Senior Citizens sign in!!

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by keitht53 on Feb 12, 18 2:33 PM
Whilst it's nice to be able to get some free boosts and free time, it would be nice if they could come up with an alternative to Everest Challenge. It does get a bit repetitive.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 12, 18 2:47 PM
I agree its repetitive, but its only 5 levels to get through and they are usually dead easy, only a few have been a bit tricky and required to be repeated. Maybe, just maybe, they are so busy developing new cities that they haven't had time to devise another method of giving us 2 hours of unlimited lives (apart from the marathon which isn't available to all players anyway)?

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Feb 12, 18 2:49 PM
Yes, indeed. I find Everest rather repetitive too and don't play it every time it is on. In fact I much prefer the rewards and 1 hour of infinite lives of the marathon that lets you get on in your current city. Even taking into account that I might have bad luck once and get caught gathering resources for one of the last monuments.

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Feb 14, 18 3:53 AM
jules mentioned earlier in the thread about problems with shipping since the last update. I've just had personal experience of that for the first time. I was playing last last evening so didn't speed up shipping but left it to run overnight. I had shipped from 9 locations but only received from one when I opened up today. That cost me 120k bricks and delayed completion of a city. Annoying but not the end of the world as I have plent of resources to play with. Had it happened in the early days when resources were scares it would have been really demoralising.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 14, 18 5:34 AM
Just following up here on the comment by Keith about the shipping. Customer service did end up getting back to me, I followed the instructions for deleting the app totally and re downloading it and installing it again. It is working a lot better on most of the issues, like the lives regenerating time, but still sometimes does not countdown if I turn the app or the ipad off to go to sleep, but the shipping thing is still happening to me, and it took me about 8 hours in all of stuffing around coming back to the ipad to keep checking on the progress of every city as it downloaded after the reinstallation. It nearly drove me insane. But the worst thing is, its NOT fixed properly, so there must be some glitch in that last Miami update for sure. I have yet to hear back from customer service since letting them know the supposed fix did not fix it.

[Post New]by memepat on Feb 14, 18 11:20 AM
Does anybody know what the reward is in Shanghai HH at level 49? It's a question mark and these have sometimes been valuable, but I don't want to waste my time getting to it if it's something I don't need. Thanks.

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Feb 14, 18 12:36 PM
memepat wrote:Does anybody know what the reward is in Shanghai HH at level 49? It's a question mark and these have sometimes been valuable, but I don't want to waste my time getting to it if it's something I don't need. Thanks.

49 is not a hh, but a goody box, like you get in every city in the 40's and 80's where the mission is the resource mart. Once you have gotten the goodies, there is no way to see what they consisted of, so I can't help you ghere.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Feb 14, 18 2:45 PM
Those ticks mean an airplane drop of resources and in the 40’s usually around 120,000k bricks and maybe a couple of green gems. For the one in the 80’s usually 120,000k hats plus a couple of gems. I haven’t kept a record but I see in I did in Queenstown and level 42 it was 180,000k bricks and 2 gems and at level 82 was 180,000k hats and 2 gems so throughout the game even up to Miami it is pretty much the same. You have to tap on the box to open it and get the rewards.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Feb 15, 18 10:54 AM
Actually, regarding the air drops, the amounts of resources seem to be determined by the monuments requirements, I just got the drop in Istanbul at 84 and it was 1.8 million blues plus 30 green gems!
A side note; Trav3lbird and I are having PM glitch problems again!

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Feb 15, 18 11:43 AM
GamingGrampa wrote:Actually, regarding the air drops, the amounts of resources seem to be determined by the monuments requirements, I just got the drop in Istanbul at 84 and it was 1.8 million blues plus 30 green gems!
A side note; Trav3lbird and I are having PM glitch problems again!

Thanks for that info GamingGrampa, I am in Istanbul right now, but I never pass by on those air drops, if I don't need all the resources I can sell them off later.

CliveJ
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by CliveJ on Feb 15, 18 9:11 PM
Just found two unopened boxes in Tokyo at the levels 24 and 83. Don't think they were there before, but I could be wrong.- after all, this is a seniors thread and allowances must be made!
Contents were 400 of those useless (to me) flight tickets and three of the kite boosts.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Feb 15, 18 11:52 PM
CliveJ wrote:Just found two unopened boxes in Tokyo at the levels 24 and 83. Don't think they were there before, but I could be wrong.- after all, this is a seniors thread and allowances must be made!
Contents were 400 of those useless (to me) flight tickets and three of the kite boosts.

Three kite boosts is a nice find, I found a slot machine on a HH level that I did not build on my first trip through, I've only won one jackpot though, bummer!

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Feb 15, 18 11:53 PM
I have green ticks at those levels in Tokyo, so those boxes must have been there before. It is so long ago that I was there, I really don't remember.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Feb 16, 18 6:25 AM
Day 150 on the treasure chest and the reward is----------- 3 lightning bolts. For a game as creative as GD, this is a serious lack of imagination.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Feb 16, 18 8:35 AM
globetrotter217 wrote:I have green ticks at those levels in Tokyo, so those boxes must have been there before. It is so long ago that I was there, I really don't remember.

I had forgotten all about the last train car I needed to win to get the 400 coins, I tried and tried, got frustrated and moved on, and I probably didn't want to spend the coins to build the slot machine at the time, not that it is really worth anything but it is kind of fun to drop a couple coins in.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 16, 18 2:45 PM
Just to let you guys know, the issues with my glitch on the game are getting worse. I am ranting on here in the hope that something will happen to magically fix it. Last played a few levels yesterday around 4pm, used 4 of 5 lives. Had to go out and do other things all evening, when I turned it on again around 11pm, NO lives left at all, said 7 hours or so till one regenerates. Shut down, booted up, time adjusted to about 2 hours till next life. Kept shutting down and rebooting. Every time, it altered the time but it never once gave me back my 5 lives, still waiting. Went to bed, played a few other games as still no life on GD, checked GD, only option was to ship and go to sleep, got halfway though, turned it off as couldn't stay awake any longer. That was around 1.30am. Now, at nearly 10am, I STILL have no lives, the shipping has added more time on, finished the remaining cities for shipping and now they too have an hour or so added to the time since rebooting yet again, (done it over 15 times this morning, keeps adding or subtracting time but not fixing it). I am currently having to now leave GD open and turned on in order for the clock to even countdown. Got 41 mins to next life, when I get that, should I lose it, it will then probably be around 8 hours till the next one. WHY am I having these issues? Customer support has got back to me but they are of no help whatsoever this time. And its still the ONLY game or app that has this problem.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Feb 16, 18 6:18 PM
Jules, I’m so sorry to hear you are having all these problems. I wonder if anyone else has anything similar? How are any other Aussie players getting on?

[Post New]by Thornee on Feb 16, 18 7:30 PM
I'm 62 and love the game. can go back and finish things i left behind.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Feb 16, 18 7:49 PM
No help, but just a note to tell Jules I feel her pain. Good luck to you in getting the game back.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Feb 16, 18 11:31 PM
Jules, I'm really sorry not to be able to help you.
Like Snow, I hope you'll get your game fixed soon.

Go to: