bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Citadel Arcanes

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 3, 12 1:21 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Citadel Arcanes? We’d love to hear all about it, together with many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Citadel Arcanes page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Reviews for Citadel Arcanes

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 3, 12 1:21 AM
Hi fishies,

Just to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only. If you have any comments or questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. (As you could imagine, this feedback is very helpful! )

So to make sure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any comments and non-review posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

Lainie221
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Lainie221 on Apr 5, 12 9:00 AM
Citadel Arcanes is a charming Match 3 game that provides players the choice to meet objectives in the time allotted or to skip the deadline and continue playing the game. I’ve been playing for about 21 minutes and have decided to purchase the game while the 2-for-one Spring special is available.

The music is serene and unobtrusive at the low volume I generally play my games. To play the M3 boards, you must click on an object and exchange it with a nearby object to make the matches. I found it a bit confusing that the object stayed on the mouse until placed, and I made the mistake of thinking I could pick up an object and place it anywhere on the board to make a match, but the game won’t allow that. It’s simply a different type of «swap.» So far, I’ve played a somewhat sideways (view) standard board and one where the matches move a treasure chest along a path to freedom. Again, the way the chest moved was different from other games of the sort in that it was «traveling» along a path and not «falling» from matches made beneath it. Once you play the game you’ll see what I mean. Another board type had the player make matches surrounding a building placed on the board to turn the tiles underneath gold.

The resource building aspect of the game allows the player to place trees, buildings, and roads where desired within the green highlighted area. As long as the player has resources, he or she may build freely to make meeting building objectives easier later on. Unless the land opens up at later stages, though, space will be at a premium. Worth the purchase price for me.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on May 8, 12 4:46 AM
I played the demo hour and plan to buy it. It's a swap match-3, my favorite type of match-3. It's a bit different, and I appreciate that.

Some boards, the objective is to surround the building in the middle with colored tiles - you know, the ones you've made matches over. It's definitely a different thing than I've seen before. The piece movement is slow, but you can continue to create matches in the meantime - which could affect strategy a bit too.

My first impression of the music is that it's pleasant and peaceful.

Edited on 05/08/2012 at 4:47:35 AM PST

essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by essgee52 on May 8, 12 10:49 AM
I only lasted about 10 minutes with this one. The playing field is slanted to give it a 3D effect, and I found myself tilting my head to line up the matches. There is lots of dialog (written - no voiceover) and a story that didn't intrigue me at all. The objectives were not clear at all in the match 3 - I had no clue what I needed to collect. Not my cup of tea, or maybe I just need a nap!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 8, 12 11:39 AM
Very annoying, boring and bad game in my opinion. For me its definete a no buy

smjjames
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by smjjames on May 8, 12 12:03 PM
I did buy it, maybe out of boredom. I don't know if I find myself tilting my head, but maybe I can just picture it better than others.

Anyways, its an okayish game and could definetly use improvements.

Like others said, the pieces do move slowly, but its something you can take to your advantage as you can move pieces elsewhere. Seems like its intentional.

The build mode stuff could use some explaination since I didn't realize initially that the houses could be stacked and the map desperately needs to be able to be rotated. Come on, either allow the map to be rotated or make buildings transparent when you build behind them.

[Post New]by LavenderLion on May 13, 12 9:59 AM
I really like the slanted 3-D board, its unique and one of the reasons I bought the game. The different types of goals also make for variety from other Match 3 games (which I play a lot of!). Sometimes you are trying to get lots of resources, sometimes its getting a chest off the board, or surrounding a building in the center. Good relaxing music is also a plus.

My only problem is that there are not enough levels! I want more!

[Post New]by Gamers_Assoc on May 13, 12 4:20 PM

Edited on 05/14/2012 at 1:51:04 AM PST

Go to: