my oil can will not oil the hinges

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:cabinet in cottage

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 13, 12 12:51 AM
babsd, I found this in the standard version walkthrough:

Put the EMPTY OIL CAN on the oil container to create the FILLED OIL CAN (2).
Examine the cabinet (3); use the FILLED OIL CAN on the 4 hinges marked in yellow.
Open the cabinet door; take the STAINED GLASS SHEET 5/5 (4) and the TOOLBOX PIECE (5).

Here's a screenshot of this scene that might help you compare the solution with your own game:

Screenshot

Also, make sure you're pointing the cursor in the right direction, sometimes a game can be a little picky as to where you're pointing certain items.

Good luck and happy gaming!

-bfgRhone

char523
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by char523 on Aug 20, 12 11:46 AM
I HAVE PLAYED IN 3 DIFFERENT GAMES AND CANNOT GET THE CABINET DOORS TO OPEN. I HAVE OILED THEM, SO WHAT HAVE MISSED OR IS IT A GYLICH IN THE GAME

[Post New]by lucilu2012 on Apr 30, 13 3:44 PM
I, too, can't oil the hinges ... It just did one of them but will not work on the other three ... I have deleted and reinstalled the game 3 times and I always get to this point and can't get any further. Did you eventually figure this out? Can someone help me?

[Post New]by kattmac on Oct 3, 13 4:52 PM
I am also stuck with the oil can not working. I have followed exactly and it keeps telling me to oil the hinges, not the door. There must be a trick somehow----do you move the oil can up and down-----done, do you click once on each hinge----done. Nothing seems to be working. Thanks!

Go to: