bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Post any Shiver: Poltergeist Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Apr 13, 12 4:13 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Shiver: Poltergeist Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by sloftin77 on Apr 14, 12 11:35 AM
Trying to put together the family portrait. Everything is in the correct order minus one piece (I checked the guide); my Catherine piece is sitting off to the right and I can't move it into place in the puzzle. For some reason it's not selectable anymore when I mouse over it. This seems to be a bug. I can't continue the game until it's fixed. Any advice?

Edited on 04/14/2012 at 11:36:22 AM PST

[Post New]by Lalock on Apr 15, 12 5:04 PM
I'm on a Mac and still having the problem with the tongs. I used the coal, lighter and bellows, put in the iron, removed the iron with the tongs to the anvil, used the hammer twice (and saw the red-hot iron flatten and lengthen), and then on the third strike the iron disappeared completely. The hammer is gone from my inventory and the tongs don't do anything.

I've tried everything suggested in the locked forum: flashlight on and off, window and fullscreen mode, quitting and restarting.

I have no desire to start the game over completely. I spent hours today playing with my son, and now we're both extremely disappointed that we can't move on, let alone finish the game.

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

Family Portrait Bug?

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Apr 15, 12 5:09 PM
Just went back to the original Technical Issues thread and found that many, many people are having the same problem I am having with frozen portraits on the side in the Family Portrait puzzle.

What I don't understand is why it took four pages of people complaining about the tongs situation to get a remedy from BFG, and I am wondering how many pages of complaints will it require for BFG to finally at least acknowledge the Family Portrait bug.

I am at a standstill, and there is NO WAY I am going back and restarting the game with a new profile. I didn't pay for this game to have to play it multiple times to try to overcome a programming error. BFG should first acknowledge that they are aware of the Family Portrait issue and offer a reasonable way to move past it.

I have no option to skip this, nor should I be expected to. I paid for this puzzle, and I would like to complete it without delay.

Respectfully, I ask for the above immediately. P.S. I am on a MacBook Pro.

Edited on 04/15/2012 at 5:32:13 PM PST

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

About this Family Portrait Thing

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Apr 15, 12 5:37 PM
One more thing. I have just checked the Internet blogs, and people all over the Internet are going onto gaming websites asking for help with the family portrait bug. What does it take to get BFG's attention? There must be 30 or 40 questions out there that I saw just in three minutes of searching. Everyone has the same question, but no one is getting an answer.

pacman13
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by pacman13 on Apr 17, 12 11:44 AM
Same problem, frozen portraits on the family tree. Tried the usual crap - shutting down reboot - but nada. Now i see that this seems to be a glitch in the program. I placed the portraits at different times and places this might of screwed the program. I seen that sort of thing cause trouble before. Looking for a fix before my pension starts. Pretty enjoyable game til this happened.

[Post New]by froggynanna on Apr 18, 12 7:34 AM
Can not get past the safe combination, I have done the portraits, have the combination and it will not open. Is this a glitch?

taigood
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by taigood on Apr 18, 12 9:33 AM
BRENDA'S LOCKET

No matter how I try, no matter what I do, it just will NOT OPEN.

So close to the end of the game, I'm getting extremely frustated. And please don't tell me to follow the instructions on the mirror!!!!!

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Apr 18, 12 4:20 PM
Hi everyone,

If you’re playing on a Mac and you were having trouble with the tongs , then there is an update to the game available now:

Update for Shiver: Poltergeist Collector's Edition

If you click the blue text it will take you to a post with more information about it. If you’re running into trouble with the family portrait, the safe or the locket, I would try writing into Customer Support. One of our reps would be happy to take a closer look into this with you, and this can help us better track any issues. Thank you!

bfgCimarron

Edited on 04/18/2012 at 4:35:34 PM PST

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Apr 20, 12 10:56 AM
taigood wrote:BRENDA'S LOCKET

No matter how I try, no matter what I do, it just will NOT OPEN.

So close to the end of the game, I'm getting extremely frustated. And please don't tell me to follow the instructions on the mirror!!!!!

This is what worked for me.

The outer edge of the locket will turn like a combination lock. Turn the outer edges according to the arrows on the mirror. Then the center lock will open up so you can use the key.

Are you having trouble turning the outer edge?

[Post New]by niniankyria1 on Apr 28, 12 1:55 PM
The strategy guide is incomplete. Missing huge hunks of info.

[Post New]by niniankyria1 on Apr 28, 12 1:57 PM
The strategy guide is incomplete. Whoever put it together left out huge hunks of info. Definitely not worth the extra money to get the Collector's edition.

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Apr 28, 12 4:28 PM
I, too, am having the problem with frozen portraits on the family tree puzzle. What a shame, as I love this type of logic puzzle but will have to skip it in order to move on.
Bummer..............

[Post New]by forsynthia on Apr 28, 12 7:36 PM
I'm also having problems with the family portrait. I was hoping it was something I was missing in the game itself, since a nice game of this caliber should work properly. I've been finding more and more bugs in these games for some reason and it makes me think other games have bugs when they don't really have bugs, it really is something I'm missing. It's so very annoying.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 2, 12 6:32 AM
Hi everyone,

Those of you still experiencing trouble with this game, please ensure you have the latest update for this game:

If that didn't work, please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

Thanks!

bfgRhone

y

[Post New]by Chuluota on May 2, 12 9:23 AM
bfgSeine wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166">Frequent Crashing of Game</a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bhoney1
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by bhoney1 on May 26, 12 11:58 PM
Did anyone find a way around the family tree issue? I'm not willing to re-start the game this close to the end. Hoping a fix will be available soon...

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jun 29, 12 8:46 AM
bhoney1 wrote:Did anyone find a way around the family tree issue? I'm not willing to re-start the game this close to the end. Hoping a fix will be available soon...

I did find a way around it and was able to complete the game. It wasn't easy though. If anyone wants details, send me a PM and I'll try to walk you through it.

pcpat923
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by pcpat923 on Jul 24, 12 9:30 PM
Thank you for having a BFG response team. At very end of extra game play two of the very final interactive items are not working--eectrical wires to spark the torch and the very last inventory item needed to conclude the game disappeared (the bar) to be used as a lever. Please advise. Thanks! -Mama Mia-

Draclvr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Draclvr on Jul 26, 12 3:56 PM
Oh, no, it happened to me too. I've only seen a couple of these posts, but I've been walled off from descending to the basement floor to get the 4th portrait piece and twine to lower the chandelier!

Is there any way to get past this glitch? I've painstakingly been through 2 different walkthroughs and the in-game guide and I haven't missed anything.

I've just put too many hours into this game to risk starting over and having the same thing happen.. any help here?

Edited on 07/26/2012 at 7:41:53 PM PST

Go to: