bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Clockwork Crokinole

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 9, 12 12:18 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Clockwork Crokinole? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Clockwork Crokinole page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Clockwork Crokinole

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 9, 12 12:19 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only. If you have any comments or questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. (As you could imagine, this feedback is very helpful! )

So to make sure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any comments and non-review posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Apr 9, 12 2:22 AM
This is kind of like computer curling. After only a 15 minute demo it was a definite buy for hubby and me. It is a great change of pace from normal shoot-em-up arcade types and really gives the eyes a break from Hidden Object games! Thanks BF for offering us something different.

Edited on 04/09/2012 at 3:56:41 AM PST

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Apr 9, 12 5:45 AM
I had to start this game by looking up "Crokinole" on the web...was it a made up name or what? No, it's a very established game, with tournaments all over the world.
"Crokinole is an action board game similar in various ways to pitchnut, carrom, marbles, and shove ha'penny, with elements of shuffleboard and curling reduced to table-top size. Players take turns shooting discs across the circular playing surface, trying to have their discs land in the higher-scoring regions of the board, while also attempting to knock away opposing discs."
In this computer game, you can play against the computer, or have up to 4 players.
It's not a speed or clickfest game, but more strategy, trying to get the discs in certain areas, plus knocking out the opponents disc at the same time.
I intially had a problem because I was unthinkingly pushing my mouse when it was the computer's turn to shoot; but the game runs well now that I've discovered that.
This is a really different game from what we're usually offered, and I encourage others to give it a try.

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Apr 9, 12 6:38 AM
I did not like this game since it's the same as shooting marbles. Boring!
Way too dark to see. And the mouse controls are reversed.

Edited on 04/09/2012 at 6:39:36 PM PST

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Apr 9, 12 8:46 AM

Edited on 04/09/2012 at 11:33:35 AM PST

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Apr 9, 12 9:01 AM

Edited on 04/09/2012 at 11:33:23 AM PST

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Apr 9, 12 9:52 AM

Edited on 04/09/2012 at 11:34:22 AM PST

endofmonth
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by endofmonth on Apr 9, 12 1:49 PM
I tried the demo. Found the game too slow moving (lots of simulated cranking and booming with each shot). Also, it was hard to see the aim markings, and sometimes even the opponent's disk. Not enough contrast in color for me. Interesting to try, but this one's not for me.

313gramgram
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by 313gramgram on Apr 9, 12 8:42 PM
I truly enjoyed the game it was nice to have (someone) LOL to play against. I live alone and it was nice to have the challenge. I loved shuffleboard as a child and this game definitely took me back 50 some years. good job BIG FISH wouldn't get my games anywhere else. Gram

noilif
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

I like it!

[Post New]by noilif on Apr 14, 12 1:07 AM
It's a bit like shuffleboard, curling, marbles and bumper pool rolled all into one. No hurry to take a shot. It does drag a bit in totaling the score and switching players. That part gets annoying after a few games.

Reviews for Clockwork Crokinole

[Post New]by muleskinner55 on Apr 14, 12 1:56 PM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Clockwork Crokinole? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Clockwork Crokinole page <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/16994/clockwork-crokinole/index.html?src=frmtrygame&osdetect=true">here</a>.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1872">Big Fish Game Reviews</a> for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/0/206460.page#4179914>here</a>.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

adolia
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by adolia on Apr 17, 12 12:52 PM
endofmonth wrote:I tried the demo. Found the game too slow moving (lots of simulated cranking and booming with each shot). Also, it was hard to see the aim markings, and sometimes even the opponent's disk. Not enough contrast in color for me. Interesting to try, but this one's not for me.

I agree totally, while the concept of the game is something new, it moved way too slowly for me, and the graphics were too dark/dull.

[Post New]by muleskinner55 on Apr 29, 12 5:37 PM
Although I agree with your comments, I really love playing this game. I find it challenging and relaxing too. All the cranking between shots takes too much time,but, It is still a fun game to play.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Reviews for Clockwork Crokinole

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Aug 22, 12 9:21 PM
I found that both my pieces (green) and Molly my opponent's (blue) were quite easy to see.

The whole thing is very steampunk (look THAT up in your Net search).

bluesruley2k
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Horrible!

[Post New]by bluesruley2k on May 19, 13 10:02 PM
This is the worst game I have seen on BFG! Get rid of it! Don't waste my time with this nonsense!!!

Go to: