anabel1566
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

completing family tree

[Post New]by anabel1566 on Mar 31, 12 7:00 PM
The last portrait I needed was the one with red paint. When I placed it on the tree it went off to the right and is stuck there. I cannot move it. It's like it is frozen in place. I have exited the game, uninstalled and reinstalled and it is still stuck. How very frustrating this is because I don't think I can proceed any further. What a disappointment. Any suggestions???

Re:completing family tree

[Post New]by voraciousreader on Mar 31, 12 7:46 PM
ABsolutely same problem but with two stuck.

wd_athena
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by wd_athena on Mar 31, 12 9:17 PM
Dip it into the gas on the top floor and clean it. Then you can add it to the chart.

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Apr 1, 12 9:11 PM
I got that portrait, and cleaned it, but I cannot figure out where the portrait for "Victoria" was supposed to come from. I've gone back over the strategy guide three times. If anyone could help, I'd cdertainly appreciate it....$14 on the line!

tyroesse
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by tyroesse on Apr 1, 12 11:43 PM
Hello everybody!
The portraits you collect appear at the sides of the family tree and they are supposed to be movable. There are several ones which are already in the right places, though.
When all the portraits are found, you get the skip button recharging in its usual place in the left bottom corner. The task is to set the movable portraits to the right places according to the note in the right upper corner of the mini-game window.
Hopefully, it helps.

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Apr 2, 12 1:39 PM
Apparently the one for Victoria must be collected (I have all the others), but I have NO idea where to get it! Help???

[Post New]by 2009dietdi on Apr 3, 12 11:02 AM
i am having same problem i have got 2 portraits at the side of family tree which will not move anywhere. i have uninstalled and reinstalled but still the same , any help plz

mauntana
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by mauntana on Apr 3, 12 8:53 PM
2009dietdi wrote:i am having same problem i have got 2 portraits at the side of family tree which will not move anywhere. i have uninstalled and reinstalled but still the same , any help plz

You need to have collected four portraits. Open the family tree in inventory and place the four collected portraits on the side. The four you add are Phillip, Victoria, Elizabeth and Melissa.

Anything already on the tree cannot be moved.

When using the "guest list" for help in solving the tree, Margo = Margaret.

momoftoad
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by momoftoad on Apr 4, 12 12:32 AM
Victoria is in the drain by the washtub in the basement.

kass36
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by kass36 on Apr 4, 12 10:26 AM
there is nothing in my dairy about the code and the portrait is gone but I can move the numbers on the safe...I have deleted it and downloaded it again nothing seems to work sooo mad

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Apr 4, 12 6:36 PM
momoftoad wrote:Victoria is in the drain by the washtub in the basement.

Thanks much, but that doesn't help me. I'm in the last Chapter, and can only go so many places, which doesn't include the basement. Nothing chaps my hide more than a game that allows you to progress to another chapter without having obtained something that is essential to completing the game.

[Post New]by algirl on Apr 10, 12 9:55 AM
I have two portraits stuck on the sides also. I've been playing in hardcore mode so I decided to switch to casual and wait for the skip button to load then skipped the puzzle. Must be a glitch. Even if you can tell what the proper combination numbers are, you can't open the safe with them until the puzzle is completed. I tried.

Ralphe2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Ralphe2 on Apr 29, 12 7:18 AM
It'is the same for me the portrait of Élisabeth is frozen on right side.
Help me go to the end of this game.
thanks

jgj5
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by jgj5 on Apr 17, 13 5:07 PM
The code for the safe is 32568. After you have all the pictures wait for the skip button and click skip

[Post New]by rickwal on Jul 16, 14 2:10 AM
If you have two portraits stuck in the column, switch from your current mode (using difficulty option) to casual mode, this will then let you use the skip button to complete the puzzle, you can then switch back to your current mode.

Go to: