Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

Bonus Content?

[Post New]by Tailteann on Mar 29, 12 8:44 AM
Is it worth it? I like extra gameplay over the wallpapers, art, and music.

I don't usually buy CE's but since Vanishing Hitchhiker was one my favorite HOPA's, I'm tempted!!

jfog
Clownfish
Clownfish
991 Posts

Re:Bonus Content?

[Post New]by jfog on Mar 29, 12 10:35 AM
Don't know if this will help you but I made it to the middle of page 12 of the SG at the end of the one hour demo. There are 37 pages in the SG for the main game and seven pages for the bonus play. So that makes me think that this is not more than a four hour game. Hope I'm completely wrong because I enjoyed the demo. I'm kind of a pokey player - try to get my money's worth by looking at and reading everything but I'm pretty fast with the HOS. Wish there was a better way than guesstimating the length.

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Mar 29, 12 4:12 PM
Thanks! I'm a pokey player too (except for the HOS!) and for the same reasons. I don't understand the need to race through a game, unless it's really not a good one! Looks like this one will have an expanded conclusion like the last one did.

Okay, I must trial now. If anyone has played the game fully, please spill it!

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Mar 29, 12 5:47 PM
I am at the same spot plus can't get the hatch up with the robe, do the radio. The torch is lite by a spark from some wires but can see them. There is a propane tank the hatch. Any ideas?

[Post New]by bashfog on Mar 29, 12 8:51 PM
Having the same problem in the bonus chapter, it says to lite the torch on the sparkling wires but there is no sparkling wires on the outside wall of the light house ,all I have left in the inventory is the torch.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Mar 30, 12 3:13 AM
bashfog wrote:Having the same problem in the bonus chapter, it says to lite the torch on the sparkling wires but there is no sparkling wires on the outside wall of the light house ,all I have left in the inventory is the torch.
You should see them outside the front door on the left, but you have to fix the radio and send a message to the coast guard first.

BetsLaw
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by BetsLaw on Mar 30, 12 3:45 AM
I'm having the same problem with Bonus Chapter - no sparkles to light torch. Went to SG to make sure I didn't miss anything. Everything is done except to light torch and go on. Wondering if I should uninstall and then re-install.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Mar 30, 12 3:51 AM
BetsLaw wrote:I'm having the same problem with Bonus Chapter - no sparkles to light torch. Went to SG to make sure I didn't miss anything. Everything is done except to light torch and go on. Wondering if I should uninstall and then re-install.
Hi BetsLaw and welcome to the pond!
If you have fixed the radio already and sent the message to the coast guard, and all the lights have gone out, then I would try uninstalling and reinstalling. When I got to this part, something drastic happened as soon as I sent the radio message - and that's why the lights went out - the wires outside the front door were cut. Hope a reinstall works for you.

jasmin911
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by jasmin911 on Mar 30, 12 6:10 PM
i had same probem with no sparking wire and only torch went back to radio sent message to coast guard and asked questions at bottom of screen

HDCLASSIC
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by HDCLASSIC on Mar 30, 12 9:03 PM
Also had the same problem, Went back to the radio, set the dials again, , pressed the button repeatedly until the conversation ended with the lights going out then was able to proceed. It took several tries and was about to give up when it finally worked!

melmer1423
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by melmer1423 on Mar 31, 12 8:45 AM
I've spent a rather frustrating half hour trying to find the sparking wires both inside and outside (I already sent the radio message), and I can't find them. For one thing the SG seems to be out of whack or something because there seems to be no continuity to it. You have to figure it out yourself. So, what I've got left with is an unlit torch and a rope to tie onto that hatch cover to lift it (which isn't working, BTW) because I've been trying - along with trying to light the torch to get it to tie around the handle. I'm almost done with the game, so this is maddening.

melmer1423
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by melmer1423 on Mar 31, 12 8:45 AM
I've spent a rather frustrating half hour trying to find the sparking wires both inside and outside (I already sent the radio message), and I can't find them. For one thing the SG seems to be out of whack or something because there seems to be no continuity to it. You have to figure it out yourself. So, what I've got left with is an unlit torch and a rope to tie onto that hatch cover to lift it (which isn't working, BTW) because I've been trying - along with trying to light the torch to get it to tie around the handle. I'm almost done with the game, so this is maddening.

LULU5635
Marlin
Marlin
8,049 Posts

[Post New]by LULU5635 on Mar 31, 12 1:39 PM
I'm in the same boat. Everything was smooth til it came time to light the torch on nonexistent wires. You can't start only the bonus level over so I've played the whole game again trying to find the sparking wires. Without a lit torch, I can't get any farther. BOO!

LULU5635
Marlin
Marlin
8,049 Posts

[Post New]by LULU5635 on Apr 1, 12 4:28 AM
I finally figured out,you must have dialogue, with the coast guard, by clicking comments below the dial, to activate the sparking electricity on the outside wall. The rest is cake.

[Post New]by Kazzie1013 on Aug 4, 12 7:50 PM
Playing iPad version, there is no nut to fasten the pulley with at the dock, cannot proceed, anyone else have this issue??

valp10
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by valp10 on Sep 1, 12 7:06 PM
I'm short one arrow tile for the pirate box. I've looked through the SG, but can't figure out where to find it. Does any one have a list of where they all are?

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Sep 1, 12 7:16 PM
Hi valp10,
SPOILER ALERT
One tile is next to the bench on the LHS of the lighthouse and a second is in the crack on the RHS of the ferry landing.
Cheers

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
675 Posts

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on Oct 22, 12 10:56 AM
I think the Bonus Chapter is worth it...wow i don't know if it's because i am recovering from surgery and the meds or what Man i was really struggling surviving that chapter it was hard..least for me . Took me almost 2 hours to finish the bonus chapter just kept getting stuck and just plan lost on what i was or wasn't doing right...but it was sooo worth it and really fun and challenging

[Post New]by Claidissa on Nov 3, 12 12:55 AM
I bought the standard edition and now really want to know the story line of the bonus chapter, would some kind soul message me with what happens? Thanks!

Go to: