bfgRhone
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Monument Builders: Titanic

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Mar 27, 12 12:23 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Monument Builders: Titanic? We’d love to hear all about it, together with many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Monument Builders: Titanic page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

bfgRhone
4,302 Posts

Re:Reviews for Monument Builders: Titanic

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Mar 27, 12 12:23 AM
Hi fishies,

Just to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only. If you have any comments or questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. (As you could imagine, this feedback is very helpful! )

So to make sure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any comments and non-review posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

ZuluDawn13
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by ZuluDawn13 on Mar 27, 12 12:36 AM
Based on Demo..

Cutesy Music and Sound.

Graphics did not fill my screen - solid wall type graphics at both left and right sides.

Very Basic Gameplay, Characters and Challenges.

Ok for the younger Fishies..

Not a buy for me however much I had hoped for a great builder type game..

Average.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,229 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 27, 12 12:40 AM
Good morning, fishies...

This game is the sequel to "Eiffel Tower".

There is a choice of custom and system cursor.

The game's own brown side bars on either side of the monitor are visible on my laptop.

There is a separate choice for music and sounds.

There is a timer: If you manage to finish a level in the gold zone, you receive a gold trophy. If you manage to finish in the red zone, you receive a silver trophy. And if you finish the game after the timer has ran out, you receive a bronze trophy. So you can continue with your level even after the timer has disappeared.

--- --- ---

This game is quite easy to learn. The animations were nicely done - quite cute.

What I didn't like was the constant "ping" each time a load of wood or coal, etc was ready to be transported to its destination. This happens every few seconds, and after a while there are quite a few products to be shipped at the same time, and you just get this "ping" with each one, and it was just driving me nuts.
I could have turned the sound down, but then I would not have been able to hear all the other background sounds.

Like the first "Monument Builders" game, this one is not for me. A little too monotone, a little too much of a click-fest, and too many "pings" for my liking.

But those fishies who enjoyed the first game, will most likely like this one. Happy gaming, everyone.

Edited on 03/27/2012 at 3:26:10 AM PST

[Post New]by veryfrustrated on Mar 27, 12 3:21 AM
Have just played the free hour demo and found that "Titanic" is exactly the same as the prequel "Eiffel Tower". Even the levels are the same. Seems a pity since the concept is a good one and like previous reviewer - "wheres the TItanic and the shipyard?". I don't think i will bother spending a voucher for this one and hopefully the next "build-it" is something worth having.

Gill_Dudley
Minnow
Minnow
239 Posts

[Post New]by Gill_Dudley on Mar 27, 12 4:05 AM

Edited on 03/27/2012 at 5:43:29 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,626 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Mar 27, 12 6:10 AM
I had exactly the same problem as Gill_Dudley with Monument Builders: Eiffel Tower and ended up with my tower remaining uncompleted with 3 levels to go because the devs had decided to put in a level whereby all you had to do was to click on thieves. It took me between 7 and 10 clicks to catch one thief and we were expected to catch 30 of them and thus this meant that you were expected to click between 210 and 300 times in rapid succession and while you were clicking on one thief a load of others were surrounding you and stealing from headquarters. I wonder if anyone actually managed to complete that level.

Monument Builder:Titanic actually states that you have to "get rid of pesky thieves" so I would hazard a guess that this game has a level in it along the same lines and consequently that is enough for me to say NO BUY in a loud voice which is a shame as I really love building type games.

Having said that I still played 10 levels in a bid to see what the differences were between the two games and I am no wiser now because I didn't see anything original in this game,apart from being given information on the Belfast shipyard instead of the Eiffel Tower everything looked and played exactly the same.

Cherb

ETA ... typo

Edited on 03/27/2012 at 9:57:36 AM PST

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on Mar 27, 12 7:30 AM

Edited on 03/28/2012 at 9:08:15 AM PST

MarkAlan
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Mar 27, 12 10:03 AM
It's exactly the same as the Eiffel Tower game. The only differences are they've added a custom cursor and higher resolution. The music and facts are different; but otherwise there's nothing new.

Edited on 03/27/2012 at 3:04:46 PM PST

bea1106
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bea1106 on Mar 27, 12 11:38 AM

Edited on 03/28/2012 at 9:08:47 AM PST

Badut
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by Badut on Mar 27, 12 12:05 PM

Edited on 03/28/2012 at 9:08:58 AM PST

Poof11
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
439 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Mar 27, 12 6:20 PM
This game did nothing but irritate me. When you press play at the level it just goes back to flashing the next level whereas you have to click it once again to actually play. Secondly, the game is very slow moving. There are way to many arrows and actions being thrown at you during your game play at times to even see what you are doing.

If you are a fan of Build a Lot games, this is not along the same lines. I deleted the game.

To those who enjoyed the game....Happy Gaming.

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Mar 27, 12 7:04 PM

Edited on 03/28/2012 at 1:05:15 AM PST

silentpages
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by silentpages on Mar 27, 12 10:09 PM
I honestly did not even waste my time downloading this one. The screen shots look EXACTLY like the "Paris" game by the same maker. Not even a dry-dock or a glimpse of water to justify the title "Titanic"

I tried the 1st one and it stunk.

If it looks like a turd, smells like a turd...don't eat it! I do like building games, but this is bad! I am sorry if I offend. It is just ugly.

MsHamster
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by MsHamster on Mar 27, 12 10:49 PM
not a fan of this game
positive - enjoyed the fun facts about the titanic building history
negatives
- having to click on buttons 4 times before a level launches (first click on play, you get the objectives, then click on play to return to the map, then u have to click on a circle, then u get the fun fact and have to click on play yet again - sheeesh)
- game was too slow for me, kept waiting for things to speed up
- glad i didn't get to the "thieves" - that would have annoyed me totally

probably not a bad choice for those that like the slower playing TM games, but for those who like a faster pace, this just drags too much

shazoz
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

Shame on the Devs!

[Post New]by shazoz on Mar 28, 12 9:47 AM
MarkAlan wrote:It's exactly the same as the Eiffel Tower game. The only differences are they've added a custom cursor and higher resolution. The music and facts are different; but otherwise there's nothing new.

I usually love these types of games but as I already have Eiffel Tower, I see no need to buy this one. Like MarkAlan said it is a carbon copy of the previous game. SOOOO dissappointing. I was looking forward to another chapter, but why bother when it is the same-o same-o? I hope the Devs are reading these pages. Shame on them for releasing the same game just with a different theme. A biig THUMBS DOWN from me. so sad

emerance
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

Hit bugs within 10 minutes of play...

[Post New]by emerance on Mar 28, 12 6:36 PM
This is like the Eiffel Tower game, as other reviewers have said. It's OK, but a little crowded. I find it difficult to locate objects. I was still doing the tutorial when I tried to click on a site to build a quarry and the only option it gave me was "deliver", which gave me a "destination error" when I tried to click on it. Couldn't go any further.

The historical info is OK, but I'm a Titanic buff, so it's too elementary.The graphics are OK, too.

I'm running Windows 7 and from what others have posted, they can get past this place, so obviously it's not equipped to handle my setup.

Anyway, I give it (out of five) for those who like something a little more old-fashioned and don't mind a busy screen.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,722 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Mar 28, 12 11:47 PM
I did not purchase Eiffel Tower as I really disliked the graphics and found it hard to "get into".

Whilst the gameplay is the same this Titanic game is a bit more polished with higher res graphics.

Lucky for me I waited and got this instead - it would be nice if they updated the Eiffel Tower game - I would then also pick that up as I found the facts about the Eiffel tower quite interesting.

I am enjoying the gameplay- the level goals are similar - but it is satisfying to get gold.
Only half way through here so maybe things change up.

One thing I do not like (hate actually) is the bandits- I don't see the point to just click click click on them- not much fun - spoils those levels.

Overall this is a solid building game.

mkastor
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Mar 29, 12 4:59 AM
I played the demo and got stuck so I didn't buy it. It looked like fun, almost carbon copy of Eiffel Tower. No ship building! Just horses with carts running around. You never do see the Titanic. No buy for me only because it had issues and I couldn't advance.

mudfarmer
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by mudfarmer on Mar 29, 12 1:24 PM
This is a no-buy for me. I enjoyed the first game well enough, but this one is just too similar. Worse, it looks like a rush job based on the hour trial I played: There are lots of places where the text is hard to read because missing punctuation makes the words run-together: the custom cursor had major performance problems on my system so I needed to use the system cursor option (the first game I ever had this problem): and they reused some of the French- sounding music cues from the first game.

Go to: