Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

Re:MCF 2012... Picman's official clues and intrigue

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 6, 12 5:33 PM
cadfael - or Rohirric!!! (now look up "Eoarod" )

I'd post this in Tengwar or Dwarvish - but we seem to have realized funky fonts don't post well!!

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Nov 6, 12 5:39 PM
This is a test, ignore it
Ãàáâäæå?šß???ž??ç?ñ??êèéë??ÿ?ùûüú??ïíîìòœôöó?øõ

Michonne
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Michonne on Nov 6, 12 5:40 PM
wow great solving everyone. it looks like it was crazy in here for a while. i love how close some people are and how far off others are with their guesses.

playzmuzic
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by playzmuzic on Nov 6, 12 5:44 PM
And because I voted, I missed it all...
Now I need a

AndrewB179
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by AndrewB179 on Nov 6, 12 5:46 PM
weissvonnix wrote:
Eoarod wrote:
shorenuf wrote:Great Job!!!!! -- Some devious clever minds a foot at BFG headquarters, but you all are keeping them on their toes. Problem is the next clue will be even more obscure.

Ohhhhhh!! I hope the next one is in Klingon!!!

How about Sumerian cuneiform scripts?

Oh, great, maybe we'll summon Gozer by accident...

bri_rose1978
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bri_rose1978 on Nov 6, 12 5:55 PM
AndrewB179 wrote:
weissvonnix wrote:
Eoarod wrote:
shorenuf wrote:Great Job!!!!! -- Some devious clever minds a foot at BFG headquarters, but you all are keeping them on their toes. Problem is the next clue will be even more obscure.

Ohhhhhh!! I hope the next one is in Klingon!!!

How about Sumerian cuneiform scripts?

Oh, great, maybe we'll summon Gozer by accident...

Well, at least we know who to call in that event...

Ismene
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by Ismene on Nov 6, 12 6:27 PM
shorenuf wrote:Okay all you smart people -- have we gotten a map?

Several people in the "what would you like to see" thread asked for a map that would let us quick-jump to a location, instead of having to click through multiple scenes to get there. Maybe we're getting one?

(I think this has been suggested before in this thread, but this is not the night to try complicated web searches from a US computer.)

[Post New]by Crystalscove22 on Nov 6, 12 6:30 PM
Hondo wrote:
susanszy wrote:But wait...are we right? Will we get a confirmation of that?

You'd get the exact solution by putting all 3 words together on the same line and then running the phrase through Google Translate, but you were definitely close enough!

Well, you've definitely earned your badges today! We'll be back tomorrow with a fresh puzzle. But until then, with these clues in your casebook, I can't wait to see which directions you'll go in your speculation!

(This is still the speculation thread, right?)

Hondo
Community Manager

I follow along and have had an idea or two but not nearly as smart as any of you out there...but I have been wondering...how do use use maps..or know which" direction" to follow? Use latitude and longitude? Is there something in any of the clues that we ( I say " we " like I'm part of the "solvers"...lol,) but something in a clue or upcoming clue that can lead us to the location - via- latitude longitude? Just a thought.

shanette1706
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by shanette1706 on Nov 6, 12 6:31 PM
Good morning Team Trip P!!!!

Unfortunately I see I've missed almost all the action.. -emo- Ah well, I'll be looking forward to the next clue.

An obscure clue? Aw come on we accomplished Greek and Azerbaijani, what else ya got? (Love the Gozer idea btw xD)

Edit: But of course I forgot to say: AWESOME JOB to all the smart fishies who solved the clues!!!!

Edited on 11/06/2012 at 6:36:15 PM PST

SabreQueen
Clownfish
Clownfish
658 Posts

[Post New]by SabreQueen on Nov 6, 12 6:37 PM
But until then, with these clues in your casebook, I can't wait to see which directions you'll go in your speculation!

(This is still the speculation thread, right?)

Hondo
Community Manager

HMMMM we COULD speculate on the status of some peoples parents marital status ( or lack there in) But as behooves us well behaved Master Detectives we shall honourably refrain.
How about we speculate that the game will definitely be using TV's or videos again?

(commented on in a previous post)

shanette1706
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by shanette1706 on Nov 6, 12 6:42 PM
I definitely think so, SabreQueen, because of the Paranormal Investigator posting! I'm sure we'll see at LEAST one of that in the game. More so of video than TV, probably.

SabreQueen
Clownfish
Clownfish
658 Posts

[Post New]by SabreQueen on Nov 6, 12 6:57 PM
How about- that an ancient evil has been awakened and is responsible for the town's demise and we haffta find a way to put it back?

susanszy
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by susanszy on Nov 6, 12 7:06 PM
SabreQueen wrote:How about- that an ancient evil has been awakened and is responsible for the town's demise and we haffta find a way to put it back?

Right! And who ya gonna call? MD!!!!

playzmuzic
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by playzmuzic on Nov 6, 12 7:18 PM
If the ancient evil is Charles undead zombie brother, I'll just take it as a sign that his entire family is beyond saving.

ETA: Hey, when did I become a non-guppy?

Edited on 11/06/2012 at 7:18:59 PM PST

[Post New]by Crystalscove22 on Nov 6, 12 7:27 PM
picman050967 wrote:Sorry. Slept most the weekend. Trying to shake this thing. Had the chills too. Off to see the doc tomorrow.

"It isn't fixed raid."

The clue above is from a neighbor of my friend Georgia; she does not speak the king's tongue and she's one of Prince Caspian's 5 friends!

Picman

[b] I had another brainstorm...well more like an nagging intuition....I was stuck on the 'doc' word all day and then Hondo also mentioned it in another post...I know someone looked up all the possible meanings & etc...but I just did a basic google search of 'doc' and every single thing that came up was ...DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS. why I think this is important..I don't know...but I did have kinda a goosebump thing when I realized what I was seeing...thats all..I'm sure means nothing

MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 6, 12 7:30 PM
Whoa, I'm a lobster now! I think that Department Of Corrections might be the right track. Since it seems as if we are not going to be anywhere in the U.S. I'm still hoping for Scotland as the place where this MCF is going to take place. Well that's all for now I'm off to bed. See you all in the morning.

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Nov 6, 12 7:52 PM
Based on the sheriff station in the FB pics, I think the game will more than likely take place somewhere in the U.S.

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 6, 12 8:00 PM
Great Expect...erm...Speculations!!

'Grats on all the swiftly morphing fishies!

I'll update Theories in the am!! I'm going over and over our solutions, but so far haven't come up with anything new to speculate upon - we have some killer thoughts!!

SabreQueen
Clownfish
Clownfish
658 Posts

[Post New]by SabreQueen on Nov 6, 12 8:02 PM
Crystalscove22 wrote:
picman050967 wrote:Sorry. Slept most the weekend. Trying to shake this thing. Had the chills too. Off to see the doc tomorrow.

"It isn't fixed raid."

The clue above is from a neighbor of my friend Georgia; she does not speak the king's tongue and she's one of Prince Caspian's 5 friends!

Picman

[b] I had another brainstorm...well more like an nagging intuition....I was stuck on the 'doc' word all day and then Hondo also mentioned it in another post...I know someone looked up all the possible meanings & etc...but I just did a basic google search of 'doc' and every single thing that came up was ...DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS. why I think this is important..I don't know...but I did have kinda a goosebump thing when I realized what I was seeing...thats all..I'm sure means nothing

REEELY liking Dept of Corrections-

purplealikat
Herring
Herring
395 Posts

[Post New]by purplealikat on Nov 6, 12 8:05 PM
Hmmmmm.....I've found that Sheriff isn't necessarily in the US.

Sheriffs can be similar to bailiffs in Ireland, Australia and Canada
Sheriffs are judges in Scotland
A Sheriff is a ceremonial position in England, Wales and India
(Thanks Wikipedia)

There are even more listings there. So......we may not be tied to the US by the word Sheriff on the picture.

Go to: