sanyr
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

TONGS

[Post New]by sanyr on Mar 31, 12 3:58 PM
cannot get the tongs to work any suggestions.

Re:TONGS

[Post New]by vadare on Mar 31, 12 6:43 PM
Neither can I.

mawhiteing
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by mawhiteing on Mar 31, 12 7:12 PM
Ditto!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 3, 12 4:10 AM
Hi Fishies,

I would just lke to address the issue that we know a lot of you are having with the tongs and the hot iron.

We are very sorry for this trouble but we are glad to have some good news on this for you!

We have found that when the flashlight is turned on, it is not possible to use the tongs. So, by ensuring that the flashlight is off, you should have more success.

Just to note, the flash light effect is subtle, especially in lighter scenes, so it may not be apparent it is on.

The flashlight can be switched on/off from lower right hand corner

I hope this is helpful!

Happy Gaming!

bfgBaikal

sanyr
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by sanyr on Apr 3, 12 6:46 PM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Fishies,

I would just lke to address the issue that we know a lot of you are having with the tongs and the hot iron.

We are very sorry for this trouble but we are glad to have some good news on this for you!

We have found that when the flashlight is turned on, it is not possible to use the tongs. So, by ensuring that the flashlight is off, you should have more success.

Just to note, the flash light effect is subtle, especially in lighter scenes, so it may not be apparent it is on.

The flashlight can be switched on/off from lower right hand corner

I hope this is helpful!

Happy Gaming!

bfgBaikal

sanyr
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by sanyr on Apr 3, 12 6:47 PM
my flashlight is OFF and tongs still do not work!!!!!!

sciencegal
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by sciencegal on Apr 3, 12 9:52 PM
Ditto.....made sure that the camera was off and still no luck. I have placed the iron in the fire but everytime I try to use the tongs or the bellows, it takes me to a cut scene where the finished iron is to fix a hole before I can use the bellows. I try a hint and it says to use the bellows. I really liked the game until now.

ourbar
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by ourbar on Apr 4, 12 9:13 AM
I went back and checked the flashlight and still no luck. The bellows and metal are already gone from the inventory so where do we go from here? This is a CE that I have paid more for so I would really like it to work! If it is my fault then I apologize in advance!!

skrap
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by skrap on Apr 4, 12 9:44 AM
I have turn of the flaslight, it was never on. I can not take the hot iron.
How do we do???

Edited on 04/04/2012 at 9:45:56 AM PST

skrap
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by skrap on Apr 4, 12 9:46 AM
skrap wrote:I have turn of the flaslight, it was never on. I can not take the hot iron.
How do we do???

[Post New]by angorafluf on Apr 4, 12 10:02 AM
Flashlight off - still tongs do not work! Now for some strange reason it worked! Go figure!

Edited on 04/04/2012 at 10:05:08 AM PST

[Post New]by DOXIELADY7 on Apr 4, 12 10:13 AM
I took the game off full screen at the suggestion of someone else in one of the other forum streams and it worked for me also when you pick up the finished piece off of the anvil I had to shrink the screen. See if this works for you.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 4, 12 10:19 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm swimming around in this Forum checking on how the ideas to get past the tongs glitch are working for you.

I also wanted to let you know that we are definitely still working hard to get this fixed!

Just in case you haven't seen this work-a-round yet, another thing we've seen work for some customers is to adjust the Display Setting of the game.

If you go to the Options Menu of the game, try turning Off the "Wide Screen" option and/or turning Off "Full Screen" mode.

As soon as we have any more updates, we'll be sure to let you all know.

In the meantime, please keep sending Customer Support information about any trouble you're having. This will help us figure out exactly where the issue is so we can get things fixed as quickly as possible!

And, since we do have a few different threads about this same issue, I'm going to go ahead and lock this one. That way we can all use the one I'm linking below to keep track of things and share any updates:

Tongs for hot iron this is working!!!!

Thanks everyone!

bfgMonongahela

Go to: