bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Jigsaw Boom technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 4, 12 12:29 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 03/29/2018 at 2:46:28 PM PST

mweiher1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Post any Jigsaw Boom technical issues here only

[Post New]by mweiher1 on Apr 4, 12 6:20 AM
I've already installed/uninstalled/reinstalled 2x, so I give up.

Game appears to start up correctly. After the bomb loading reaches 100%, I get a black screen with lame puzzle-shaped fireworks graphics. If I shift apps, I get images of the game desktop - but when I click on it, I get the fireworks.

I'm running a Lenovo x220 Tablet with the screen set to landscape secondary. Some games want to only work on landscape primary, so I've already tried switching back.

I'm running Win7 Professional 64 bit with 8gb RAM, hardware should not be an issue.

Ideas?

rogerscove
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by rogerscove on Apr 4, 12 7:09 AM
Game crashed twice after only two minutes of play. I uninstalled and won't bother re-installing since it doesn't seem to worth the trouble.

[Post New]by Its_Karma on Apr 4, 12 8:38 AM
The game installs just fine, but all I ever see is a black screen with fireworks following my mouse around. I checked all of the system requirements and that is not the problem.

essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by essgee52 on Apr 4, 12 2:08 PM
I have downloaded it twice, but it's not in the game manager. Too bad, I love jigsaws.

MILLIE31651
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by MILLIE31651 on Apr 5, 12 3:10 PM
MINE WORKED FINE FOR THE TRIAL, SO I JUST BOUGHT IT. NOW IT WON'T PLAY. ALL I GET IS " ERROR ACCESS VIOLATION " MESSAGE. I HAVE WINDOWS XP IF THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE.

NBliving
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by NBliving on Apr 5, 12 5:07 PM
D/L went fine, played just great, put together two puzzles then decided to do a puzzle with more pieces, was going along fine, then the puzzle 'came apart' from where I had put it together, tried to move it back together but would not budge.

Uninstalled, no buy

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Apr 7, 12 1:24 PM
This is really too bad. I love doing Jigsaw puzzles, but I seem to be having the same issue of problems as others are. My PC is only a year old, and I have Windows 7.

Game installs fine, then upon start, goes through the first couple of screen prompts, then nothing but a black screen, and cursor moving fireworks. I was going to uninstall and reinstall to see if that would resolve the problem, but after coming here and reading that others did the same to no avail, I've decided not to waste more of my time in trying.

Oh well... bummer.

[Post New]by MissRai on Apr 10, 12 4:25 PM
I was fine with the one hour sample play, so I bought it. Big mistake. This game has no memory. I was half way through a 120 piece puzzle and had a pop-up interruption. When I tried to go back to the same puzzle I had a not-so-nice surprise. Not only did the game NOT remember my name, making me enter my name anew, the puzzle had reset to the original extra large 17 piece game. All of my progress was gone. Please install memory to this game.

I want my game tokens back.

CajunDelux@aol.com

Hidey_Hole
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Hidey_Hole on Jun 6, 12 9:35 AM
Check the files in this game. I found the file pzls.xml (eye readable) from Notepad contains profanity.

I don't care how neat the game is, having something like that in that easily accessible form on my computer is NOT acceptable.

GAME REMOVED!

ktk514
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by ktk514 on Oct 2, 12 9:39 AM
Mine will play fine for a while then it freezes up. Few seconds later the screen goes black. I have to manually turn the computer off and then back on. It just gets stuck that way. Unfortunately, it appears there have been known problems for quite a while - which I did not know of until I bought it today. BF, why are you still selling games with known issues?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 2, 12 10:55 AM
Hi ktk514,

I'm sorry you're having a problem with this game freezing on you! With that sort of issue, the first thing we suggest is checking for updates to your video card and graphics drivers. You can read more about how to do that in our help article here.

If that doesn't help, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They have the tools to see how the game is running on your particular computer and can work with you directly on some more specific troubleshooting from there.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Go to: