bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

UPDATE! New PC & MAC version available for Shiver: Poltergeist Collector's Edition! April 18, 2012

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Apr 13, 12 4:09 PM
We have a new PC and MAC version of Shiver: Poltergeist Collector's Edition up and ready for you now. This update includes the following:

Fixed problems with the tongs not being able to be used to pick up the iron

You can also find previous updates for this game by clicking here.

This update should automatically show up when you open your Game Manager, but if it hasn't just follow these steps to check manually for it:

1. Open the Game Manager and click on Options in the top right
2. Then click the Downloads tab.
3. Under the Game Updates section, select Manually
4. Then click Check for Updates

For more information on this process click this like to take you to a help article about it:

Game Updates in the Game Manager

You can also get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling the game. For help with uninstalling and reinstalling check out this help article here:

Uninstalling and Reinstalling

If you still have trouble after the update, please contact our Tech Support team for help. They will be happy to assist you.

Happy gaming!

bfgSeine

Edited on 04/22/2012 at 2:11:02 PM PST

kollerkat
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

UPDATE! New PC version available for Shiver: Poltergeist Collector's Edition! April 13, 2012

[Post New]by kollerkat on Apr 18, 12 5:13 AM
bfgSeine wrote:We have a new PC version of Shiver: Poltergeist Collector's Edition up and ready for you now. This update includes the following:

Fixed problems with the tongs not being able to be used to pick up the iron

You can also find previous updates for this game by clicking <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/205408.page">here.</a>

To get the newest version you'll just need to uninstall and reinstall the game. For help with uninstalling and reinstalling, you can visit our help article here:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">Uninstalling and Reinstalling</a>

If you still have trouble after the update, please contact our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support team</a> for help. They will be happy to assist you.

Happy gaming!

bfgSeine

Re:UPDATE! New PC & MAC version available for Shiver: Poltergeist Collector's Edition! April 18

[Post New]by corvusdelecti on Apr 22, 12 12:22 PM
Could you please fix this: My partner and I, for some reason, didn't connect the lotto keg with the elevator button initially, so we ended up stuck for a while-- trying to figure out how we would make a key mold, because we had the key halves and the brass and the smelter, the tin but not the tin opener. My partner smelted the bronze but we still couldn't figure out how to open the tin (and weren't sure we needed to, since the clay text talks about pottery, we couldn't understand why we couldn't just make a clay ball or pot to bake a mold for the key) We finally noticed the empty button, went upstairs, got the tin opener, opened the tin, poked around the upstairs a bit, and went down to get the clay-- but an event triggered that walled off the bottom floor, leaving us with no way to proceed-- no way to pull the lever to lower the chandelier and no way to make a key for the remaining locked room.

I'm guessing the event trigger conditions aren't defined properly there. So now we start over.

edit: Oh for crying out loud, it just happened again, and this time we hadn't even smelted anything! We didn't even have both key halves! Is it because we looked through the telescope? Some innocuous thing is rendering the game unplayable unless we just follow the walkthrough exactly, I guess. Ugh, until this is fixed I think we're done with the game

Edited on 04/22/2012 at 1:41:53 PM PST

Go to: