bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Life Quest® 2: Metropoville technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 31, 12 12:21 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Re:Post any Life Quest® 2: Metropoville technical issues here only

[Post New]by jkuci on Mar 31, 12 1:36 PM

I really LOVE this game but I was in the furniture shop picking out a bunch of items when the game froze and would not let me out - had to turn off the computer. I couldn't even access c-alt-del.

I was very far along in the game when this happened and had no other problems so, I'm not really complaining about much here...I'll just start where I left off, I hope.

Update: My progress was largely saved after the above incident and I had no further problems. I just made sure I didn't buy alot of items at the same time in any of the stores and had no more glitches.

Edited on 03/31/2012 at 6:54:49 PM PST

[Post New]by mia227 on Mar 31, 12 3:44 PM
Due to the fact I was completely addicted to the first one, I purchased this without downloading the trial. It downloaded, installed, activated fine, but now I am getting "NO_GRAPHICS_DEVICE_TEXT." I have no idea what that means. I did my normal adjust screen resolution to every possible option, which is normally why my BF games won't load. Since that did not work, I am clueless as to what to try next.

[Post New]by shayla989 on Mar 31, 12 4:57 PM
I was pretty far in the game when all of a sudden the game froze then crashed i updated all my drivers uninstalled then reinstalled the game it loads to the start screen all my game data was erased i typed in a profile name to start over and click ok the game freezes and crashes at this point all the time now. i get a message saying error acsess code then windows trys to search for a fix. I love this game but i bought it and now it doesnt work properly.

[Post New]by Chattn215 on Mar 31, 12 6:17 PM
I am having the exact same problem with the game crashing and erasing all of my progress. I have started over multiple times. I used a game credit for nothing. Hope this issue is addressed soon.

jsj1231
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by jsj1231 on Mar 31, 12 6:56 PM
Loved 1st Life Quest so downloaded to try sequel.

Half way thru demo, screen froze and had to use manager to get out of game.

Seeing that people are having game crashes makes me think I won't be buying this game til bugs are worked out.

smck0912
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by smck0912 on Mar 31, 12 10:50 PM
Downloaded this to try tonight; when I try to play, the screen goes black for a few seconds, then my computer makes the Windows "Uh-oh" sound and takes me back to the Game Manager, which tells me I have 60 minutes left to play. No pop-ups or anything else to tell me what could be wrong - I had no issues with the first Life Quest. Please help!

[Post New]by spitefire93 on Apr 1, 12 1:33 AM
i have the same problem as smch0912!

valih
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by valih on Apr 1, 12 4:35 AM
The game crashes before I can even start playing!
I can launch the game, but as soon as I enter a name for my profile, the game closes and I'm back to desktop, without any error message.
Worst part is, everytime I want to try again after changing some settings (as recommended in the help pages) I have to watch the introduction video again, which gets annoying pretty fast.
i loved the first life quest and I reeeeaaally want to play this one!!
Anyone having the same problem?

vannalle
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by vannalle on Apr 1, 12 4:56 AM
I bought it without trying and don't have a widescreen monitor...

I don't get it they make a new game for few computers???

I hope they fix this ASAP!!!!

[Post New]by Dolphin__Girl on Apr 1, 12 6:27 AM
My monitor won't even support 1280x720 so I'm up the creek without a paddle on this one. I foolishly bought the game without demo'ing cause I like the first one so much and never had any tech issues with it....I never suspected that the devs were going to leave fans so high and dry on this one

vannalle
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by vannalle on Apr 1, 12 6:42 AM
Dolphin__Girl wrote:My monitor won't even support 1280x720 so I'm up the creek without a paddle on this one. I foolishly bought the game without demo'ing cause I like the first one so much and never had any tech issues with it....I never suspected that the devs were going to leave fans so high and dry on this one

I agree!!!
And they released the game saturday, so no one can complain by chat!!!!

[Post New]by butterfly28 on Apr 1, 12 8:06 AM
I wish my computer was more high tech i think my game card is outdated and will not run the game. I wish they would have kept the same requirements because I like the first one and this site don't do many strategy games.

[Post New]by puppycookie on Apr 1, 12 8:30 AM
Hi, The demo worked perfectly for me but now the game does not load after I purchased it. I tried unistalling and reinstalling and that didn't work. When I click to play it says loading and then goes back to game manager. Anybody have a fix for this? I don't get it as the demo worked fine.

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Apr 1, 12 9:28 AM

Game worked fine on laptop, so bought it and wanted to play it on desktop and it won't fit on the monitor correctly on any resolution. Worked best at 800 x 600 but still not right

Gameslave
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Gameslave on Apr 1, 12 10:23 AM
Like Puppycookie, the demo worked perfectly and for awhile after purchasing.

Then froze on me. Now (apparently have lost all my previous game) it starts (and I am REALLY getting tired of that intro) after typing in name it crashes. I've also tried uninstalling, reinstalling and restarting computer. It either just bumps me out or gives me an error message.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Apr 1, 12 11:08 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to swim in with some extra help. For those running into graphic errors, freezing, etc. I’ve found that the steps at Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen (if you click the blue text it will take you right there) can help in some cases.

For those running into a issue with the widescreen, it looks like this game has an option to turn that off. If you start the game, then click “Settings”, you can un-check the mode for “Widescreen”. You’ll have to close and reopen the game for the settings to take effect, but that may help.

Of course if anyone is still running into trouble after this I would definitely get in touch with our Customer Support team. One of our Reps would be happy to help you out with your purchase and this helps us better track any issues the game might have.

Thank you and hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

[Post New]by puppycookie on Apr 1, 12 12:01 PM
Okay, I did all those things and game still does not work. How come the trial worked fine but does not work after I purchased it? Is something else downloaded when you purchase a game? I have always assumed that the trial is the same as the actual game itself. Please fix this.

Brynhildr
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Brynhildr on Apr 1, 12 2:06 PM
I was on the second quest when the game froze. Same issue of freezing up like everyone else.

[Post New]by melissankris on Apr 1, 12 3:28 PM
I have tried everything I can and now it erased all my game and then it will load only to name page and then it freezes. I really liked this game please fix errors.

Go to: