bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any House of 1000 Doors: The Palm of Zoroaster technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 5, 12 12:24 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a couple of suggested articles that have helped solve some common problems with games in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

sitecer
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Re:Post any House of 1000 Doors: The Palm of Zoroaster technical issues here only

[Post New]by sitecer on Apr 5, 12 7:41 AM
Did anyone else lose the green gem. It was there when I entered the room with the elephants and I watched it slowly fade away. I cannot go any farther until I get the green gem and with it what I need to get the bananas.

Re:Post any House of 1000 Doors: The Palm of Zoroaster technical issues here only

[Post New]by bigmama3636 on Apr 5, 12 8:27 AM
No green gem for me either and I don't want to start over.

sitecer
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by sitecer on Apr 5, 12 8:56 AM
Me either, seems like the norm lately.
My "hint" button also stop working just about the time the green gem faded away.

Edited on 04/05/2012 at 10:21:16 AM PST

[Post New]by Lelia43 on Apr 5, 12 12:33 PM
Same thing here,entered the temple was there than dissappeared,left came back no gem

Mitchellm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Mitchellm on Apr 5, 12 1:45 PM
I'm having problems even earlier. My first Tibetan HO scene keeps repeating with no objects to search for. The hint button just sends me back to th same spot. Does no one on BFG offer solutions to thes sorts of problems?.

pilimai729
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by pilimai729 on Apr 5, 12 1:51 PM
Same here with the green gem. hint does not work, also. No problems with anything prior to that.

unanymous
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by unanymous on Apr 5, 12 2:39 PM
I've been playing this game in widescreen on my Dell Studio XPS 16. I just completed the cut scene where the multi-armed buddha arose and needed two coins to be placed in his hand. I placed the one I had into his left hand and then, all of a sudden, the game minimized to my desktop and when I pulled it back up, it would no longer play in widescreen. It only plays in regular screen and the options would not allow me to change it to stretch back into widescreen. Now it's stuck in a smaller screen (not the windowed one). Anyone else have this happen to you?

unanymous
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by unanymous on Apr 5, 12 2:48 PM
Mitchellm wrote:I'm having problems even earlier. My first Tibetan HO scene keeps repeating with no objects to search for. The hint button just sends me back to th same spot. Does no one on BFG offer solutions to thes sorts of problems?.

I'm experiencing the same thing in the Tibetan square area that has the HO scene on the right, which I completed. The map keeps showing this as an area that has an activity to complete. When I go back into the HO scene, the list of things to find is empty, so I scour it anyway, looking for, perhaps, a morphing object that I might have missed. Nothing. When I exit the completed HO scene and hit the hint button, it circles the completed HO scene again. What gives with this? Is it a glitch in the game, or am I being obtuse here? Hope someone can help us both here.

pilimai729
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by pilimai729 on Apr 5, 12 3:20 PM
talk about instant support!!! Mods were monitoring this problem through the forum. and I have already been contacted. Hopefully fix will be in soon.

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Apr 5, 12 4:05 PM
Yep, me too! One minute the green gem was there, and the next it was gone. I clicked on it when I first entered the scene, but nothing happened, then it went to the cut scene and after that it was gone! Shucks! I don't want to start this game all over again

[Post New]by shirlthecurl on Apr 5, 12 4:40 PM
Started very slow and jerky changed the curser still the same played for a couple of minutes that was enough

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Apr 5, 12 7:11 PM
unanymous wrote:
Mitchellm wrote:I'm having problems even earlier. My first Tibetan HO scene keeps repeating with no objects to search for. The hint button just sends me back to th same spot. Does no one on BFG offer solutions to thes sorts of problems?.

I'm experiencing the same thing in the Tibetan square area that has the HO scene on the right, which I completed. The map keeps showing this as an area that has an activity to complete. When I go back into the HO scene, the list of things to find is empty, so I scour it anyway, looking for, perhaps, a morphing object that I might have missed. Nothing. When I exit the completed HO scene and hit the hint button, it circles the completed HO scene again. What gives with this? Is it a glitch in the game, or am I being obtuse here? Hope someone can help us both here.

I am having the exact same problem. I managed to pick up the kettle in that scene and pour water into an invisible cup. (Good I remembered where the cup was) I clicked on the same beak where the coin was last time, the coin magically appears so I can take it..... guess I can keep finding the invisible objects to get rid of the HO scene.

If there is going to be another glitch further along with a green gem I don't want to keep going with this game.

Edit to add - Game developers really need some people to play a game right through before they are released. Such obvious glitches would be found and fixed before they went on sale. Not good enough to treat customers buying a game as beta testers, specially for a CE game.

Edited on 04/05/2012 at 7:17:34 PM PST

[Post New]by gardenqueen on Apr 5, 12 7:47 PM
Yep, I'm in the same group. Lost the green gem and now my hint button won't work. Sad, as I was really engrossed in the game. Sure hope the fix is on the way. Happy Easter to all you fishes out there!

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Apr 5, 12 10:31 PM

I must say I'm having the same problem here.

[Post New]by Latish23 on Apr 6, 12 8:47 AM
I'm having the same issue with the green gem...any fix in sight?

sitecer
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by sitecer on Apr 6, 12 8:49 AM
Nice to hear some of the problems were noticed and fixed. I had to resort to restarting the game in order to finally get the green gem. I had tried all the "normal" fixes but nothing worked except starting all over.

joray2
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by joray2 on Apr 6, 12 9:12 AM
Having so many problems with this game. My biggest is the same one as others are having,go to an HO scence no item listed and hint will only bring me there,so I can go no further with the game!!! I won't start all over again,I think a game should only be sold after all the problems are fixed!!! BFG,please,you need better control over this problem!!!

Edited on 01/06/2013 at 3:14:26 PM PST

pilimai729
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by pilimai729 on Apr 6, 12 2:25 PM
to everyone who are having problems with green gem.... Until the problem is found and resolved, I would reccommend contacting tech support. They are really trying to isolate, and resolve the problem. The more of us that gives info, the better to cross reference issues. I, too, didn't want to start over, but it was worth it.after uninstalling, then reinstalling the game, I started over w/ different profile.The game played through without a hitch. I held my breath a couple of times thinking something was going to disappear ad/or hint would freeze, but it was just me not looking thoroughly enough. The green gem disappearing was real, folks and not a figment of our imagination,

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Apr 6, 12 7:17 PM
Must be working for lots who have posted great reviews
But I have installed/uninstalled twice for this game and has to actually 'shut off' computer to do an exit (twice)

Then my 'virus software' had note to run scan as potentially 'unprotected'...what! ...yesterday did a full scan which took two hrs, did system care check, did chk/dsk run, defrag, etc...but still does the d/l fine and get to where it says 'click here to contine' and it goes to 'endless loop' of music and froze screen...did ctrl/alt/del several times and did not work!

Wanted to buy as the first of series (Doors:Family CE) all ran o.k. until got to part of game to put wheel on water mill and 'glitch' back to game manager...so it is now in purchase history, probably might try with different player name...was having a great time with game...So this sequel looks like I will not buy and thankful as the demo made that decision...so sad!

Great Dev's always and thx to BFG for offering!

But 'alas' NO BUY!

Go to: