lawfalot
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

Keep it Going achievement

[Post New]by lawfalot on Mar 29, 12 12:28 AM
Getting more than 10 recipes counted but not getting the achievement:

I think the main problem lies in repeating the level where the first recipe is on the ground. It's a "tutorial" level, the second level after the first storm level. Do not repeat this level until you gain the achievement, even if you only got bronze on it.

There may be another issue with an odd recipe dropping before you get to the west coast the second time. I was surprised, I should have written down what the strange recipe was, but didnt think to. I was pretty sure I hadn't repeated that recipe tutorial level, but I may have, inadvertently.

Another "player" didn't get the 10 recipes before leaving the west coast the second time (most others got them by that time, or a few levels after starting back east the second time) and when I got to the level(s) where 3 recipes drop (second area where that happens), it pushed the count over 10 without the achievement.

Those latter episodes only happened once, each. I still think the main reason is repeating that tutorial level. It's okay to repeat it once you have the achievement, though! In fact, I often use it later in the game to finish up the monkeys. toucan, cook upgrade and level 5 machine achievements.

lawfalot
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

Re:Keep it Going achievement

[Post New]by lawfalot on May 11, 12 4:10 PM
update:

Again, count went to 11/10 without getting the achievement.
This time, it seemed to be from getting the 3 recipes achievement in an odd level.
Makes me have to retract the statement about there only being two places you can do this..it happened on the next level after the 3rd storm level. Gold:450, Silver:400, Bronze:370
Recipes:
2 oil + 5 eggs...2 coconuts + 3 water + 1 oil + 4 boiled eggs...
by the time I had written down those two, I forgot the ingredients in the third recipe.
What I remembered was 5 meat + 2 water + 2? oil + ??
I think there was a 4th ingredient...

I'm pretty sure I didn't repeat the level with the first recipe on the ground, which has been the trigger for not getting the achievement most of the time.
Too bad you don't know about the failed achievement until you are almost done with the game.

lawfalot
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

Re:Keep it Going achievement

[Post New]by lawfalot on Dec 15, 12 5:44 PM
I have definitely found what causes this problem. I tested it by repeating the level that gives you the first recipe, and then carefully watched the tally of recipes.
Do keep checking the number of recipes as you near the west coast for the last time. If you have 9 recipes and pick up two new ones at the same time, the count will reflect in the total, but not in the achievement. It seems to be that the recipe is only counted when you open the cooks panel.

So, to recap:
If you have 9 recipes and two more drop, pick up one and click on the cook to open her panel BEFORE you pick up the second recipe. It may be one recipe you already learned and one new, but if it is two new recipes and you don't "register" each one separately, the achievement will be lost.
I hope what I posted is clear, if not, I will be glad to try to make it clearer!
Please disregard all my previous posts on this problem!

Go to: