bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Monument Builders: Titanic technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Mar 27, 12 12:21 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Gill_Dudley
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

Re:Post any Monument Builders: Titanic technical issues here only

[Post New]by Gill_Dudley on Mar 27, 12 4:56 AM
Part 1 Level 4 in the top right hand corner there are 2 pieces of road that I cannot build no matter how many materials I have I cannot select it to build the road. Is anyone else having the same probelm?

moetown18
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by moetown18 on Mar 27, 12 5:20 AM
I just downloaded game and first level asks to choose a tree and cut it... nothing
happens when I choose the tree. it does not offer me to cut. i have clicked everything on the screen and nothing happens. please help! thanks!

Bonniesan
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Bonniesan on Mar 27, 12 6:27 AM
So far, on the first 4 or 5 levels the quantity of stone always reads Zero. I was able to repair the roads that needed stone, but the reading never changed so I never knew how much I had.

[Post New]by gerarda3 on Mar 27, 12 7:20 AM
yes..same problem, can't even cut the first tree...stupid game..

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Mar 27, 12 8:21 AM
d/l went fine...hit play from GM...screen appeared with a brown burlap looking background with top/bottom brick like borders...little message 'please wait for configuration'...what?...game never opened...hit ctrl/alt/del...end task...and then 'uninstalled' from GM....kind of weird as had trouble with the effiel tower game also that would not play...whoopseee!...no try no buy!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Mar 27, 12 8:25 AM
moetown18 wrote:I just downloaded game and first level asks to choose a tree and cut it... nothing
happens when I choose the tree. it does not offer me to cut. i have clicked everything on the screen and nothing happens. please help! thanks!

I just went back to the first scene for you and there are 3 trees that you should be able to cut, 2 on the left and 1 on the right and when you click on any of them they get a circular glow round them and on the bottom of the screen a box opens up with an axe in it. If you have a worker available the axe gets coloured in and you just have to click it but if you don't have worker the axe has a washed out appearance.

If this box doesn't appear on the bottom of the screen then you definitely have a glitch and I can only suggest you try uninstalling and reinstalling the game again.

Note ... the trees in the middle of the screen are not available for cutting.

Good luck.

Cherb

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Mar 27, 12 8:30 AM
Gill_Dudley wrote:Part 1 Level 4 in the top right hand corner there are 2 pieces of road that I cannot build no matter how many materials I have I cannot select it to build the road. Is anyone else having the same probelm?

It is probably a very silly question Gill being as you played the first game so you know what you are doing but have you repaired the other 3 pieces of road which need to be done as one in particular needs doing first.

Cherb

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Mar 27, 12 9:58 AM
At the end of a level, if you hover your cursor over the "?" beside the "Time Bonus" on the "Score Screen", a text window appears with the wrong description. Even if the text is correct the first time, if you hover your cursor over a different "?" and then return to the "Time Bonus", the text window will change to something different.

Also there needs to be a space between "goalensuring" on the intro screen for the first level, so it reads "goal ensuring".
And there also needs to be a space and punctuation between "experienceeverything" on the level four's intro, so it reads "experience. Everything...".

Edited on 03/28/2012 at 5:36:31 AM PST

moetown18
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by moetown18 on Mar 27, 12 11:56 AM
I have reinstalled the game and still get no glow when I click on the tree. It just wont let me do anything. Thanks for trying Cherb

TheRealDragon
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by TheRealDragon on Mar 27, 12 3:28 PM
Same story here. I can't click on a tree to cut it. Then, when frantic clicking everywhere accidentally got me a tree cut, I could not click on the cart to haul it away. The little exclamation point icon even dipped a couple of times--which seemed to indicate a successful "click"--but nothing ever happened. Any clues???

[Post New]by jeni_kay77 on Mar 27, 12 6:29 PM
The mouse tracking is off in the game. I had to click around the bottom of the screen on the first level to select the tree. As I am not the only one with this problem I have to assume its a programming glitch. I hate it when they release half finished games. Too bad because I enjoyed the first one.

TheRealDragon
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by TheRealDragon on Mar 27, 12 9:13 PM
You nailed it--it IS the mouse tracking. I tried changing my screen resolution down to 1024x768, but, no joy. Anyone got a fix? I REALLY want to play this game!

TheRealDragon
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by TheRealDragon on Mar 27, 12 10:05 PM
I found a work-around! If you play in windowed mode--you don't have the mouse tracking problem. However, you do have to reduce your screen resolution, or the figures in the window are just too teensy.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Mar 28, 12 6:58 AM
Hi fishies,

It sounds like those of you unable to cut down the tree or use certain features of the game, might be experiencing a technical glitch. I'd definitely recommend trying TheRealDragon's workaround to see if that will work for you.

I can also encourage those of you who are experiencing this issue to write into Tech Support so we can start tracking this issue.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by mendolyn on Mar 28, 12 8:20 AM
installed the game and when it load and get to the menu the screen is all wavy and there is a message in the center that the screen size isn't optimal and to use a specific screen size. i'm actually already set to that screen size. 1680x1050. not really sure what the problem is but the game is unplayable for me since it appears to have sizing issues that cause my graphics to chatter and waver. never had this issue before.

MacAy
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

custom cursor ... and then ... nothing

[Post New]by MacAy on Mar 28, 12 9:27 AM
I downloaded the game, opened the Options Menu and as the text was very difficult to read (it was placed not on but besides the buttons) I must have enabled the custom cursor. And after that, clicking on a button didn't work anymore.
Same after uninstalling/reinstalling. So I can't even start playing because clicking on the PLAY button doesn't do anything.

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Mar 28, 12 12:13 PM
I believe in Level 8 there is a glitch (or maybe I'm missing something?) I build the entire road but for some reason the carts stop in front of the factories and it says I can't move them because there is no road, even though there is one and they were moving along just fine up until then. I can't get past it because I can't get the scaffolding delivered.

Good thing I didn't buy it.

Edited on 03/28/2012 at 12:15:43 PM PST

[Post New]by mummyand4 on Mar 29, 12 2:03 AM
Also got mouse tracking problem on this game. Anyway to fix it?

[Post New]by chachanshen on Apr 1, 12 1:45 AM
PART 4 LEVEL 5 is impossible to beat.

Go to: