textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Comments for Solitaire Mystery: Stolen Power

[Post New]by textrekkie on Apr 3, 12 12:55 AM
A place for your comments about the game.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Re:Comments for Solitaire Mystery: Stolen Power

[Post New]by textrekkie on Apr 3, 12 12:56 AM
This is a hidden object game and not a card game?...

Edited on 04/03/2012 at 1:39:13 AM PST

mamachi
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by mamachi on Apr 3, 12 1:11 AM

Is this a game for children? The card games are over when you find the magic cards and you have to use a brush for cleaning the card and a key for open a card. It was very boring not a buy for me.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Apr 3, 12 1:12 AM
I found the game boring! That's all I can say.

anki6969
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by anki6969 on Apr 3, 12 1:47 AM
First, can some one help me?

I´m having a déja-vu feeling of this one.
I know I´ve seen these screens before (for example in the museum and at the home) for about 5 years ago (maybe even longer ) in a good old fashion hog (long before the HOPAs) but I can´t remember which?

Then I would like to add that I found it very tedious to always have to pick up the duster for every card even if you had several of them to dust.

It´s a no buy for me.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Apr 3, 12 2:01 AM
Same as yesterday's game, dead boring. If I want to play solitaire I can play the correct version on my own computer. The graphics were good, but what a lot of trouble to go to just to play cards.

I had one HOS the whole hour. Laying out money for this is just not going to happen, but for the dedicated few. Not one of those.

Sorry devs, standards are too high these days. Not the way to turn a profit.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Apr 3, 12 2:02 AM
I also found it very boring. I'd rather skip the card games and get on with the mystery but maybe if that were an option there would be little left to do (?). The gimmicks of a duster, spray can and key appear in the Demo. No doubt there are more to come as there is still plenty of room in the inventory. Those items were more of an annoyance than fun. There is more than one game but you do not receive instructions as to which you are playing. It doesn't take long to discover which one. There were only 2 games in the Demo. I quit with 6 min. remaining. I would have quit after the first card game but I do like the graphics and I kept hoping that there would be more HOS.

If you like pretty graphics and simple card games, this will suit you. It may be more enjoyable if you watch TV while you play. This is a No Buy for me and I have uninstalled it. I'd rather play Klondike.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Apr 3, 12 4:37 AM
This may have worked for a diversion from the genre I usually play until it got to the dusting of the cards. Please!! That is just irritating. Then they bring on the spray can and key to get cards? No Thanks.

The card games are fun and the hidden object scenes are very easy.

The first thing I noticed is that the opening scenes is a room stolen from another game. I can't tell you which game at the moment but I know I played a hidden object scene in there before.

Not for me. To many little irritations

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 3, 12 5:10 AM
I didn't mind the dusting and spraying, as long it didn't go over the top, and unfortunately it does after a while.

What I didn't like, and the reason I am not buying this game, are the graphics, which looked years old. And everything, except the cards, was static.

A very basic game, which is a shame, because I am always on the look-out for more Solitaire games that play the "1 higher - 1 lower" hands like Fairway, Avalon Legends, and Best in Show, etc.

ETA: Bratzgram... speaking about stolen rooms. When I got to the part where I was standing at the corner of a street, and looked up an apartment building, I could have sworn I saw that same scene in a HOG that was quite old.

Edited on 04/03/2012 at 5:12:25 AM PST

mweiher1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by mweiher1 on Apr 3, 12 6:35 AM
I, too, quickly became annoyed with the duster and spray can. The card games are so easy -- it's obvious the deck is stacked. (Play tripeaks/golf with real cards and you'll quickly discover how hard it is to win.) And only playing until you get to the magic cards makes it even less challenging.

Also, there's no assistance on what to do next if you brush past the dialog. I got stuck in one room with no card game, no HOS, an item sparkles but clicking it does nothing. Too bad I ignored what the lady said - I'm not interested enough to restart from the beginning.

Some graphics seemed to come from Art Mogul????

Put it at $2.99 and I might consider for the kids.

catzzz666
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by catzzz666 on Apr 3, 12 7:32 AM
I lasted 25 minutes before deleting the game. I have enough cleaning to do at home already without having to clean my games! What on earth were they thinking with this one? *slaps head*

gks1951
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by gks1951 on Apr 3, 12 7:39 AM
I have to agree enough with the card cleaning.Boring is the understatement,I wonder what hole they dredged this game out of, or should I say what century. No buy for me.

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Apr 3, 12 8:32 AM
(creeps in quietly) I rather liked this game - couldn't stop playing the demo (creeps out quietly)

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Apr 3, 12 8:39 AM
QEIII wrote:(creeps in quietly) I rather liked this game - couldn't stop playing the demo (creeps out quietly)

Too too funny! I'm with you, QEIII. So I guess I'll just creep out quietly with you.

ETA: Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I'm going to buy this game!

Edited on 04/03/2012 at 8:42:55 AM PST

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Apr 3, 12 10:00 AM
jinocchio49 wrote:
QEIII wrote:(creeps in quietly) I rather liked this game - couldn't stop playing the demo (creeps out quietly)

Too too funny! I'm with you, QEIII. So I guess I'll just creep out quietly with you.

You guys are too funny.

MEnr56

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Apr 3, 12 11:53 AM
If you are prone to any motion sickness..beware. The screen shot moves back and forth..yuck. Is maybe good as a daily deal, but it's a big maybe.

kimcol
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by kimcol on Apr 3, 12 4:49 PM
anki6969 wrote:First, can some one help me?

I´m having a déja-vu feeling of this one.
I know I´ve seen these screens before (for example in the museum and at the home) for about 5 years ago (maybe even longer ) in a good old fashion hog (long before the HOPAs) but I can´t remember which?

Then I would like to add that I found it very tedious to always have to pick up the duster for every card even if you had several of them to dust.

It´s a no buy for me.

I thought the same thing about the scenes Anki. I think there was a female museum curator, had short dark hair and glasses, and she had you finding all these things for her before she would help with your quest. Was it one of the Cassandra/Nostradamus games?

25 minutes of the demo for this game was enough for me. Picking up the duster and the bug spray became too tedious, and didn't find the story line interesting.

Edited on 04/03/2012 at 4:50:10 PM PST

MsWatts
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by MsWatts on Apr 3, 12 5:48 PM
jinocchio49 wrote:

Dear QEIII and Jinocchio ~~ third creeper here! When having to dust, spray, unlock, or whatever, I got a small feeling of "oh, boy, I wonder what card I'm gonna get" and eagerly did the task. I am buying this! Shhhhh?! LOL

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Apr 3, 12 6:08 PM
MsWatts wrote:
jinocchio49 wrote:

Dear QEIII and Jinocchio ~~ third creeper here! When having to dust, spray, unlock, or whatever, I got a small feeling of "oh, boy, I wonder what card I'm gonna get" and eagerly did the task. I am buying this! Shhhhh?! LOL

Good for you, MsWatts! OOPS! Did I say that too loud?
Also, Welcome to the pond!

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Apr 4, 12 1:45 AM
Thanks fellow creepers.

The reason I wrote that was because literally every poster was saying how they didn't like the game and I thought I might be shouted down for liking it. I felt I was the lone voice in the wilderness. But I'm sooo pleased other fishies liked it too!!!
Don't feel so lonely now!!

Go to: