Electrical box is not sparking. It's inactive.

[Post New]by nivla47 on Apr 5, 12 1:27 PM
According to my strategy guide, once I have the pole and the cotton, the 2 are combined to make a torch. The instructions are to then take the torch to the front of the building that has the radio inside and place the torch between the 2 sparking wires to light the torch. Except the electrical box doesn't have 2 exposed wires that are sparking. It is completely inactive. How is this possible?

elijah5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,225 Posts

Re:Electrical box is not sparking. It's inactive.

[Post New]by elijah5 on Apr 5, 12 3:17 PM
Look at the first building you encountered by the docks. On the left hand side you should see the electrical wires sparking.

Tigrisan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Tigrisan on Apr 5, 12 7:06 PM
I have no sparking wires anywhere, the pole is missing that I need to pry the big gate in the floor of the lighthouse open and I have no gas tank now either. I have a pole with rum covered cotton and a makeshift glass cutter. That's it.

I think there's a problem with the bonus game though I downloaded my game after the update...

elijah5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,225 Posts

[Post New]by elijah5 on Apr 5, 12 11:23 PM
When in the lighthouse, use your makeshift glass cutter on the window (mirror) to open to show you that you need to light it. Don't know if that will work or not, but give it a try. Maybe then you will see the sparking wires for the rum covered pole. As for the gas, not really sure about that as I had no problem with it disappearing.

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Apr 6, 12 5:33 AM
Im in the same position no sparking wires or a pole, all I have in my inventory is a made up Torch, guide not helping at all or hints just telling me to go to diary,

Any ideas.

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Apr 6, 12 5:33 AM
Im in the same position no sparking wires or a pole, all I have in my inventory is a made up Torch, guide not helping at all or hints just telling me to go to diary,

Any ideas.

[Post New]by Lindsay_Louise on Apr 6, 12 6:19 AM
Well, I seem to be in the same boat as many others. Neither building on the lighthouse isle is sparking. Perhaps it's time for BFG to provide an answer to the problem?

Tigrisan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Tigrisan on Apr 6, 12 6:51 AM
I used the glass cutter, but since I have no way to pry the bronze floor gate open because the iron bar is missing, I can't get what I think is the gas can beneath it so now, I'm stuck. There's no way to restart the bonus game that I can see so I don't get to finish this one unless BFG can come up with a solution. I really had a lot of fun with this game until now!

*sigh*

[Post New]by partyofthree on Apr 6, 12 8:26 AM
same problem here...no sparking wires..and it's so close to the end of the game SMH

sville
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by sville on Apr 6, 12 2:59 PM
I also have no sparking wires or pole to pry up the trap door. what do we need to do to get BFG to resolve this?

deelee53
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by deelee53 on Apr 6, 12 3:42 PM
I'm in the same boat as all of you. No iron bar, no electrical sparks to light rum soaked torch. Obviously I am missing something. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

[Post New]by robiedobie on Apr 6, 12 4:13 PM
I'm also in the same boat with the rest of you. Have done everything. Back and forth and nothing.

deffean
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by deffean on Apr 6, 12 4:59 PM
I also have the same problem, they need to fix it as I don't really want to uninstall & start over, come on BGF please fix the problem.

maunic2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by maunic2 on Apr 6, 12 9:08 PM
Count me in too, no iron bar, no sparkling wire, can't open the hatch. Hope we get an answer soon, don't feel like getting so close to the end and not being able to get there.

[Post New]by Elaine1709 on Apr 7, 12 12:31 AM
Me too......this is so frustrating.

[Post New]by Elaine1709 on Apr 7, 12 12:43 AM
Just discovered that you have to keep clicking on the conversation with the coastguard. Eventually he agrees to come to help then everything clicks into place.

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Apr 7, 12 3:43 AM
Got excited when I saw your reply Elaine, Ive clicked hundreds of times fast slowly kept the needle at a certain point but to no avail, nothings working for me, just the same message.

[Post New]by kathrine711 on Apr 7, 12 9:49 AM
I had the same problem; electrical box not sparking and no crow bar, but thanks to Elaine1709 problem solved. So go to the radio and keep clicking on the Coast guard conversation. The radio will stop working and will start to smoke! You'll see the wire start sparking outside the window. Hooray, I got to finish the game. Thanks again Elaine1709!

Edited on 04/07/2012 at 9:49:58 AM PST

Tigrisan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Tigrisan on Apr 7, 12 11:14 AM
Thank you, thank you, Elaine1709! I clicked on that radio for two days! Finally, it got to where they agreed to come out.

Would be nice if the strategy guide was a bit more comprehensive about that!

[Post New]by kbug1317 on Apr 7, 12 1:38 PM
Finally got it! After you initiate conversation on the radio, click on the response from the coast guard at the bottom of the screen (you have to actually click on the words) and conversation will keep going, radio will blow up, wires will spark. whew!

Go to: