BelindaR53
Clownfish
Clownfish
800 Posts

QUESTION ABOUT THE DEMO

[Post New]by BelindaR53 on Apr 5, 12 10:43 AM
Before I go and download this game here, I would like an answer to a question I have.
I downloaded the demo of this game last week from the developers site, didn't finish it thou. Here's my question:
Should I delete the demo game first before I download the game from here?
Thank you.....

atmmts
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:QUESTION ABOUT THE DEMO

[Post New]by atmmts on Apr 5, 12 11:40 AM
Shouldn't be necessary to delete. I also downloadled the demo from another site, played till it expired. Then I dl'd demo from BFG & demo picked up from same point in game I'd stopped playing on 1st demo. This has happened many times w/ games from several sites/developers. Guess it's kinda like when you play demo, then buy game - you should be able to start playing from where you left off when demo expired.

Hope this reply answers your question, I know it's a bit wordy. Good Luck~

Simsane
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Simsane on Apr 5, 12 12:35 PM
I too downloaded the demo from **** (the developer of the game) and played it -- was hoping it would be available soon and yay! it is.

I was so excited when I saw it last night (after midnight) that I didn't even think to uninstall the demo first. Just downloaded it from here and started playing. Hit the Buy button instead of the Try it from here and then installed it and started playing. So far no problems. I was reading the Tech thread though -- sounds like there might be a glitch in the game for some players but either I haven't gotten to that part yet or it didn't happen to me.

Edited to add: That's weird that they put the asterisks in where I put the name of the developer. Wonder if we aren't supposed to list the developer -- why? I know I've read other forum threads that listed the developers name.

Edited on 04/05/2012 at 12:36:55 PM PST

atmmts
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by atmmts on Apr 5, 12 12:41 PM
Well, yes I ran into a glitch - right after replying to OP, but don't think it had anything to do w/ 'double dl& demo'. I'm at the point in game where there's supposed to be a 2nd HOS in Tibet at vendor cart on right across from well w/ monks' skeletal remains. Click 'hint'', it points me there, but Inventory keeps showing 0 objects to find. Tried to delete & reinstall w/ still no luck.

Simsane
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Simsane on Apr 5, 12 2:34 PM
atmmts wrote:Well, yes I ran into a glitch - right after replying to OP, but don't think it had anything to do w/ 'double dl& demo'. I'm at the point in game where there's supposed to be a 2nd HOS in Tibet at vendor cart on right across from well w/ monks' skeletal remains. Click 'hint'', it points me there, but Inventory keeps showing 0 objects to find. Tried to delete & reinstall w/ still no luck.

I've passed Tibet and am in India now but what does the SG say you are supposed to get from the missing HS scene? I know that even after I was through with Tibet, I kept being able to click on that particular HS scene and then it would not show anything to find. I figured that yes, it's a glitch, but it had actually worked when I needed it to work. Could you possibly have what you were supposed to get already? I mean, maybe you saw it and did it before the SG says you should but it's doing like it did for me and just keeps opening even though you don't need it.

Oh and the glitch I was referring to was one that people are posting about under the Technical problems thread -- something about a green gem. I got both the green gems just fine.

Anyway, I hope the developer fixes the glitches quickly.

Go to: