One of the scene is not opening

[Post New]by ssadhana on Nov 19, 14 7:52 AM
I have problem in the game "Midnightcastle"one of the area id(26) not opening at all, I have enough money but its not opening at all, without that I can not continue the game pl fix problem as soon as possible, so I can play the game.

jemom2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by jemom2 on Nov 19, 14 5:13 PM
I have been playing MC since February and have enjoyed it immensely. However, on Oct 20th my bank account showed BF withdrawing $7.14. I posted this concern as I did not make a purchase, I received no reply nor any refund. Now my bank shows you withdrew another $7.14 on Nov. 19th and I know I did not make a purchase. Please correct this problem and refund my money. I am going to disconnect my payment method and refrain from any more purchases until this is fixed.
If this is the wrong place to post this issue, please let me know and pass the info along.
If this goes uncorrected I will be making a big noise to all your players, on all your forums. I have legitimately purchased items and feel that this is reprehensible if uncorrected.

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Nov 19, 14 9:08 PM
2 flowers in the Castle Vicinity that do not reward with coins as the 5th flower:

side of cliff between burnt Tree and Road Sign

wolf's hind quarter, left side of pathway to castle

[Post New]by darla47 on Nov 20, 14 1:40 PM
i am on a p.c. and all day my timer has not worked got through only one time.

[Post New]by YooperDogLady on Nov 21, 14 4:33 AM
ssadhana wrote:I have problem in the game "Midnightcastle"one of the area id(26) not opening at all, I have enough money but its not opening at all, without that I can not continue the game pl fix problem as soon as possible, so I can play the game.

same for me... can't go any further..UGH

kashmatash
Clownfish
Clownfish
628 Posts

[Post New]by kashmatash on Nov 21, 14 10:19 AM
YooperDogLady wrote:
ssadhana wrote:I have problem in the game "Midnightcastle"one of the area id(26) not opening at all, I have enough money but its not opening at all, without that I can not continue the game pl fix problem as soon as possible, so I can play the game.

same for me... can't go any further..UGH

If I'm understanding correctly, it seems you are level 25 and trying to open the Ancient Park for 10,000. You need to be at level 26 to open this area. Many players got stuck here because there are still character quests to be finished that will level you up to 26. Check all characters to see what quests you have left to finish.

Hope this helps.

[Post New]by YooperDogLady on Nov 21, 14 2:28 PM
No I am at level 26... this is the only thing I have to finish up is the quests from this spot as of right now I can't move on. I need to check Valeria's Sprit for the self discharging controller.... so I can't do anything at this point.. the icon is there with stars all around but tap on it and flag drops down but check mark is greyed out... frustrated!!

[Post New]by equinedriven2 on Nov 22, 14 12:00 PM
Im having an issue in level 39. I want to say Valeria...the lady under the dwarf castle with the 2 new scenes...her quest is to 'explore the burnt tree' 2x. There is no object defined that you have to find. I have explored it 2x ...recieved 2 different objects yet no credit comes up toward this quest. All the other characters and quests have objects defined that you have to find. Im wondering how many times Ill have to play this scene in order to get whatever it is that she wants with nothing defined.

[Post New]by adelaidean_lady on Nov 23, 14 8:31 AM
error code 208.
For the past month I have been getting this message when I try too log into the game.
I get this box come up on loding game , it says , there is a new update for this game. Press OK too install it . It said game could not be found, error code 208.

just tried again now im getting ....
The game could not launch , please try uninstalling and re installing with the Error Code 900

Now Im on level 26 , i can get into the game if I dismiss the the update box . I get here through just double click on the game icon , but if I try getting into the game via the ( Big Pond / My Games ) I get the afore mentioned Error Code 900

So if I uninstall then reinstall game will my status still be level 26 ???? or am I booted back to level 1 ???

Please Advise

Thankyou

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Nov 23, 14 5:00 PM
adelaidean_lady wrote:error code 208.
For the past month I have been getting this message when I try too log into the game.
I get this box come up on loding game , it says , there is a new update for this game. Press OK too install it . It said game could not be found, error code 208.

just tried again now im getting ....
The game could not launch , please try uninstalling and re installing with the Error Code 900

Now Im on level 26 , i can get into the game if I dismiss the the update box . I get here through just double click on the game icon , but if I try getting into the game via the ( Big Pond / My Games ) I get the afore mentioned Error Code 900

So if I uninstall then reinstall game will my status still be level 26 ???? or am I booted back to level 1 ???

Please Advise

Thankyou
The game save is safe since it is in a different area than the game itself. If you want to back-up your game just in-case something may go wrong, here is the thread I started ( Important Info For PC Users, Backing-up Your Game... )

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/295878.page

Toffifee
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,383 Posts

[Post New]by Toffifee on Nov 24, 14 11:36 AM
Hi adelaidean_lady,
I have never been able to play this game via Game Manager - perhaps you may try to play it as administrator? (go to programme file and right-click on the grey Midnight Castle icon)
Good luck

[Post New]by aquarius123 on Nov 24, 14 10:47 PM
Big problem playing the game at the moment on my PC with Windows 8.1. Game will not unpack, mentions Error LP5 and to contact the author... Have reported to Bigfish games support as well.

jopin511
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jopin511 on Nov 25, 14 8:30 AM
I wish the developers would just put out a notice that they cannot fix some issues with the game. It would curb some of the frustrations while playing. Examples of unfixable problems are: 1) morfing flowers don't always award coins when total reaches 5. And heaven forbid you get the gem award twice in a row - it never gives the 2nd gem. 2) the timer issue. We are not so dumb or blind that we cannot notice that after clicking the last item the timer still moves before it resets to 0:00 and the summary screen time is more than the last time shown before the 0s. Personally I think there is too much unneeded glitz in the HOS scenes. You don't need the sparkling auras following the object to the list box. All it really does is obscure the screen as they pass through making objects hard to see.
There is nothing wrong with admitting you cannot fix it. It would probably stop a lot of technical complaints for you and lessen our frustration.

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Nov 25, 14 12:04 PM
Picking flowers - missing coins

In mystery chamber with 4 flowers - saw flower just to the right of the crow, Prof. Pinfeathers. Clicked on it - flower count reset to zero but no coins.

[Post New]by lakelover on Nov 25, 14 12:30 PM
I played the game for over an hour and finally got done with a few tasks started on another bunch of tasks and got booted out of the game. Lost everything I did and all the money I collected to get to the 5000$ I needed to create one stupid item. I have deleted the game in pissed of mode. Bye

Nannydsc
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Nannydsc on Nov 28, 14 11:21 AM
Hi there,

Is the Castle being robbed?
I'm at level 44, and during the last half hour with the game CLOSED I lost coins, diamonds and stamps...
In diamonds and stamps the loss is not big (2 or 3 each) but in coins I lost from 70.014 to 57320!!!!!!

Can anyone help, please!?

Nanny

starcaller
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by starcaller on Nov 28, 14 3:45 PM
Hello there

I am on level 37 and the crow professor gave us an assortment of tasks with the metal fellow, the detective and the witch. His tasks were under the heading of vital concerns.

I had previously completed the detective and the metal mans task and the witch had multiple crafting tasks. I just completed all the witchs tasks thus completing vital concerns however after getting the reward from the witch for the sixth and final task, the game flicked me back to the fourth task.

It has taken me ages to complete this final three tasks as she wants multiple crafting items and a lot of the items required come from the same area.

Can this be fixed as I am a bit over it. So far this has been a good game but it does get boring going to the same old HO constantly.

SIMMOJU
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by SIMMOJU on Nov 28, 14 9:46 PM
My server for the game disconnected,when I got back in all my progress for the session had been lost AND all my friends gifts too.
This included 2 crafted items .
The game has not reset to before this session ,just deleted all gains.

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Nov 28, 14 10:49 PM
No stamps tonight. Played over 50 HOS and not a stamp in sight. No brown, no green, no blue, not even a white one.

Never mind - I just got a blue one.

Edited on 11/28/2014 at 10:52:02 PM PST

[Post New]by RockinGrammy on Nov 29, 14 8:56 AM
Last night a little bit after 12 midnight the server was "unable to connect to server." I clicked the try again button to only get the same message.

I restarted my computer and went back into Midnight Castle. I got in with no problem. What I found missing was extremely frustrating. This is not the first time of losing progress and missing items.

I spent a lot of gold coins to get a few unique stamps to make the "Seal of Prayer." With needing 2 of them, I made the one and only needed 1 more unique stamp to make the 2nd one to finish my quest.

When the "unable to connect to server" appeared, I couldn't get back to my game and had to restart my computer. I sure would like to know what happened to my progress and lost items.

I lost my "Seal of Prayer" that I had already made and it took me back to needing 2 of them again. I lost a unique stamp and quite a few gold coins and diamonds.

As for progress, I should be on level 44 working towards level 45. My level is now back to 42.

This is not the first time that the same problems have happened to me. I really wish the ones who make these games would take their time and get things right. Not be in such a hurry and have more problems on top of other problems that already exist.

I would also really like to be able to play the free games offline. This staying connected and then having to go through the "unable to connect to the server" and then losing items and progress is very shady to me.

For a lot of players it has been more stressful, upsetting and very frustrating to spend real money for gold and coins and play the game for hours to only lose the progress you made. The enjoyment of playing "Midnight Castle" is no longer fun to play and it is causing more undue stress and frustration. Yes, to some it may just be a game. As with anything else in life............what you spend time and money on you sure would like it to work right and not be plagued with constant problems.

Go to: