DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Comments for House of 1000 Doors: The Palm of Zoroaster Collector's Edition

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Apr 5, 12 12:23 AM
Hi there,
Having already purchased this game from the devs site because I was too impatient to wait for it to arrive here, I highly recommend this game as a very worthy sequel to the first "House of 1000 Doors".
I hope you all enjoy it - I know I did.
Cheers
PS: Does this mean we will have 2 CEs this week or has the sequel to Amber Maiden been delayed?

Edited on 04/05/2012 at 12:25:06 AM PST

jenny1983
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
488 Posts

Re:Comments for House of 1000 Doors: The Palm of Zoroaster Collector's Edition

[Post New]by jenny1983 on Apr 5, 12 12:52 AM
Hi DLO - I also purchased it from the dev and echo your recommendation.

But because I already have this game, I was soooo looking forward to Spirits of Mystery. Keeping fingers crossed for a Sunday release

Edited on 04/05/2012 at 1:25:35 AM PST

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on Apr 5, 12 1:02 AM
hi fishes just want to say yahooooooooooo so happy to see this out did the demo . so now that its herei will hit buy as soon as i get money on my card &that will be 10 am my time. trust me you fishes are in for a treat the demo time just flew by this game had me hooked from the get go. thank you mudrock for hearing us great job devlos you didit again just keep them comminthis game for me isa 5 ++ have fun fishes will do a review after i get to play some more of it off to bed 10 am cant comefast enough for me lol

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Apr 5, 12 1:12 AM
Well, I am extremely grateful that someone is happyasaclam!! LOL
As Jen and I have both already stated, this is a very enjoyable and worthy game - and happyasaclam's response almost echoes mine when I discovered it was available from the devs earlier on (I suppose it has been the same for a number of others).

Roll on Sunday Jen - maybe we will have an Easter treat even though it won't be a part of the Spring sale.

Well worth at least trialling this game and actually worthy of the CE price IMHO.

I also suspect this will be a great SE.

Hm, with 1000 Doors, how many other delicious games can we expect??

Note to self: be patient next time - you could do with the 3 PCCs.

Cheers

Edited on 04/05/2012 at 1:13:02 AM PST

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on Apr 5, 12 1:38 AM
really liked the first one and have high hopes for this one,but I too thought that today would be Spirits of Mystery-Rise of the Pheonix,as I finished re- playing the first Spirits of Mystery yesterday!
Oh well, maybe I'm not so clever after all!!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Apr 5, 12 1:46 AM
bradalex wrote:really liked the first one and have high hopes for this one,but I too thought that today would be Spirits of Mystery-Rise of the Pheonix,as I finished re- playing the first Spirits of Mystery yesterday!
Oh well, maybe I'm not so clever after all!!

LOL bradalex,
If your Internet connection and DL is as slow as mine is at times, you might be able to replay the Family Secrets instalment whilst waiting for this one.
I think you won't be disappointed in the change of games.
Cheers

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Apr 5, 12 1:56 AM
Boy O boy do I want this game loved the first doors game and really neeed this one ( love the way you can go from place to place with the map instead of chasing your tail ) but now with the spring sale on I'm going to have to sort my finances and work out the best option

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Apr 5, 12 2:06 AM
Hi gillydi53,
Yes, the map is a good option in this game, but beware of using it too often as you might miss something along the way.
CEs are not a part of the Spring sale - and I doubt very much that the SE will be available within the Sale period. So I guess you will have to consider your best option regarding the purchase of this game.
Those of us who have already purchased it from the developer's site would say "Go for it (if you can afford it)"!
Cheers

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Apr 5, 12 2:09 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there,
Having already purchased this game from the devs site because I was too impatient to wait for it to arrive here, I highly recommend this game as a very worthy sequel to the first "House of 1000 Doors".
Cheers
PS: Does this mean we will have 2 CEs this week or has the sequel to Amber Maiden been delayed?

I was wondering the same as you DLO. I was hoping it was today. Like you I all ready bought this game from the dev's site. Oh well, there's always Gamestop lol.

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on Apr 5, 12 2:30 AM
you were so right DLO the game is great. Fortunately I have very fast download and have played the first chapter and bought! I am going to have a great time today

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Apr 5, 12 2:52 AM
bradalex wrote:you were so right DLO the game is great. Fortunately I have very fast download and have played the first chapter and bought! I am going to have a great time today

Good for you. Have a great time.
Cheers

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Apr 5, 12 2:55 AM
sassylassie wrote:
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there,
Cheers

I was wondering the same as you DLO. I was hoping it was today. Like you I all ready bought this game from the dev's site. Oh well, there's always Gamestop lol.

Hm, not sure about Gamestop, but I haven't competed my re-play of Amber Maiden.
Football (AFL) beckons for me tonight, so I will finish it tomorrow in readiness for I also hope Sunday.
Cheers

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Apr 5, 12 2:59 AM
It's a nice enough game, just not very original. The puzzles, in the demo anyway, are all borrowed from other games. I suspect there may be a sort of agreement between devs these days, where they agreed to submit puzzles to some sort of distribution list and are allowed to use whichever ones they want, adjust them somewhat, and incorporate them into their own games. Clumsy way of putting it, but ever since someone suggested this to me, I keep seeing evidence of it. Apparently it's easier to create a new game than it is to invent new puzzles. Understandable, but not very inspiring.

The mechanics are good, which is a big plus, but the graphics are a little disappointing so far. Having said that, the hallway of the house is very well designed. HOS are fair, not too many items to find. I never find all the morphying objects in these game, so not paying to much attention to them. There is no prize or added value to successfully finding all of them anyway.

The story, by necessity, has to be the same as the first one as it's a sequel, so nothing new there either. It is nice that there are different countries to visit, so the locations will not all be the same. Hint button is good and the SG is bookmarked.

Perhaps after I have finished the game and am ready to review, I will be more enthusiastic.

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Apr 5, 12 3:32 AM
Thanks DLO I figure if I have 2 less glasses of wine at the weekend that will compensate enjoy your easter x

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Apr 5, 12 4:33 AM
I loved the first one, and from my demo experience, I'm sure this will also be a good game, although I'll have to wait for the SE or next month. However, I did get a chuckle from the opening. "It has been one year since my last visit," but she's still wearing the same dress!

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Apr 5, 12 5:28 AM
This is for me a great game. And a long one too. Played now for hours and now am I in the beginning of chapter 3. I take my time to look at the the beautiful . The HOS are very nice. Puzzles are easy.

Thanks devs and BF.

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Apr 5, 12 5:38 AM
Hi DragonLady, my thoughts exactly! I bought it from the devs too. This is a great deal fellow fishies. I found it challenging and an interesting follow up to the first 1000 doors game.
Have fun!

seahorsequeen
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by seahorsequeen on Apr 5, 12 6:07 AM
Can't wait for the SE version,love it,I loved the first one too,is she wearing the same dress a year on? !!! lol.Don't mind the mini-games being similar to other games they are ones I like too.Only complaint I have(more of a niggle really)is when you go back to hidden object scenes and previously removed items have come back.

[Post New]by collierjk on Apr 5, 12 6:28 AM
I found a few things very annoying. The size of the fire sparks (or whatever they are supposed to be) much to large. Many of the items in the hogs were poorly drawn and I couldn"t identify what it was other than a blob. I don't like to play the games with sound and there was no printing of the conversations of characters
I hate to say it but I was happy when the demo was over
collierjk.

kittyruss
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by kittyruss on Apr 5, 12 8:07 AM
Did try elsewhere and ready to buy here.Loved the first one and love this one.Games are games and as i am slow help from the forms is a great help for me.Things i like and things i dont,but i tell myself just a game not real life.

Go to: