bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Alice and the Magic Gardens

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 4, 12 12:10 AM
Free the world of fairies from the grip of a dark magic in Alice and the Magic Gardens, a fun Match 3 game! Slide colored lockers into place to reveal the delicious fruits inside and then match identical fruits to earn points toward the completion of the level. Powerful bonus items like the Hammer and the Fruit Blaster add an extra element of fun to the already thrilling gameplay! Stop the evildoers and save the day in Alice and the Magic Gardens!

Re:Alice and the Magic Gardens

[Post New]by MarilynKelley on Apr 4, 12 12:23 AM
This is the same game as The Enchanted Islands...same music same bosses, same game play the only thing different is Alice instead of the good witch

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Apr 4, 12 12:24 AM
This one isn't for me. I don't like timers, and although the concept is a bit different, and I was able to keep up during the bit of the demo, I know from experience that these games change as you go along, and this one just doesn't grab me enough to want to keep on going. Can't believe I stayed up for this, lol. This hogger is hungry.

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Apr 4, 12 12:33 AM
As someone already mentioned the game is the same to Fruit Lockers 2 which the only reason I have Fruit Lockers 2 is because it was included in a collection of games. Definitely I will not be getting this ever.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Apr 4, 12 1:54 AM

I just tried Fruit Lockers (1) and it does have the same gameplay but this one is better because you can match while the pieces are in play and there is the "scramble" button.
Other than those features I see no difference other than earning sections of gardens. The graphics are pretty primitive, though, so it does takes away from the garden earning aspect.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 4, 12 3:38 AM
A recipe: How to chase me off the game that I like?

Create beautiful M-3 game, with build options and stunning graphics!

Now:
1) Add timer.
2) Force me to dig blank rectangles.
3) Make it complicate as much as you can.

Success! You are super-genius! Thank you very much...

[Post New]by sandispoetry2 on Apr 4, 12 4:15 AM
It's Fruit Lockers with a different name, game play isn't different enough for me.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 4, 12 5:25 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:A recipe: How to chase me off the game that I like?

Create beautiful M-3 game, with build options and stunning graphics!

Now:
1) Add timer.
2) Force me to dig blank rectangles.
3) Make it complicate as much as you can.

Success! You are super-genius! Thank you very much...

LOL I too was quite taken by the beautiful graphics and such. Then I saw the timer, and let it run out to see if I could continue after it was done with. Nope. Have to repeat level. And that alone did it for me.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Apr 4, 12 7:20 AM
Hmmmm. Another Match 3 game with no option for a relaxed mode. Even after all the posts I've seen in the past from fishies who will no longer purchase Match 3's with timed mode only. It seems the developers aren't listening.

This is a "no buy" for me because of the absence of a relaxed mode, also! The feature of building a garden is as plus, as I enjoy this sort of thing in games. But it doesn't outweigh the fact that the game has no relaxed mode.

For fishies that enjoy timed Match 3's, happy gaming!

Classicaljazz

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Apr 4, 12 7:34 AM
Not only won't I buy a game that has a mandatory timer, I won't even try it. I'm posting this for the benefit of any game developer who might be interested in increasing future game sales.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Apr 4, 12 10:15 PM
Bring this game out without a timer and I will be all over it!
The graphics are beautiful and I love the game.

Timer=A no buy for me.
BK

[Post New]by syllis on Apr 4, 12 10:54 PM
TIMER

No timer.....No sale.....Why dont developers start listening to what their
targeted customer wants.....
We dont want games without an option for a relaxed mode.

Its too bad really...I would have otherwise bought this game.

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Apr 5, 12 5:33 AM
I found this little game to be a challenge! I don't mind the timers. I also find the Match 3 genre is a nice change from the intense Adventure games. I like the fantasy games of most kinds for the fun factor involved. Thanks for the different choices BFG

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by moonryu on Apr 5, 12 1:18 PM
I like the game too, it challenging to try and figure out the stragety on which over to destory/click on those opening blank 'lockers' in order to not leave any lockers you have to work around.

But I really hate the timers, and though at times, nice to have, I play to relax, not stress out over a timer so though I bought the game -- just to see if there any redeeming features or something new.

Alas I was disappointed. I haven't totally given up on it yet but, I am close.

Ok -- now I am done. Alas -- I had hopes but between the timer and the dealing with blank/lockers, this game moved from challenging to frustrating. Don't play when I am frustrated.

Either remove the timer (or have an options to turn it off), or remove the blank lockers. Both make the game unplayable.

Edited on 04/05/2012 at 9:17:28 PM PST

Go to: