[Post New]by cleoladycat on Apr 12, 12 12:01 AM
Any comments fishes?

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Re:Todays DD April 12 2012

[Post New]by jkuci on Apr 12, 12 2:38 AM

The developer did a great job of fixing this game of every complaint that came their way.

The game now is a great little M3 with bright colors, timed or untimed option (can be switched at any time) , custom cursor or system cursor option, you can match while pieces are in play from your last match, nice power-ups and cute music with sound effects.

No building or other add-on attraction, though, just a nice mood elevating simple game that does get harder in later levels if you play them timed.

Survivor01
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Survivor01 on Apr 12, 12 6:36 AM
I like it - nice game to play when you want something easy, but not boring. One person in the regular comments complained about the hints but you can turn them off. One interesting thing is if you play relaxed, you still get a time bonus and it seems to give you more time. The one thing I don't like is when it highlights the pieces left to get. It's like a flash of light across the board. Other games do it and it's very distracting and totally unnecessary. Other than that it's a really nice game.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Apr 12, 12 11:08 AM
This is a very cute game. However, as someone else said, while trying to play something about a bonus keeps flashing across the screen which is distracting. The music became irritating so I just muted it. Before the demo ended, I became bored with the game. It is a nice and cute 3M game tho'

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Apr 12, 12 11:55 AM
A pleasant game. One nice feature is that the build-up in the rainbow (the power enhancer) carries over to the next level.The music did start to get a little repetitious. I think it is worth the DD price.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Apr 12, 12 1:28 PM

Despite the fact that I cannot see the pictures of the goals because they are off the monitor screen (only the number of goals is shown) I decided to buy this game anyway for 2 reasons:

1 -- MOST times I can see a tinge of color of the goal object and thereby proceed in gathering the pieces and

2 -- though at the moment I am playing this game timed, it does have a relaxed version of this game so if I misinterpret too often as to what the goal object is supposed to be, I can switch to the relaxed version and play this game without becoming frustrated.

Either way, this game appears to be very easy, EXTREMELY bright and colorful, and relaxing.

MEnr56

BTW, the rainbow -- what kind of power-up is it supposed to be? I clicked on it several times and all I got was that it was more powerful when full.

vervaine
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,122 Posts

[Post New]by vervaine on Apr 12, 12 3:22 PM
Bought it, even though I didn't plan to. The game is super light on computer resources (big concern of mine in M3, which I play muted), responsive and crisp Nothing special, but I like it. Cheerful and relaxing.

The rainbow meter seems to decrease when you use powerups scattered on board. Maybe it affects the power of the regular powerups?

Survivor01
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Survivor01 on Apr 12, 12 8:33 PM
MEnr56 - the rainbow is not a power up by itself, it increases the power of a power-up on the board. For example, if you have a cloud with a lightning bolt and click on it, it wipes out the column it is in; if your rainbow is full and you click on the lightning bolt, it wipes out three columns.

Hope this helps.

GreyAlienGames
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by GreyAlienGames on Apr 16, 12 11:47 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind comments about the game - I'm glad you liked it! I'm also glad that people appreciated the easy way to switch to relaxed mode.

Survivor01 is correct; when the rainbow is full the next bonus item (powerup) that you click will be more powerful - so, for example, the bubble blows up a larger area. This becomes an important strategy on the later harder levels, especially when there are lots of ice cubes.

Please try out my other games: Holiday Bonus, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (match-3 not the HoG), Unwell Mel, Fairway Solitaire (the original). The last two were commissioned by Big Fish Games.

GreyAlienGames
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by GreyAlienGames on Apr 16, 12 11:50 AM
@MEnr56 Are you running in full screen or windowed mode? I bet your monitor settings just need adjusting when the game is running in full screen. There should be a button to bring up the options and then you need the one that makes the display thinner. Make sense?

Go to: