bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Shiver: Poltergeist Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Mar 29, 12 12:12 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 04/13/2012 at 4:25:03 PM PST

crawle1960
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

Re:Post any Shiver: Poltergeist Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by crawle1960 on Mar 29, 12 1:00 AM
My download keeps cancelling itself ??

[Post New]by heatherington on Mar 29, 12 2:55 AM
AFTER I bought it and it completed its installation, when I went back in to play it I got the blue screen of death. Now I'm not sure I want to go back in again. But I'll try it one more time.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Mar 29, 12 5:58 AM
crawle1960, that's very odd. Have you tried fully removing the download and then reinstalling the game again through the website?

A blue screen error definitely shouldn't be happening, heatherington. I'm not sure why this error occurred, but if you are comfortable giving this another try and the error comes back, don't hesitate to get in touch with Customer Support.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the right of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Hope this helps!

bfgRhone

PowderMonkey
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by PowderMonkey on Mar 29, 12 6:41 AM
Am in the bathroom, have turned on the oil lamp, bathtub is sparkling but when I click on it, there's no list with Hidden Objects to find?? I see the tub from above, and it looks like a HidObj scene, but where's my list?

redw00d
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by redw00d on Mar 29, 12 6:51 AM
Did you pull the chain on the right rim of the tub?

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Mar 29, 12 7:30 AM
Just as Shiver: The Vanishing Hitchhiker did, Shiver: Poltergeist kept freezing in the middle of hidden object scenes. The only way to unlock the computer was to turn it over and re-enter the game. Also, the timer has stopped on the game. I KNOW that I've played for longer than 60 minutes, but the game keeps telling me that I haven't played for any time at all.

PowderMonkey
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by PowderMonkey on Mar 29, 12 10:19 AM
redw00d wrote:Did you pull the chain on the right rim of the tub?

I think not - will try that, thank you!

janetc57
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by janetc57 on Mar 29, 12 12:44 PM
several times on the trial game it will come up with message ERROR:ACCESS VIOLATION and shut me down. when I go back to play it will be OK for a while.

[Post New]by leswalk_100 on Mar 29, 12 1:23 PM
I didn't have any issues with demo but after I purchased game freezes to the point I cannot get to task manager to shut down. Each time this has happened it has occurred when having to use flashlight and going from one room to another.

Love the game otherwise
Lesa

figured out it is hint button that is causing issues - when I last restarted the game (in last chapter) it deleted file as corrupt - GRRR - so I started new game noticed in the first 5 minutes tested hint button as I remembered it was recharging when flashlight was used and changing to another room - it seems to be hint recharge causing my issues with freezing.

Edited on 03/29/2012 at 2:24:09 PM PST

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Mar 29, 12 2:19 PM
I'm using OS X.7.3 (Lio) and having a lagging cursor problem. It just seems to be running behind.

THANK YOU Artogon for releasing the Mac version at the same time as the PC version!

pjplanner
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by pjplanner on Mar 29, 12 3:55 PM
Ok, so this is now a technical issue. Several of us have stated that we cannot use the tongs on the fire to extract the iron. Nothing happens - please advise on the solution or at least let us know if there really is a glitch so we don't spend endless hours fruitlessly dragging tongs to flames with no results !! I want to continue playing but can't.

[Post New]by betyaboops1 on Mar 29, 12 8:08 PM
i too am at metal in oven and tongs will not work , even closed game then restarted but no luck so am stuck.. really liked this game to but am tired of techno issues in newgames

Edited on 03/29/2012 at 8:09:02 PM PST

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Mar 29, 12 8:30 PM
The Family tree,

Stuck one portrait is on the side and it is frozen, it will not move, drag or anything.

What do I do know. Cant go any further in game.

[Post New]by betyaboops1 on Mar 29, 12 8:35 PM
Deleted game and reinstalled- went back to oven scene and tried tongs again but still will not remove hot metal. will go straight to tech support

[Post New]by ronwade5 on Mar 29, 12 10:24 PM
Blacksmith shop....tongs will not recover iron. I would like to have an answer or get my 2 game credits back. C'mon folks, let's get the bugs worked out before releasing games.

gobaba
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by gobaba on Mar 29, 12 10:41 PM
Elizabeth's portrait is stuck on the side of the family tree and won't move, drag, or click.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Mar 29, 12 11:43 PM
Tried this 2x...

install...went fine

hit play...o.k.

game came up no problems...went thru video on storyline of game...fine
noticed the blinking on the screenshot and when selecting the items for diary and papers the place appears as a 'white block' in the corner ... then showed the items...continue to the next stop to go up the stairs...BAM! ...'access violation' ... game back to GM

uninstalled

reinstalled later...changed players...went fine until getting to the stairs

did the same as above

decided its a 'no buy'

eigus
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by eigus on Mar 30, 12 8:47 AM
when are you going to fix the tongs so they pick up the iron

[Post New]by samanthaErin on Mar 30, 12 10:27 AM
Ahh how annoying!! Just spent over a tenner on this game after playing the free trial for an hr. I'm stuck on the oven/ tongs bit. I thought i was just being stupid.. but looking at this forum it's obviously a glitch in the game! What a nightmare and a waste of my money if i can't go on any further.. Not happy!

Go to: