bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Solitaire Mystery: Stolen Power technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 3, 12 12:19 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

whizzie1
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

Re:Post any Solitaire Mystery: Stolen Power technical issues here only

[Post New]by whizzie1 on Apr 3, 12 4:50 AM
Just downloaded this game and found that in certain HOG scenes, the game jiggles/wiggles and flashes.making the game distracting when finding objects needed. Not sure what the issue is and this is my second download.

darksprires
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by darksprires on Apr 3, 12 8:13 AM
I guess this is another game I am not able to try. My screen resolution is wrong and there has been some sort of crash in the download.

I have a wide screen monitor and my pc is up to date. I don't see why I should alter anything on my new systems for the sake of one game available for purchase. As a customer, I expect the supplier, (the developers), to have made some sort of attempt to make a product I can at least view.

What a shame. Yesterday's game was great. I bought that.

sitecer
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by sitecer on Apr 3, 12 10:28 AM
You got farther than I did, I downloaded it and tried to run it. All I got was a black screen. When I tried to back out of it, the screen came on and I thought I was cooking. NO!!! The cursor was gone never to be seen again while in the game. To many bugs and not enough testing. Seems to happen way to often. What happened to the wonderful games BFG used to offer.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Apr 4, 12 12:56 AM
Well all I got was a 'white screen'...did ctrl/alt/del...uninstalled...no buy!

octavia13
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by octavia13 on Apr 4, 12 11:19 AM
I downloaded it ok, but didn't have time to play it all. When I went back to it, it started all over again from the beginning. Part way through I thought how repetitive it was and gave up. I love card games by the way, but it didn't do it for me.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 10, 12 11:00 AM
Hi Fishies,

It looks like there are a few issues with how this game is displaying.

The help article I'm linking below has some suggestions on things you can try to get that fixed:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

(Just click the blue text and you'll be taken right there.)

But if you try those ideas and are still having trouble - or if you'd just like some help going through some of the processes - it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to take a look at how the game is running on your computer and see how to get things fixed.

We've created a great post about how to contact them and send them info about the specific trouble you're having here:

How do I contact Tech Support?

I hope this helps!

bfgMonongahela

Nightowl33
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:black screen

[Post New]by Nightowl33 on Apr 10, 12 11:25 PM
I have all my drivers and systems up to date. Can't get this to run at all (I can hear music in the background so something is playing, it's just not VISIBLE). I'm uninstalling it and won't buy anything new unless it's capable of running on my computer. Want me as a customer? Then make sure your product actually works before you sell it.

[Post New]by vonissk1 on Apr 26, 12 9:24 PM
I played it for a while and everything was fine. Then I got to a place where even when the hint told me it was the correct object and I clicked and clicked but it just did nothing. So I just said forget it. Now that I have read more about it I would never buy it anyway.

LadyWyntre
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by LadyWyntre on Jan 1, 13 8:56 PM
darksprires wrote: I don't see why I should alter anything on my new systems for the sake of one game available for purchase.

My thoughts EXACTLY!

I've played a couple'a dozen BF games during my winter break and plenty more over the last year, and I had exactly *one* tech issue with a BF game over the last two years. I have a top-of-the-line Alienware system that runs far more demanding material than a solitaire game, and I'm definitely disinclined to tweak the system for one game with the potential of ruining others.

Edit: For the record, my experience was completely identical to sitecer's: black screen, alt-tab out and back, screen then appears but no cursor.

Edited on 01/06/2013 at 4:25:06 AM PST

Deeisme
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Deeisme on Mar 17, 14 5:56 PM
The ONLY thing about this Solitaire Mystery is that it is NO mystery, AT ALL!!!! I bought this game, a few years, back, but never played it much, until Sept. 2013. The game refused to run and white screened on my computer, giving me a 'code'....The code turned out to say I needed to change my password for BFG. It told me to un-install this game...change my BFG password, then re-install this game, which I did. This is, now, March 17, 2014 and this game refuses to load or do anything, at, no matter how hard I try. I, even, went so far as to hire a computer tech to help me....she said this game was buggy and to stay away from it. I TRIED to contact BFG, last Sept, Oct, Nov., Dec, Jan, Feb, and March 2014....BFG HAS NOT got back to me through e-mail, through my account, or by any means, whatsoever!!!!! ''STOLEN POWER"????? The ONLY thing that is STOLEN is my money and my game! DO NOT BUY this buggy game!!!!

[Post New]by myklou on Apr 26, 14 1:11 AM
whizzie1 wrote:Just downloaded this game and found that in certain HOG scenes, the game jiggles/wiggles and flashes.making the game distracting when finding objects needed. Not sure what the issue is and this is my second download. I have the same problem with mine ,i guess that the game who is f** d up......

[Post New]by moonrabbit92 on Jul 22, 14 5:52 PM
I can't play in windowed mode, because it says my resolution is not right. I've gone through every resolution, but I still can't play it in windowed mode.

Go to: