4Cats4
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

How do you cut down a tree??

[Post New]by 4Cats4 on Mar 27, 12 8:36 AM
Color me stupid but I just started the game and can't figure out how to cut down a tree! I click on the 3 trees that have arrows pointing to them and not a thing happens. Is there a trick to this?

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Re:How do you cut down a tree??

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Mar 27, 12 8:47 AM
Copied from my post in the technical thread ...

I just went back to the first scene for you and there are 3 trees that you should be able to cut, 2 on the left and 1 on the right and when you click on any of them they get a circular glow round them and on the bottom of the screen a box opens up with an axe in it. If you have a worker available the axe gets coloured in and you just have to click it but if you don't have worker the axe has a washed out appearance.

If this box doesn't appear on the bottom of the screen then you definitely have a glitch and I can only suggest you try uninstalling and reinstalling the game again.

Hope this helps.

Cherb

moetown18
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

How do you cut down a tree??

[Post New]by moetown18 on Mar 27, 12 11:58 AM
4Cats4 wrote:Color me stupid but I just started the game and can't figure out how to cut down a tree! I click on the 3 trees that have arrows pointing to them and not a thing happens. Is there a trick to this?

Same thing here Cats! I also have the arrows pointing at the trees but nothing happens when I click on any of them

TheRealDragon
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by TheRealDragon on Mar 27, 12 9:07 PM
Check the tech support section of the forum!

(Sorry, Cherbtoo--that isn't the answer, this time, but glad it's working for you! We aren't clicking on the wrong trees. I even closed the dialog boxes, first--no help.)

Jjeni_kay77 nailed it. The mouse tracking is bonkers. To select the tree, I had to click WAY down at the bottom of the screen and slightly left of the tree. VERY weird error!

Of course, it's completely unplayable this way.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Mar 28, 12 6:56 AM
Hi fishies,

It sounds like this might be a technical glitch, I'm therefore going ahead and lock this thread. As TheRealDragon mentioned, please check the thread Post any Monument Builders: Titanic technical issues here only for a possible workaround.

I can also encourage those of you who are experiencing this issue to write into Tech Support so we can start tracking this issue.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

Go to: