wd_athena
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

safe combination from family tree

[Post New]by wd_athena on Mar 31, 12 9:20 PM
how do you determine which numbers to use. The people are numbered on the chart, but the last digit of their birth date does not open the safe. Are you supposed to mix them up?

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:safe combination from family tree

[Post New]by belamba on Apr 1, 12 12:01 AM
I'm not able to open the safe, even though the note entry in the diary is the same as the family tree dates according to the roman numerals.
In theory the numbers should go into the safe in the same order as the last digit of the birth date of the family members according to the roman numerals.
i've tried lots of different combinations, but it won't open.
If you're playing advanced mode, a forum member suggests going to easy mode just for the safe problem as you can skip it. Then switch back to advanced mode.
I haven't tried that yet, but hope it works.

wd_athena
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by wd_athena on Apr 1, 12 10:14 AM
Doesn't seem to be a skip button for this problem. Can't continue without contents.
Anybody have a solution?

nennie
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by nennie on Apr 1, 12 11:46 AM
The combination was shown in the mirror...just follow the arrows exactly and the safe opens.... hope this helps...

tyroesse
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by tyroesse on Apr 1, 12 11:44 PM
Hello everybody!
The portraits you collect appear at the sides of the family tree and they are supposed to be movable. There are several ones which are already in the right places, though.
When all the portraits are found, you get the skip button recharging in its usual place in the left bottom corner. The task is to set the movable portraits to the right places according to the note in the right upper corner of the mini-game window.
When you finish the right combination will appear in the diary.
As to the arrows clue from the mirror it is for the heart medallion mini-game.
Hopefully, it helps.

[Post New]by whatever1962 on Apr 2, 12 1:35 AM
Hi Guy's,
try 53682 these worked for me, hope they help,
Cheers
)

kass36
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by kass36 on Apr 3, 12 2:50 AM
my family tree is gone,,so there is no way of finding out the code for the safe and there is no skip for this mini game

[Post New]by curlycat on Apr 3, 12 11:04 AM
I can't get the safe open either and I have tried everything suggested.There isn't a skip button for this puzzle. Help!

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Apr 3, 12 5:21 PM
well I'm really ticked off. I've been back to every location available to me (which is not many) and gone inch by inch over them and no portrait. So...I went to the safe anyway and tried to enter the code shown above ^^^ but you can't enter *any* code until you have all the portraits. SO, I can't do another thing and I'm out $14. Not happy with this game at all.

mauntana
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by mauntana on Apr 3, 12 8:46 PM
whatever1962 wrote:Hi Guy's,
try 53682 these worked for me, hope they help,
Cheers
)

The code is a random number using these 5 digits. Check the diary for your code.

kass36
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by kass36 on Apr 4, 12 10:22 AM
there is nothing in my dairy about the code!!!! can't find the picture anywhere but I can move the numbers on the safe this is so messed up

Margie413
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Margie413 on Apr 10, 12 3:01 PM
My problem is one of my portraits is stuck on the side & I can't move it.

[Post New]by katylou on Apr 15, 12 2:51 PM
I Had the same problem. There are alot of variables here that I tried so I'm not sure how I got it to work...but....
After I finished the family tree, the notebook entered a code of 86325. So I went to the safe and entered that in the same order. No luck. Oh yeh and i was playing in advanced mode. Then I went back into the notebook to see the instructions about the code being the last digit of everyone's first year. Which did include the numbers 86235. Coincidence? I think not. So I opened up the guide to see the picture of the family portrait. And the roman numerals I saw above the portraits matched the 86235 numbers that were the last digit of their first date, aka their birthfdate. So according to the guide's pic of the portrait, my code should have been 32856. That didn't work either. So then I came into the forum here to see what y'all had said. Alot of you said go to casual mode, which I did and that still didn't work nor did casual mode give me a skip option for this puzzle. So I exited the game entirely, still in casual mode, and got back in. I opened up the safe puzzle and entered 32856. Didn't work. Then I entered the original code that was entered in the notebook that was 86325. And that worked. Then I changed my game mode back to advanced and continued on. I hope that helps y'all cos that was making me kind of nuts for awhile.

[Post New]by MsStudious on Apr 18, 12 10:20 PM
Margie413 wrote:My problem is one of my portraits is stuck on the side & I can't move it.

I have the same problem. The portrait of Elizabeth is stuck on the right hand side of the screen and I cannot put it into place. The game doesn't recognize this mini-game as being completed, so I cannot move forward in the gameplay.

Is there a fix for this? Has anyone gotten tech support to help?

[Post New]by mlynn5555 on Apr 19, 12 11:41 AM
help- what is the combination to the safe? I am stuck and can't figure it out.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Apr 20, 12 10:42 AM
mlynn5555 wrote:help- what is the combination to the safe? I am stuck and can't figure it out.

The code is different in each game, so my combination will not work for you.

You have to find all of the portraits, put them in the correct places using the note you found to help you out with the family tree. When you have successfully completed this, the combination appears in your journal.

[Post New]by Chuluota on May 3, 12 9:57 AM
I have tried any and all combinations to open the safe.
Last digits of people's death did not work. Help

[Post New]by Chuluota on May 3, 12 10:20 AM
A big thank-you to KATYLOU.
I changed mode to a differant
level put 86325 in safe and it
opened. Thanks!

[Post New]by bowrybj on May 9, 12 3:06 PM
Hi....I tried all the combinations suggested on this one, nothing worked. Then I went back to the family tree, took the portraits off and put them back; as I was putting them back in place, I noted 5 of the portraits are numbered (Roman Numerals) in the upper left corner. Make sure those portraits are the correct ones. As you place them in their spot, the combination numbers FLY OFF the family tree!!!! now they are in the diary. If you don't have them, your portraits are not in the family tree correctly!! Good luck!! (my numbers were 32685)

[Post New]by sonjandon on May 25, 12 6:21 PM

guess I'm just dumb. No way can I make it work. I Quit. 3 days and 5 restarts.

Go to: