bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Alice and the Magic Gardens technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 4, 12 12:22 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 04/12/2012 at 12:34:57 PM PST

Re:Post any Alice and the Magic Gardens technical issues here only

[Post New]by amandella on Apr 4, 12 7:24 AM
I purchased this game after using the whole free 1 hour but when I loaded it, it did'nt have my previous history and I had to start again. I have just closed it after completing level 1 and went back to do level 2 but when I opened up the game, again my history hasn't been saved. I have no idea what to do and don't want to do level 1 for the third time! Ideas?

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Apr 4, 12 8:51 AM
When I exit the demo, I receive the following message: "Error: Access violation at 0x7C92A9CE (tried to write to 0x00030FFC), program terminated."

Annietano
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Annietano on Apr 4, 12 11:29 AM
I got the same error message as MarkAlan after playing the demo. Also, after I bought the game and went to play it again, it opened in a smaller window that I cannot expand. I had a full-screen during the demo, and the smaller screen is unacceptable. I've never had this particular problem before and don't know how to fix it, if I even can. I also had to start over as none of my history was saved. It's only been 2 minutes since I hit the "buy" button, and I'm already regretting it.

klm2395
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by klm2395 on Apr 4, 12 1:16 PM
I am also getting an error msj when I exit the game, but it is saving may progress now

[Post New]by bunnyhop000 on Apr 4, 12 1:30 PM
i also have a problem with the game not saveing:-(( Same error as MA and is really frustreded.......:

[Post New]by Shell24915 on Apr 4, 12 6:48 PM
amandella wrote:I purchased this game after using the whole free 1 hour but when I loaded it, it did'nt have my previous history and I had to start again. I have just closed it after completing level 1 and went back to do level 2 but when I opened up the game, again my history hasn't been saved. I have no idea what to do and don't want to do level 1 for the third time! Ideas?

[Post New]by Shell24915 on Apr 4, 12 6:50 PM
Hey, I hear u, and I'm having the same exact problem myself. It's really driving me bananas too!!

mamadoxie
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by mamadoxie on Apr 5, 12 10:00 AM
Same issue. Will not save progress. Always have to start over. Has anyone gotten an answer yet? I want a credit for this game. How about the rest of you?

bandonkr
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by bandonkr on Apr 5, 12 12:11 PM
I have had the error on exit from the program and my screen is left in a strange state - not quite a switch to a different resolution and not quite taking me back to my setup before playing the game. I see people here have reported the same problem.

I have hunted around through the FAQs etc and can't find any help.

This whole thing is not acceptable for me. I have to completely restart in order to get my scren back to my normal setup so I can work with it normally! I am going to ask for a refund - this is not a game I can keep playing. Too bad, because I was having fun with it.

picobird
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by picobird on Apr 5, 12 2:35 PM
I'm having the same problems as everyone above. Won't save progress, error when exiting. Hope they come up with a patch soon.

squishy2020
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by squishy2020 on Apr 5, 12 5:20 PM
It doesn't save progress for me either, very disappointed.

[Post New]by cek1958 on Apr 5, 12 9:55 PM
Ditto to all the above:
- my history didn't save over from the trial
- I've had to start a new game each time I open it
- full screen doesn not come up
- access violation occurs each time I close the game
- screen resolution does not return to normal after closing the game

Hey Big Fish? I hope you have a look at this soon please.

Thanks!

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on Apr 6, 12 1:49 AM
I am also having the same issue with it not saving.
It resets back to the very beginning each time - not happy as I really do not want to play level 1 for the 3rd time....

EndlessSerpent
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by EndlessSerpent on Apr 6, 12 3:23 AM
cek1958 wrote:Ditto to all the above:
- my history didn't save over from the trial
- I've had to start a new game each time I open it
- full screen doesn not come up
- access violation occurs each time I close the game
- screen resolution does not return to normal after closing the game

I'm also having all the above same problems. Please help. It's very annoying.

Edited on 04/06/2012 at 3:24:00 AM PST

[Post New]by MntlMstr on Apr 6, 12 4:51 PM
I am having the same issue with the game not saving when exiting out. The game does not close out properly, either. Every time I start the game up, it is in a small screen with no sound. This can be changed in the options menu, but I have to redo it every time I start it up.

[Post New]by beaderbabs on Apr 7, 12 12:20 PM
MarkAlan wrote:When I exit the demo, I receive the following message: "Error: Access violation at 0x7C92A9CE (tried to write to 0x00030FFC), program terminated."

I have the same problem when closing the game. The game has only crashed once but I get the message every time I close the game.

Edited on 04/07/2012 at 12:21:45 PM PST

mmaxell
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by mmaxell on Apr 7, 12 12:26 PM
I had the same issue with it not saving my game. I called Cust Serv and they ran a Dr. Felix and determined that it was a Norton 360 issue. They sent me a link to change the settings and now I can play the game and have it saved - Yeah!!

[Post New]by SuzieW on Apr 8, 12 2:48 PM
Yes, same thing for me. Got to the third garden, closed it, said it was saving the game. When I opened it back up, it didn't even save my name and the whole game was gone, had to start all over again.
Very disappointing!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 8, 12 3:27 PM
Hi Fishies,

It sounds like a couple of different technical issues are coming up for some of you with Alice and the Magic Gardens.

If you're running into an Access Violation message, you can find some suggestions on how to troubleshoot that issue in this help article:

Access Violation

If you're having trouble with the game not saving, you might try some of the ideas in this article:

Game Not Saving

But if you try those suggestions and are still having trouble - or if you'd just like some help going through the processes - it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support. As mmaxell said, they can take a look at what's going on with your specific computer and see how best to fix the issue for you.

Here's a great post about how to get in touch with them and send them info about the game and how it's running on your computer:

How do I contact Tech Support?

I hope this helps!

bfgMonongahela

Go to: