Alaska Level 4

[Post New]by scoobysnax4u2 on Mar 27, 12 1:42 PM
Anyone have any tips for this one? I don't seem to have enough visitors to raise my happiness level. I started out by having each bus route connected to train. Then built a museum and connected the busses to it. After that I upgraded airport and assigned some busses to it. Lastly, I upgraded Marina and assigned closest bus routes to it. When I check though, none of the 3 ports have any passengers getting off the busses and no incoming passengers after about 15 minutes.. so weird.

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

Re:Alaska Level 4

[Post New]by ricoblade on Mar 31, 12 3:51 PM
Hi - on my VC2, Alaska level 4 is some supply chains and hotels, no train, museums or marina. Please let me know which level you are referring to and maybe we can help.

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Apr 9, 12 3:52 AM
I don't know which level # you are describing but if it is the one I think it is you start with four bus stops with houses, a recylcing centre and a train station and have to up happiness and repair the airport and marina.

What I do is build a shopping mall near the bus stops closest to the unrepaired marina and redirect the two buses from that area to the mall. I also upgrade the houses around each bus stop to 40 passengers and up the buses to red. That starts the happiness.

Meanwhile I increase the houses around the other two bus stop to 40 passengers and the buses to red that are feeding into the railway.

Here is the trick with this level - you have to keep feeding into the railway to get passengers out of the railway but you get more out than you put in.

As soon as I have enough money I build another entertainment centre near the railway and put two buses from the railway ot the entertainment centre - remembering to continue feeding buses into the railway as well as having passengers coming out.

I then build another two entertainment buildings - one up near the railway and one down near the mall and reroute one bus from the mall to that centre and add another two buses from the railway to the second entertainment at the top.

Make sure to add the new buildings to dump truck routes.

By now the money is coming in so I repair the airport and marina - and usually that is it. I never sent buses to either of those places and have no problems with this level my way.

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Apr 12, 12 6:32 AM
Hi - I finally worked out that this level is Nevada Level 5, Roochester (Level 4-5). I got a new PC so have enjoyed playing this through from the start again!

As bertiepuppy says, the trick is to send passengers from the Bus Stops to one or more of the large destinations and then to use the multiplier (e.g. x4 for the Marina) to bus the increased passengers from a destination to an Entertainment building to get the Happiness up.

At my first attempt i was like you and had Buses routing from a Bus Stop to the Marina and then on to a Stadium and nothing was happening.

It was only when i separated the Buses into 2 streams - one from Bus Stops to the Marina and one from the Marina to the Stadium - that the Marina started delivering a *lot* of passengers and the Happiness rating went up.

[Post New]by blackmagickwoman on Nov 20, 12 11:25 AM
I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. No matter how many people I send to the railway station, no one comes out. The buses leaving the railway station are always empty. I've sent 694 people to the railway station 0 have come out.

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Nov 21, 12 2:58 AM
blackmagickwoman wrote:I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. No matter how many people I send to the railway station, no one comes out. The buses leaving the railway station are always empty. I've sent 694 people to the railway station 0 have come out.

Hi - have you got separate Buses going to and from the Railway Station, i.e. one set of Buses from the Bus Stops to the Railway Station and another set from the Railway Station to the Entertainment building?

[Post New]by Superted09876 on Jan 22, 13 9:54 AM
I am doing exactly what everyone says and still nobody is coming out of the train station.

I have left the original buses doing what they are doing. Built a supermarket and bought a bus to go from the train station to the super market. Still nothing! Where am I going wrong??

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Jan 24, 13 1:21 AM
Hi - which version/platform are you playing it on please?

There appears to be a bug in some version/platform as evidenced by this long thread:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/182284.page

so I don't think you're going wrong!

[Post New]by Superted09876 on Jan 26, 13 3:36 AM
I'm playing on iPad. Nevada level 5 - Rochester.

AlixN
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by AlixN on Jan 26, 14 10:33 AM
I am having the same problem. I original set up bus routes from residential stops to entertainment to build up money (each route goes to one stop and one entertainment center).

After I built the airport and port, I changed my routes so that I had a bus going from each stop (only one stop per bus) to either the airport, railroad, or port. Then I set up another bus to go from the airport, railway, or port to an entertainment site.

I sent hundreds of passengers to the travel portals and never got a single passenger in return. All the buses set up to go from a travel portal to entertainment are empty. Help!

I am playing on an iPad.

Go to: