bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Special Enquiry Detail: Engaged to Kill technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 7, 12 12:29 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a couple of suggested articles that have helped solve some common problems with games in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Jeriann64
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Post any Special Enquiry Detail: Engaged to Kill technical issues here only

[Post New]by Jeriann64 on Apr 7, 12 2:31 AM
WHAT'S UP WITH THE MANHOLE COVER???? I TRIED WHAT YOU SAID BUT TO NO AVAIL. WHAT MAKES ME REALLY MAD IS I BOUGHT IT! HELP!!!!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Apr 7, 12 2:54 AM
Jeriann64 wrote:WHAT'S UP WITH THE MANHOLE COVER???? I TRIED WHAT YOU SAID BUT TO NO AVAIL. WHAT MAKES ME REALLY MAD IS I BOUGHT IT! HELP!!!!

Hi there Jeriann64,
I'm not sure to what you are referring in the text I highlighted in blue as I can find no evidence of any other questions regarding your problem on this occasion.
This is probably not a technical issue, so I suggest you start a post requesting help with this - and please don't shout (by using capital letters), as a lot of us here would only be too willing to assist you.
It also seems that you have had other difficulties with games here, so I would suggest that you run a Dr Felix on your system and send the results to BFG CS in an effort to find a solution.
Cheers

[Post New]by denymerl on Apr 7, 12 3:28 AM
I have come to the manhole cover. I read on another page that I was supposed to spray the cover with 3 in 1 until it was empty. Well, it never was empty! I sprayed for 5 minutes & never did run out. I can't get any farther in the game until I can get the manhole cover off, but it doesn't look like that 's going to happen.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 7, 12 3:54 AM
Hi Fishies,

As DragonLadyOz mentioned, it sounds like this might be a feature the developers intended for. I found a helpful comment from another Fishie in another thread:

Had the same problem, do this:

Make sure that the TIP of the spraycan (so the Red part: the part that sprays), has touched all the edges. So It's not important if the spray reaches the edge, but it is important for the RED TIP to touch the edges.
When you're doing it right; you'll see the edges get dark and greasy.

Silicon

Please give that a try and see how you get on.

bfgRhone

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Apr 7, 12 4:18 AM
seem to be having an early issue..trying to stop the bomb..can't figure it out , but neither can I skip it ..and game froze sort of...music still going and all I can do is goff up the wires. any help here?
kris

bell65
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by bell65 on Apr 7, 12 4:19 AM
hi b/f
is there a lot of glitches in this game???
i have found second hard hat and bucket in 2nd HOG and it wont let me click continue button?
also during the HOG, I couldn't click the hint button?
it seems to freeze??
any suggestions?
i like this game and hope i am able to keep playing

ruthb1146
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by ruthb1146 on Apr 7, 12 4:23 AM
I DOWNLOADED THE GAME WHEN IT WAS DONE DOWNLOADING IT SAID MY TRIAL WAS UP AND I HAD TO PURCHASE THE GAME. I NEVER EVEN GOT A CHANCE TO SIGN IN AND START PLAYING.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 7, 12 5:24 AM
bell65 and kris_cross48, it sounds like the gameplay might be getting stuck, but I understand the game is not actually freezing/crashing (e.g. you can still do things in the game).

Is it possible this is a game intended feature? If so, try checking in the game Forum if any other Fishies know the answer to skipping those puzzles by creating a new thread.

If you feel this is a glitch, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps. If not, please get in touch with Customer Support (see below) to see if they can offer any further assistance.

ruthb1146, sometimes a download can expire prematurely and cause your trial to show as expired. When that happens, uninstalling and reinstalling the game generally solves the problem.

That being said, if you have already purchased the game and don't enjoy it, please get in touch with Customer Support to sort this out.
You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the right of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Hope that helps!

bfgRhone

SoManyCrimes
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by SoManyCrimes on Apr 7, 12 6:11 AM
To spray the manhole cover you have to run the nozzle all the way around the rim of the manhole. As you manage this the cover will start to look "wet" around the edges.

What's confusing is that you have to run the NOZZLE around the edge. Where the silicon spray goes doesn't matter. So if you imagine you were doing it in real life it will look like you're completely missing the cover.

It took me a while to get it undone too, but it's definitely possible. The developers should have done a better job of matching up the area of affect with the graphics. When the cover is loosened you'll get a dialogue confirmation from one of the characters, so you don't need to keep trying the manhole key.

As for the "freezing", I had a similar problem with the first game in this series. The game would lock up it all the HO scenes, and sometimes when I clicked to bring up a closeup. So I think that maybe whatever engine the developers are using doesn't agree with some computers. I've had no trouble with this one so far, though...

Edited on 04/07/2012 at 6:12:25 AM PST

burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by burningswan on Apr 7, 12 9:09 AM
The game is bigger than my screen. Anything on the end is cut off.

kjos
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by kjos on Apr 7, 12 11:55 AM
I have the same problem to.

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on Apr 7, 12 12:02 PM
Got to the Statue of Liberty and everytime I did an action the screen would freeze for a minute. Even when I clicked on the menu. waaaaa!

[Post New]by auntbeck on Apr 7, 12 3:33 PM
I'm enjoying the game but I've frozen at the light bulb. I have the lastest software to run the game and I deleted and reloaded it. Any other suggestions and has this happened to anybody else?
Thanks.
I finally noticed that it is running but VERY SLOW. I got past the bulb.
Thanks.

Edited on 04/08/2012 at 6:01:51 AM PST

Game is only partially running!

[Post New]by thedagat on Apr 7, 12 6:39 PM
Game is only partially running, picked up water bottle & film canister. When I click on tree with balloons & stuff under tree, I got info. Also checked out picnic table, got info there. At base of statue have clicked on door & get 'can't enter' conversion. clicked on work helmet got conversation. have clicked on generator, crates, scaffolding. nothing happens.I have uninstalled & reinstalled the game also. I would really like to play this game. This is the first game I have had a problem with in a long time.

[Post New]by splaga on Apr 8, 12 8:26 AM
I am at the sewer where you have to call but there is no way to call and hint tells me to go back up stairs and then nothing. help

[Post New]by DBell5310 on Apr 8, 12 4:17 PM
i don't know how to get the image of the killer off of the security camera in the bookstore

dpanrell
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by dpanrell on Apr 8, 12 6:12 PM
My game has stopped at the end of Ch. 3. After I get the poster, the hint says there is nothing to do at each location. I found a walkthrough and according to it, you begin Ch. 4 after taking down the poster. I looked on the map and there is nowhere else to go except where I am. Did anyone else have this problem? Game has woked just fine up until this.

[Post New]by elana65 on Apr 8, 12 7:10 PM
I am in chapter 4 at the book store. I've done the first hog and am talking to the sales lady and have asked her about the bibles and wanting to look at their security camera video, but I can't go any further. I check the hint and it has me going back to the sales lady over and over again and can't go any further in the game. What am I missing?

paajr
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by paajr on Apr 8, 12 7:10 PM
dpanrell wrote:My game has stopped at the end of Ch. 3. After I get the poster, the hint says there is nothing to do at each location. I found a walkthrough and according to it, you begin Ch. 4 after taking down the poster. I looked on the map and there is nowhere else to go except where I am. Did anyone else have this problem? Game has woked just fine up until this.

Ditto. I had the same problem! Deleted my user and retried the game again just to make sure that I have not done something wrong. It froze again! I am thinking of uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but I am not sure that I want to start the game over for a 3rd time!

Go to: