bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Vampire Saga: Break Out

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 11, 12 12:30 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Vampire Saga: Break Out? We’d love to hear all about it, together with many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Vampire Saga: Break Out page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Reviews for Vampire Saga: Break Out

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 11, 12 12:30 AM
Hi fishies,

Just to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only. If you have any comments or questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. (As you could imagine, this feedback is very helpful! )

So to make sure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any comments and non-review posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Apr 11, 12 1:13 AM
The earlier Vampire Saga's were fun to play, so I've bought this new one right away with a coupon.
The graphics are clear and the searching won't give people headaches. You can see the objects clearly, they're certainly big enough!
There are people to talk to, but no voices. Little bit of a let down, I like voices, but it's not a too big deal.
Story and environment are nothing new. We've seen hospitals and mines before, haven't we? But it's well done, so I don't mind this much.
First seach was assembling a number of objects to obtain just one (the cirkle look). Not my style so much but OK in itself. Other objects can be found here and there.
I play the casual mode, but there's also a more difficult one.

All in all a fairly good game, worth 3 out of 5 to me.

Happy Gaming!

ETA: Definitely a good game. It gets better after the demo, so have some patience.

Edited on 04/11/2012 at 6:29:31 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 11, 12 1:35 AM
This review is based on the demo, which I played in Casual mode.

There is widescreen, (stretchscreen).

There are 2 gameplay modes.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor.

There is a JOURNAL.

There is no MAP.

There is no voice-over.

The HOS (hidden object scenes) are those of finding objects and adding them to rings.

The HINT button, which can also be used outside of the HOS, refills within 30-35 seconds in Casual mode.

The graphics are a little on the rough side.

--- --- ---

The most I enjoyed when playing the demo were the HOS, and that is saying a lot, because often I don't care for those anymore.

The graphics are pretty much on the rough side, both in the HOS and in the main scenes.

Story is once more a spooky one with you having to rummage around in old and abandoned places (hospital, mine). I didn't enjoy walking around most of the scenes I have come across, and will most likely not buy this game.

Just wanted to add that the reason I didn't care for this game is because, although these type of stories (abandoned hospitals and mines and ghosts to follow) were fun for me when they first came out, I have grown extremely tired of them. It's as if I am playing the same story over and over with slight variations added to them. I've simply lost interest in them.

Edited on 04/11/2012 at 2:51:15 AM PST

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Apr 11, 12 1:40 AM
Graphics nice and clear. Seen the storyline before but still fun. Almost feels like I have played this game before.

Played the demo in casual mode there was also an advanced mode. HOS are the circle pop ups which is ok but the circles were very dark and hard to see what the items were.

On my way to purchase, I am out of games and am desperate.

Happy gaming

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Apr 11, 12 1:50 AM
From this dev, whose name I don't think I can mention, comes the 3rd game in the Vampire Saga.
This is a series I really enjoy----both of the first two were fun to play, and very well done. And this one, based on the free trial, appears to be more of the same.
It's back to Hill Lock, this time by a doctor whose daughter has been claimed by a mysterious illness, ailment, circumstance, or whatever----and the doctor has been asked to help determine just what is going on. Of course, we know what it is----VAMPIRES!!!!
The game opens with one of several cut scenes to add to the exposition. They are done in black and white, which adds to the spookiness and gloom.
The HOS are of the circle variety and are quite well done. There is a good deal of interaction of the back and forth variety to solve puzzles and progress in the game which is logical and carefully laid out so you always know what to do. And the hint button which refills very fast will help you if you need it.
I should mention that this game opens in a widescreen presentation which makes the game so much more appealing. The first two did not have this feature, but this one does. Now how could that be? I changed nothing on my settings!?! Oh, I know.It speaks to the quality the devs are putting into the game. As I've said before, it's a programming detail that more and more of the quality devs are addressing, and it really adds to the appearance of the game which features excellent graphics anyway. And again, if some can do it----so can they all. (Thanks, Ilya!)
It is indeed yet another vampire story, but I can't get enough of them, and this one is very well done and has (so far) been great fun to play.
Excellent job, developers! Keep 'em coming!
Needless to say, an immediate buy for me!!

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Apr 11, 12 1:58 AM
The more I played the game the more it grew on me. It does feel quite clumsy and the graphics appear grainy. The music is familiar and the cut out scenes add to the story. Not sure if it's a buy yet - will wait to see if it's going to be scary.

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Apr 11, 12 3:18 AM
I don't know if I will purchase this or not because I do prefer voices to me it is boring without them, especially in a game trying to put a scare in me.
I seem to have more problems staying interested after I purchase a game with no voices. When a game has voices there is a draw to finish the game for me,without the voices in my opinion it is like hearing myself read a book aloud. This is just my opinion and the black and white screen really did not do anything to hold my attention. I did purchase the first game so I haven't really decided yet. This is just my opinion and everyone has a right to one.

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Apr 11, 12 8:00 AM
Well Happy Tuesday - for me anyway - by coincidence I JUST finished the second game a couple days ago & rushed to give it a 5 star review...loved it!!

Quickly on voice overs - honestly I like that there aren't any in this series - the games are sooooo moody & suspenseful the silence adds to it - one character with a bad voice over (like a hokey sherrif...) could just ruin the mood! I also think the silence adds to the feeling of isolation you get in this series...upshot - I'm good with it

Demo ran fine - and wide screen worked automatically without making things looked streeeetched out (the downside in some few games!) and it's always nice to have a custom cursor that doesn't drag!

Off to buy and get to playin' - but will say I'm SO going to miss the map that was a key feature in the last game! But...maybe the game play is different in this one & the lack of map may not be as sad as I fear...will weigh in on that when I've gotten through more game.

Happy Gaming all!!!

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Apr 11, 12 9:49 AM
Not a game I would want to buy. It's too clunky.. makes that sound and don't like reading all the things people say. Not a very exciting game so it's a zap bam.. no game today..

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Apr 11, 12 1:33 PM
Thank goodness you are back on track. This is the type of game I love to play. The last few days are ones that I would touch even you paid me. Hated them.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Apr 11, 12 1:36 PM
wow, lost myself in that one. kinda sad ending but it was a well written story. Nothing complicated, but the black and white parts were welldone to move the player emotionally.
Very thoughtful game, the HOG scenes were different..no names, visual clues only..which is a relief sometimes, especially where translation comes in.
I thought it was well drawn and graphics were strong, I think there are different opionions about that.
Not being much of a vamprire buff, I didn't expect a lot, I was wrong. IT's a fun game, worth the coupon if you have one.
Sorry about the typing, the sun is right on my screen.
kris

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Apr 11, 12 3:37 PM
This is very interesting, when I first played the demo I was not impressed, but me been me I am a sucker for this type of stories, I never seem to grow out of them.

The more I played the more I became interested on the plot, nice psychological mystery.

I didn't care that the graphics were not that great, still clear enough for you to find your way around and the puzzles were nice enough to keep me glue to the demo until it ended.

Definitely a buy for me.

Edited on 04/11/2012 at 3:39:14 PM PST

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Apr 11, 12 3:43 PM
Nice SE game. And, I might add, much better than the last three or four games that recently came out. The game I felt was a little difficult, which for me is unusual since I play some rather difficult games. Graphics were good. I just don't like the whole hospital scenario but the vampire theme was decent and the story was not contained in the hospital, so it was okay. I began in the advanced mode and then switched to the easier mode, although I don't like sparkles. Looking forward to the CE tomorrow. I have beta tested a few good ones lately and am avidly looking forward to their release. A nice spring break respite.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Apr 11, 12 3:45 PM
Nice SE game. And, I might add, much better than the last three or four games that recently came out. The game I felt was a little difficult, which for me is unusual since I play some rather difficult games. Graphics were good. I just don't like the whole hospital scenario but the vampire theme was decent and the story was not contained in the hospital, so it was okay. I began in the advanced mode and then switched to the easier mode, although I don't like sparkles. Looking forward to the CE tomorrow. I have beta tested a few good ones lately and am avidly looking forward to their release. A nice spring break respite.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Apr 11, 12 3:45 PM

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Apr 11, 12 8:25 PM
not rocket science but fun for a couple of hours. probably best to wait for a dd, but i was bored. try it you may like it!

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Apr 11, 12 11:13 PM
You know, this was a nice game to play. The HOGS were not difficult, the puzzles were medium to hard and the story line did not bore me. The graphics are pretty good. I enjoyed moving around the game and solving the next problem. It lasted fairly long and lots of different areas to explore. It actually had an ending, even tho it was sad. I played this in a relaxed mode and did not feel stressed at all. Some games make me feel like I'm being pushed to end it, this one did not. I hope all enjoy this one and I'm not sorry I bought it. Thanks BF, I needed to escape for awhile and this did it for me. Be Happy !!

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Apr 12, 12 2:51 AM
I didn't like the demo that much and the last chapter in the mine either. That little girl, Grace and her daddy were heartrending. Still wiping and sniffing.

But all the other bits in between were good enough to hold my interest. Rather short, though. I was taken by surprise when it suddenly ended. I was expecting more. But a nice effort for a SE, even if I only enjoyed half of it.

I can't diss it but I also can't rave about it. Just average.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Apr 12, 12 10:45 AM
I have the first two Vampire Saga games and really liked them. This one, not so much. The music was annoying after awhile, HOGS were extremely simple, no games to break things up a bit, story line...what story. This one was so boring, I couldn't wait to get out of it. Kept playing to see if it picked up, but it didn't. Sorry, no sale here.

Thanks for the reviews.

Go to: