bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Shiver: Poltergeist Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 29, 12 12:10 AM
Welcome to Shiver: Poltergeist Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Shiver: Poltergeist Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

bodel6
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Welcome to Shiver: Poltergeist Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by bodel6 on Mar 29, 12 9:08 AM
where is the walkthru?

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Mar 29, 12 9:29 AM
Hi,
It has a built in strategy guide as it's a CE.

TheMadBlonde
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by TheMadBlonde on Mar 29, 12 6:07 PM
Thanks for this great game, BFG!
TMB

[Post New]by Rugby1 on Mar 31, 12 4:09 PM
Playing on an IMAC and have run into a difficulty. In the segment in the stables you must find a code to be able to unlock a secret compartment under a statue. However, I cannot find the code. I believe I have done all the required moves, but I cannot proceed until I get the code and I cannot find it. Is this a bug on the MAC or am I just missing something?

[Post New]by lbauer9 on Apr 1, 12 8:21 AM
I'm not sure why, but the game will not allow me to use the tongs to take the iron out of the fire. i've done everything else possible that I can see. i used the coal, the lighter, and the bellows. put the iron in and it says its too hot. then i click on the tongs and when i use them on the fire they just jump back into the inventory. why is this happening?

[Post New]by BarbShaw on Apr 1, 12 10:59 AM
Hi, the same thing happens to me also. The tongs will not pick up the iron from the fire and I've followed the steps from the built in guide. grrrrr Not sure if I should delete the game and reinstall or not. Is anyone else finding the same error?
Barb

[Post New]by sherianncarter on Apr 1, 12 11:52 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Shiver: Poltergeist Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Shiver: Poltergeist Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.
is there any way to use tongs it wont let me use it

[Post New]by Konfusedagain on Apr 1, 12 3:33 PM
I'm having the same issue with the tongs - any one able to figure it out?

[Post New]by Konfusedagain on Apr 1, 12 3:39 PM
OMG - I just changed the Options and got rid of full screen & widescreen to ask this question about the tongs, when to the game, used the tongs and it worked!! Don't understand but I got what I needed.

ladyhawkna
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Stuck. Not sure what to do

[Post New]by ladyhawkna on Apr 2, 12 6:52 PM
What am I supposed to put in the fountain thing . Not sure what the dials should be.
Is there a walkthru? It keeps saying to read my diary. NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Edited on 04/02/2012 at 6:52:38 PM PST

oldlady55
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by oldlady55 on Apr 2, 12 9:25 PM
I am right at the end of the bonus content. There is no iron bar above the radio for me to pick up so I can't open the trap door to get the fuel. Also there are no sparking wires outside the lighthouse as per Strategy guide. I assume it is a fault but if anyone knows how to make them appear I would be grateful I want to know who did it ( yeah I know it was the butler but I would like to see the end)

oldlady55
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by oldlady55 on Apr 2, 12 9:36 PM
Worked out I had not finished the radio bit and when I did the bar and electric sparks appeared. so finished it. I think there might be a slight glitch with the radio. Odd Anyway all good now.

[Post New]by sklm67 on Apr 4, 12 5:29 PM
My medillon had no key hole. The key will not go in What did I miss? I cannot finish the game ty

Edited on 04/04/2012 at 5:30:12 PM PST

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Apr 5, 12 5:38 PM
sherianncarter wrote:
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Shiver: Poltergeist Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Shiver: Poltergeist Collector's Edition players.

is there any way to use tongs it wont let me use it

I am having the same problem with the tongs! (

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Apr 5, 12 9:51 PM
I am having the same problem with the tongs! (

Reducing the screen size with the
Options
menu within the game allowed me to pick up the metal for the crossbow with the tongs.

Definitely a glitch in the game. I tried just taking off widescreen, but that did not work either. You have to make the screen as small as possible, and then you can pick up the metal.
SO FRUSTRATING!! I had started over hoping the problem would just go away. I should have checked here first!!

[Post New]by kinder64 on Apr 11, 12 4:29 PM
were do i find the hairpin for the cabinet, I have restarted the game 4 times and stil cant find it

[Post New]by flower311 on Apr 13, 12 1:15 AM
For me even getting rid of fullscreen and widescreen AND making the window extra-small did not make me getting the iron with the tongs. Shall I REALLY uninstall and reinstall the game just because of that? for a CE that's a huge bug...

[Post New]by Serenity1950 on Apr 13, 12 6:19 PM
Has anyone figured out the combination to the safe from the letter and family Tree...I don't have a clue?

[Post New]by Butterflyshrimp on Apr 14, 12 10:56 AM
Could someone please tell me how to get the chandelier to fall. Have already been out the window, on the roof, on the chandelier, & tried to hit the lever with the weapon I'm supposed to, but I keep getting a "you can't use that there", etc. Finally checked the Strategy Guide, do have the correct weapon, just cannot hit the lever. Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has alredy played. Thus far, the game has been a dream to play, no problems at all, so I must be doing something wrong, even though the Strategy Guide says it is correct. Many thanks!

Go to: