bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Hidden Mysteries: Royal Family Secrets technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 30, 12 12:47 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

tbcoe
Marlin
Marlin
9,599 Posts

Re:Post any Hidden Mysteries: Royal Family Secrets technical issues here only

[Post New]by tbcoe on Mar 30, 12 12:56 AM
The game shut down my computer completely 2 times. It was at the boiling pot after I put the fire out. It was a fun game till then. Hopefully this can be fixed.

Ignore this post as it was my game manager that was at fault. I purchased the game and it is a very good game.

Edited on 04/07/2012 at 4:50:15 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 30, 12 1:08 AM
I don't know whether this is/will be a technical issue, Flounder, but I have noticed on the main game page that the trial version is 239.72 MB, and the full version is 295.74 MB, which is only 56 MB more.

I am just wondering, because usually the full version is about double the size of the trial version or at least it has considerably more MBs than just 56.

We've had the problem before whereas we received a trial version instead of the full version.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Mar 30, 12 1:30 AM
Uh oh, Valdy, I didn't pay any attention to that, but I know some are complaining that the trial was very short, so I am hoping that the game isn't flawed in some way. I didn't notice how long I played, before I stopped to buy, either, as I was hunting up a pcc to use. The Hidden Mysteries are usually quite long, aren't they?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 30, 12 1:39 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:Uh oh, Valdy, I didn't pay any attention to that, but I know some are complaining that the trial was very short, so I am hoping that the game isn't flawed in some way. I didn't notice how long I played, before I stopped to buy, either, as I was hunting up a pcc to use. The Hidden Mysteries are usually quite long, aren't they?

Yes, WR, they are. It took me by surprise when the trial finished within 45 minutes. I never finish the trial within an hour, because I am a slow player, so I was quite surprised about the shortness of this trial version.

And therefore it concerned me that the full version is only an extra 56MB. That might not mean much - but then again, it might mean that we have the wrong full version?

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Mar 30, 12 1:55 AM
Like "Small Town Terrors: Livingston" this game can not be played with the latest Nvidia drivers due to constant flashing. The developers still haven't addressed the previous game, so I'm betting this will suffer the same fate.

_candy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by _candy on Mar 30, 12 4:28 AM
I was at the chopping block and could not back out. It came up with "Thank you for playing...". It just ended there.?????

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Mar 30, 12 5:25 AM
Like MarkAlan, I can't get this game to play either, the flashing of the graphics are impossible and I can't even hold it still to type in my name. It s a second of BFG, a seond of Gunnar, long black screem then flashing start page..
I've been told to roll back my Nvidia card because of small town terrors in the forum, but BFG and the developer wouldn't support that. So, another absolutely unplayable game.
kris

jonrob
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by jonrob on Mar 30, 12 6:16 AM
Yeah, I got the flashing screen also! I have an Nvidia card and It will not work with this game. Too bad, I would have liked to demo it at least.

[Post New]by mariepierre972 on Mar 30, 12 7:22 AM
I can't lit the torch because obviously I don't have the full image since I can't see what I'm supposed to light the torch with. I tried to change my screen resolution but it doesn't change anything. Am I the only one to experience this problem?

christaruth
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by christaruth on Mar 30, 12 7:59 AM
Download Nvadia 285.58 and the game will work perfectly. AS for startinmg over everytime you go back in is another queastion.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Mar 30, 12 9:07 AM
Got this message three times, two 3/29 and one this morning 3/30...

(Could not initialize directx graphics.please make your displays support a resolution of at least 1024x768 and that you have the latest video card installed.You should also turn on hardware acceleration and set your displays color quality to 16-bit or higher.) ...

In between the d/l part both last nite and early this morning I have run 'ms care clean', 'defraged', run 'dxdiag', checked resolution (same as above), contact ms 'fix it', cleaned out all unwanted 'data applications', have a video card that has been running the last 15-20 games presented by BFG (demo & purchased). So all said and done... A 'TECH ISSUE'?

Then have read reviews and all the places a member or customer can possibly 'check out'...sad not many are 'thrilled with this game'...so my time spent on my end is good for my puter (found its o.k.) but not good for a purchase of this game!

note: have had no problems with previous purchases of the 'Hidden Mysteries' games.

signed ... Lets

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Giliraz on Mar 30, 12 10:45 AM
MarkAlan wrote:Like "Small Town Terrors: Livingston" this game can not be played with the latest Nvidia drivers due to constant flashing. The developers still haven't addressed the previous game, so I'm betting this will suffer the same fate.

same problem here...

patcam52
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by patcam52 on Mar 30, 12 10:59 AM
I only got 5 minutes on the trial, never have that happen before, don't think I can see if I like a game or not in 5 minutes lol.

kfitzzy
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by kfitzzy on Mar 30, 12 11:37 AM
mariepierre972 wrote:I can't lit the torch because obviously I don't have the full image since I can't see what I'm supposed to light the torch with. I tried to change my screen resolution but it doesn't change anything. Am I the only one to experience this problem?

I am having same problem!!!! anyone have any ideas!!!

kfitzzy
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by kfitzzy on Mar 30, 12 11:42 AM
mariepierre972 wrote:I can't lit the torch because obviously I don't have the full image since I can't see what I'm supposed to light the torch with. I tried to change my screen resolution but it doesn't change anything. Am I the only one to experience this problem?

I found it. Back out once from Grave and then go once towards the Church there is a Flaming lantern there you can light the torch.

[Post New]by woodlandpearl on Mar 30, 12 12:54 PM
This is the first game that I have not been able to play since being a big fish member for a few years. The game installed fine and I was able to get to play about five minutes of it, when my screen went black and my monitor went to sleep. The first time it happened was near the cauldron. I then updated my Nvdia drivers to the latest and greatest. Was able to play the game for another five minutes until my monitor went black and fell asleep near the fountain. So this is a no play for me since it is not fun having to shut the computer off and reboot the computer every five minutes to play.

All my direct X drivers are already updated to 11.

I decided to uninstall and reinstall the game after updating the video drivers and everything is working fine. I was able to finish the game without any issue.

Edited on 03/30/2012 at 5:30:43 PM PST

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Mar 30, 12 2:25 PM
Same issue as others with flashing screen. I went back to an older driver for Nvidia for other game but I am not going to keep messing with this problem so this game is a NO buy for me.

polarglen
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by polarglen on Mar 30, 12 4:23 PM
I can't get beyond the first cell scene. The game keeps sending itself to the taskbar. I bought this game without benefit of trial because I've liked the other Hidden Mysteries and never had any trouble with them. I routinely get updates from Microsoft for my computer so I don't believe the problem is mine.

whisper482
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by whisper482 on Mar 30, 12 9:48 PM
Thank you kfitzzy, I had the same issue and your post fixed the problem.

Go to: