you who have been wanting a game with a change of pace, this may be the one you have been waiting for. I liked the beta and found some creative and clever game play here. I am away to play and look forward to the BFGamer's comments.

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

Re:Comments for Phenomenon: City of Cyan

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Mar 25, 12 12:41 AM
Wow, this game has a lot going for it. Choice of level of difficulty, harder mode has no sparklies. Can also choose if you want interactive help to get you started. Great graphics and voice overs and a big favourite with me - cut scenes, even better, they can be replayed. You can check what tasks there are to do, you have a map and a diary.... Wondering if this was planned to be a Delux Edition game - there is a full strategy guide showing 11 chapters... maybe we are being spoiled as BF didn't carry through with DE releases.

Theme seems to be long lost daughter searching for her parents...I am impressed so far and going off to play some more.

Edited for spelling...

Edited on 03/25/2012 at 12:43:10 AM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Mar 25, 12 1:14 AM
Wow, another great game. This is a buy for me. It's different and a lot of puzzles.
There is a map and SG.

Thanks devs en BF.

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Mar 25, 12 1:22 AM
This is quite a gem. Superb graphics, voiceovers. good story, map, strategy guide, journal etc. Just about every bell and whistle you can put in a game. Have played CE's with far less than this game has to offer. I'm impressed. A must have here.

Edited on 03/25/2012 at 1:23:15 AM PST

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 25, 12 1:48 AM
Beautiful game and I agree very innovative so far. A refreshing change. Loving the sound of the sea!!

Angel369
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by Angel369 on Mar 25, 12 2:00 AM
remembered to put my clock forward and woke up to find this marvellous game have just finished the demo and can't wait to play some more..a definite buy and well deserving of all the praise so far..thank-you BigFish may have lost out on a little sleep but this more than compensates I predict a surge of 'downloading' very soon ..hope everyone has a great day..

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Mar 25, 12 2:09 AM
This game IMO is indeed Phenomenonal.
I knew within 8 mins. that I would get it.
I know that because the timer told me I had 52 mins. to play when I exited the game the first time to purchase it.
Having gotten myself in hand I played another 27 mins. before having to stop and get it.
The graphics, to me, are gorgeous and the gameplay is great.
The music, the sfx, the puzzles, everything.
Congratulations Devs on a job well done.
And thanks BFG for delivering with this one!
BK

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on Mar 25, 12 2:10 AM
Wow, it's been quite a while that I have been so impressed with a game from the word go. Definitely regular price for CE quality. Even the way the girls hair moves.
I'm not the greatest fan of HOS, but with this game I don't mind them.
It's just that spectacular.
We changed the time here in Holland and I just hate it . But this game put me in a 100% better mood . Many kudos for the developer and thank you BF for letting us enjoy it too.

Edited on 03/25/2012 at 2:14:49 AM PST

goddess280653
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by goddess280653 on Mar 25, 12 2:26 AM
Have played demo and am off to buy !!! Gorgeous graphics, lots of really interesting puzzles & just the right amount of HOG scenes. Totally different and innovative game - this is a winner IMHO !!! Happy gaming fishies !!!

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Mar 25, 12 2:39 AM
I'm loving the Hos scenes within the Hos scenes. Finally a game giving us something different!
Just hoping it's a long one cos I'm enjoying it!!

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Mar 25, 12 3:00 AM
BF have been spoiling us recently with one great game after another. Now, here is this wonderfully promising game this morning, with terrific graphics, good music and vos, and a whole different game play. The puzzles are unique and intriguing. It's not so much the story that grips, that's the usual, but rather the plot behind the story. Even the HOS are a departure from the norm. I really like them.

A SE with a strategy guide is, technically, supposed to be a DE, but it seems that concept has fallen by the way. Yet here we have the same format as a DE, still at the SE price. I still cannot understand why devs put in extra time and work for no extra profit. Must be missing something.

So, if the game continues on the same level it started and doesn't lose impetus, it will be a real winner. Here's hoping.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Mar 25, 12 3:04 AM
people are mentioning a map, but is it a transporter map?
thanks.

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Mar 25, 12 3:12 AM
gingergal wrote:people are mentioning a map, but is it a transporter map?
thanks.

Hi gingergal, it's not a transporter map... shows where you are and active areas etc...

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Mar 25, 12 3:15 AM
MsFreddie wrote:
gingergal wrote:people are mentioning a map, but is it a transporter map?
thanks.

Hi gingergal, it's not a transporter map... shows where you are and active areas etc...

thanks for the info I know transporters map is very rare, was hoping though
But at least it's a helpful one, showing active areas.

With all the good reviews going to try it out now.

edit - It's a buy for me, it's a bit different which is good. Liked one of the puzzles (gate one) the hidden object scene wasn't junk scene and really good interaction in the one I encountered and no random click penalty in advanced mode - happy dance.
can't figure out the SG though as it kept opening up several pages ahead of where I was giving me spoilers, but I rarely use it so it doesn't matter.
But it's lovely to have it in a SG.

And whoever mentioned the hair I agree it was really well done.

Edited on 03/25/2012 at 3:49:12 AM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Mar 25, 12 4:15 AM
I found it an intriguing game and how nice to have all the extras, but I can't stand playing with the wonky cursor. I feel as though I have no control over it at all. Perhaps I will uninstall and reinstall at a later time. I do like the artwork and the story and the background music, but not the cursor.

gmmace
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by gmmace on Mar 25, 12 4:26 AM
Anyone else have the player name already filled in when you started the game? Mine said "Monica Dipp."

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Mar 25, 12 4:28 AM
Gmmace... I think everyone starts out with that user name. Monica Dipp is the redheaded girl in the game... that's her name.

Edited on 03/25/2012 at 4:30:28 AM PST

anki6969
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by anki6969 on Mar 25, 12 4:29 AM
I absolutely LOVE this game! Everything is top noch! The graphics,the music, the voice-overs and so on...

I didn´t even reach the gate puzzle before I exited to buy...

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Mar 25, 12 5:19 AM
jennsmom wrote:I found it an intriguing game and how nice to have all the extras, but I can't stand playing with the wonky cursor. I feel as though I have no control over it at all. Perhaps I will uninstall and reinstall at a later time. I do like the artwork and the story and the background music, but not the cursor.

Agreed. It's the one feature that I have a beef with too. Strange isn't it, how much trouble devs go to to create something this good, and then don't bother to tweak an important function like this one.

gmmace
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by gmmace on Mar 25, 12 5:27 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:Gmmace... I think everyone starts out with that user name. Monica Dipp is the redheaded girl in the game... that's her name.

Oh! Lol - didn't even notice that! I tend to blow right past the dialogue without listening. So much for my keen powers of observation.

Edited on 03/25/2012 at 5:31:55 AM PST

Go to: