bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Spirits of Mystery: Song of the Phoenix Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 12, 12 12:21 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a couple of suggested articles that have helped solve some common problems with games in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

usfreedom
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Post any Spirits of Mystery: Song of the Phoenix Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by usfreedom on Apr 12, 12 3:05 AM
The characters stutter! They may repeat the same word or words several times before completing a sentence.

Amaootta
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Post any Spirits of Mystery: Song of the Phoenix Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Amaootta on Apr 12, 12 3:46 AM
Yes, that constantly looping sound and speech is highly annoying... Tried reinstalling but it didn't help

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Apr 12, 12 4:52 AM
This is the second game (Maestro: Notes of life being first)
that wants me to install Adobe Flash Player.
Once again, my laptop is up to date.
I guess this is another game I won't be able to play.

[Post New]by Bigbrowndog on Apr 12, 12 10:14 AM
Yep, sound died for me - broken record effect which was highly annoying. Had to change from custom cursor as it was extremely slow and jerky. Got an access error when I got as far as the 3 locks and the book so won't be buying this - shame as it could have been a nice game and I was enjoying but......

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Apr 12, 12 12:56 PM
Hi Everyone,

If your game is giving you sound issues when trying to play, I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to make sure the files for the game fully downloaded. (If you click the blue text it will take you to more information on how to do that.)

One other thing that can help with the sound issues and the performance issues is to try the steps at this help article here:

However if you‘re still running into sound trouble or performance issues after trying these steps, I would get in touch with our Customer Support team and one of our reps can look into this issue further for you.

Thank you!

bfgCimarron

puzzlr
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by puzzlr on Apr 12, 12 1:23 PM
Anyone having a problem with the cursor? The game looks fabulous, but my cursor is "going crazy".
Also, I unfortuntely can not afford the CEs anymore, so will have to wait for the SE.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 13, 12 12:36 AM
puzzlr, have you tried disabling the custom cursor from the Options menu? You'll then revert to a smaller, system cursor which is sometimes easier to handle.

bfgRhone

sheilafaye
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheilafaye on Apr 13, 12 10:27 AM
I love ERS games and this one is no exception. However, I too have been annoyed by a troublesome cursor. I tried reverting to the less elaborate one, but that didn't help. So, I've just slogged through.

But, NOW I HAVE A NEW PROBLEM. I most definitely collected all four of the chips needed for the dungeon game, but the game tells me I only collected three of them. So, I cannot proceed. And there's no way to correct the problem within the game play as each of the sites where the chips were located are now closed [for example. the nest and well bottom are no longer accessible and the other two locations, naturally have no chip there since I already retrieved each of them].

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, with a reboot of my computer and that made no difference.

Is there any help for this other than to play again under another identity?

Please, please say you have an easy fix...

Sheila

Re:Post any Spirits of Mystery: Song of the Phoenix Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by MigoShieldwalker on Apr 13, 12 10:45 AM
posted wrong place sorry about that

Edited on 04/13/2012 at 10:48:20 AM PST

KarlynG
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by KarlynG on Apr 13, 12 4:40 PM
Any idea when they will have an update for this game? The cursor issue is ridiculous, and switching from custom cursor does not work. On the screens with the cursor problems, half the time it will freeze in place for minutes at a time.

triercl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by triercl on Apr 13, 12 6:12 PM
Is there something wrong with this game? so far it has taken 2 days to download it and it is till only at 45 % done. it downloaded just fine for the trial - then I bought it and its taken 2 days so far???? whats the deal???

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 14, 12 1:48 AM
Hi Fishies,

Those of you have trouble with the custom cursor, if you haven't already tried disabling the custom cursor, I can recommend trying that first (from the Options menu).

If the game is still giving poor performance I'd recommend giving the steps in the below help article a go:

triercl, if your download suddenly stopped working, try removing the download from your computer (pause the download and press the bin icon) and download the game again from your Purchase History.

If you are on a broadband connection, 2 days certainly isn't normal.

sheilafaye, have you also checked the gristmill and the base of the left statue in the castle? These are other locations for the chips. If there are no chips in any of these locations, you could give uninstalling and reinstalling the game a try to see if that helps.

Creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

DebBart, it sounds like this is a game question and not a technical issue. It's best to create a new thread in this game Forum for your question, as we'd like to reserve this thread for technical issues only.

If your game is still giving you trouble after completing those steps, please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

bfgRhone

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

Re:Post any Spirits of Mystery: Song of the Phoenix Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by 0161 on Apr 14, 12 2:35 AM
puzzlr wrote:Anyone having a problem with the cursor? The game looks fabulous, but my cursor is "going crazy".
Also, I unfortuntely can not afford the CEs anymore, so will have to wait for the SE.

Having the same problem, lagging cursor at times, tried smaller cursor as someone suggested, no difference. Are you on windows 7 by any chance?

puzzlr
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by puzzlr on Apr 14, 12 3:59 AM
I m using Windows7 and still have the cursor problem, either cursor - any fixes yet?

sgtsedlak
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by sgtsedlak on Apr 14, 12 5:29 AM
Also having problems with "broken record" dialog in the cut-scenes; also having problems with the absent and lagging cursor. Also have removed and re-downloaded and disabled custom cursor without any improvement.
A handful of users having a singe problem is par for the course, but these seem to be more universal game glitches. Will BFG be putting together a patch from the game maker? Please let your fishies know if / when.

Irmalover
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Irmalover on Apr 14, 12 6:01 AM
When playing the game suddenly freezes and showed this message:

Access violation at 0X013B0D50 (tried to read from 0X0FFFFFFFF), program terminated.

What's wrong about this?

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Apr 14, 12 6:40 AM
E R S games always cause laggy cursors for some players (me included). They NEVER fix it. I still think it's because they use too much fog, smoke, etc which are resource hogs for older computers (I have a 2004 Win XP PC). So for those of you w/ cursor lag, is your computer older (even if it is up to date, as mine is) ? If so, that's probably why; and don't hold your breath for a fix.

E R S games play ok on my new laptop (I don't get laggy cursor) but since I play mostly on my desktop PC, I tend not to buy them due to the laggy cursor.

And I don't like using the system cursor in games, it doesn't change to useful cursor variations when pointing etc.

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Apr 14, 12 12:05 PM
Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this sound/noise issue described below:
AND, If the developers are reading this, a looksie into the problem would be very much appreciated.

As with this & other ERS games, I notice a constant sound in the background that sounds like...well, I don't know how to explicitly describe it, other than to say it's something of a '~squeaky breeze~' noise.

With audio levels set to MUTE directly from my computer's volume control, the 'squeaky breeze' sound is there. It's a constant noise and doesn't stop until the game is brought to the opening menu screen, and is present while game is 'paused'. This is happening with ALL ERS games.

I've minimized all sounds in the game's options menu as far down as possible, but, it's still there. If I leave the game's music and other sounds at a level where it is heard distinctly throughout the game, it's enough to drown-out this noise, but I can still hear it constantly 'squeaking' in the background. If I leave the game running and go [windows-button-out] to my desktop, it's not heard, but with the game window open and game paused, it's there, with /or/ without the computer's volume set to mute.

It's baffling me as to how this noise can still be there when my computer's sound is MUTED, and the only reasoning for that is the game's volume controls override the volume control of the computer.

But, not even considering the correlation with game /or/ computer volume control/mute, there is something technically wrong with ERS games' audio to have this constant noise in the background.

... Technically,this whole scenario doesn't make ANY sense!

unanymous
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by unanymous on Apr 14, 12 9:16 PM
I think there's a game glitch in the area of the tree house where you're supposed to mix the ingredients you've collected for the sneezing powder. I put the flower in the bowl to the left when I first accessed this this area to free up space in my inventory. I then laid out the winged fairy mouse to the right. After I had collected all of the other ingredients,and came back into the mixing area it let me process the coal and all of the rest of the ingredients, but it would not allow me to pick up any of the flower pollen with the brush. It wouldn't recognize that I already put the flower in the bowl: it kept telling me that was a good place to put the flower, but it was already there. I can't go on from this point. Any suggestions? Do you think it would help to uninstall/reinstall, or am I going to have to start all over as a new player and not placed anything into the mixing area until after I've collected ALL of the ingredients? I appreciate your help.
UPDATE: Well, I just uninstalled/reinstalled and still stuck; still says I can place the flower that I already placed and can't move forward. Going to give this another try starting all over again as a new player, this time keeping all ingredients until I can combine them at one time. In the meantime, developers, perhaps you can fix this glitch so that others don't have the same problem. Thanks.

Edited on 04/15/2012 at 12:04:59 AM PST

Go to: