firestone1960
Flounder
Flounder
2,309 Posts

Re:Mystery P.I. The curious case of counterfeit cove - last puzzle

[Post New]by firestone1960 on Mar 25, 12 4:55 PM
hi and welcome to the pond!!

I have this game and it is a great one - however, I completed it when it was first offered and don't remember the exact how to on getting the press to work. Sorry.

If you own the game you are able to replay whenever you wish, you simply have to start another profile.

[Post New]by squadcar on Jul 8, 12 1:07 PM
I have some things placed but it won't go any further. PLEASE help me - I am not technical!!
Thanx - [Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 01/16/2013 at 2:10:07 PM PST

Copeland
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Copeland on Aug 27, 12 3:19 PM
I am stuck on the last of the game where it tells you to put the items on the picture to complete it. What is the green ball and where does it go? Please help!!

[Post New]by trinkys on Aug 31, 12 7:25 PM
the green ball thing goes on the soldiers uniform.... by his gun

jpstoer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by jpstoer on Sep 4, 12 2:44 AM
To fix press place the obvious. The hardest for me was the bottle. At top of press on left, there is a hole. Put bottle there. Use napkin to wipe front face plate. Then use cursor to ppush lever to the right. At that point, press will work Next you recreate the museum. Screwdriver gave me fits, but if you look at oval picture in middle of scene, you will notice loose screw. Put screwdriver there, The key to bookcase is on the clock. But I cannot get number sequence for books. I have 3, 6, and 8, but have then tried 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 13 etc and it says "sorry." Does anyone have the sequence? Thanks.

[Post New]by stuckinhell on Sep 29, 12 9:28 AM
I too am stuck on the book sequence, I have tried lots of combinations, but the fourth book is always wrong, maybe I missed something about a clue, but I need help.

[Post New]by AZ_Stormy on Oct 1, 12 9:14 AM
I finally figured out the books.
The first 3 you pick will stay until you pick the next book, and if ALL are not correct, (no specific order necessary), you will get “try again”. Solution is probably different for each player, depending on the order of when you finished each item. There will be some numbers left showing in the scene after you get everything and open the book case. These are the books you need to finish the game. I don’t think it matters what order you choose them.

[Post New]by babsxyz on Oct 11, 12 2:17 AM
Look back at the previous scene with the soldier dummy. There are four numbers scattered around. You have to click on the books with these numbers. 21 17 8 14

[Post New]by Ritais58 on Oct 23, 12 10:38 AM
Thanks for the info on the numbers of the books. Now I will try it and hope that it does work for me.

[Post New]by 29Lois on Nov 5, 12 5:02 AM
Alaright. Got the press all fixed, and the screen just sits there with the timer running. How do I get on with it? How about the rest of the "clues" that were found?
Help!!

[Post New]by 29Lois on Nov 5, 12 7:15 AM
Well. It worked that time. Must have been the phase of the moon. If at first....

Hotrod2k
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Hotrod2k on Jan 15, 13 5:49 PM
Where do you put the wrench in the first part of the printing press?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jan 16, 13 2:18 PM
Hi Hotrod2k,

I just replied to your question in this other thread here.

Hope it helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by blythe0330 on Apr 13, 13 5:57 PM
HELP!!! I cannot figure out where the button thing goes and what about the screwdriver. What do I do with that? Thanks!

lorub
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by lorub on Apr 16, 13 7:37 AM
The button goes onthe soldier coat ,The screwdriver thighten the screw at the bottom of oicture

[Post New]by Belanaparis on Sep 7, 13 7:39 AM
Select books by clicking on the numbers 21, 17, 8, 14 They will pull down and complete the puzzle. the green ball goes under the soldiers left arm...screw driver tightens the screw on the round picture of the girl half concealed on the rght of the flag. The rag cleans off the plaque on the front of the printer.gear goes on bottom left spool, pink wire goes on top spool, crowbar removes item on main wheel, the wrench, tightens screw on bottom right that is off. Oilcan goes on large gear handle in center of machine that turns it on. bottle of oil goes on top left with same symbol. Hope this is a help.

Go to: